JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
There is nothing impressive for the JF-17 except for the fact that it is cheap and probably good to customize based on requirements.
Of course not... it carries dumb bombs and obsolete dog fight missiles. The MiG-21 it was supposed to replace could give it a run for its money. The MiG-21bis would dominate it. That is why they wanted our upgrades so bad. Now China is left to develop everything after it is already inducted.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Those are the major metrics of an aircraft performance. If Rafale is better on those, it is better.

You claim that Rafale's quality isn't as good as Gripen, got any proof to support or you are just goofing around as usual?
well my source is based off french made equipments..be it military or other product

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is nothing impressive for the JF-17 except for the fact that it is cheap and probably good to customize based on requirements.
what is impressive for you?EFT kind of?

Surely JFT is not of that clas

but can easily give a tough competition to its class fighters such as gripen C/D at the moment

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Of course not... it carries dumb bombs and obsolete dog fight missiles. The MiG-21 it was supposed to replace could give it a run for its money. The MiG-21bis would dominate it. That is why they wanted our upgrades so bad. Now China is left to develop everything after it is already inducted.
the Pakistani F-7pg it is suppose to replace has italian avionics/radar and relatively a new frame still..

though will be replaced by JFT..F-7pg in tech is comparable to french made m2k or slightly better

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
A few CGI of possible JFT 3 similar to YF-23

Inspired from the F-16 XL project, this modification gives JF-17 Thunder a substantial increase in payload, range, and speed. Unlike the crancked arrow wing of F-16XL, this particular Jf-17 mounts a diamond shaped wing, commonly associated with YF-23 Black Widow. Primarily intended for Strike role, Block 3 because of its increased internal fuel capacity and payload, the JF-17 XL can carry twice the payload of the JF-17, 40% further. The increased payload was carried on 17 hardpoints, which were arranged as follows:

6 wing weapons stations (750 lb capacity)
4 semi-submerged SD-10A stations
2 wingtip stations
1 centerline station
2 wing "heavy / wet" stations (2000 lb)
2 chin stations for Targetting/ navigational pods.

General characteristics:
Crew: 2
Length: 50 ft 2 in (16.51 m)
Wingspan: 31 ft 3 in (10.44 m)
Height: 15 ft 7 in (5.36 m)
Wing area: 533 ft2 (58.81 m2)
Empty weight: 15,000 lb (7,980 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 28,000 lb (14,775 kg)
Powerplant: 1× WS-10 turbofan
Dry thrust: 17,155 lbf (76.3 kN)
Thrust with afterburner: 28,984 lbf (128.9 kN)
Performance:
Maximum speed: Mach 2.0
Range: 2,480 nm (2,850 mi, 4,590 km)
Service ceiling: 50,000 ft (15,240 m)
Rate of climb: 62,000 ft/min (315 m/s)

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
jf-17 XL Cranked Arrow delta wing similar to F-16 XL

i want this kind of configuation :D

Defcon 1

Country flag
the Pakistani F-7pg it is suppose to replace has italian avionics/radar and relatively a new frame still..

though will be replaced by JFT..F-7pg in tech is comparable to french made m2k or slightly better
JFT will not replace F7pg. Give me a single source of that. It has already replaced A5 bombers. It will next replace older F7s followed by mirages.

Defcon 1

Country flag
well my source is based off french made equipments..be it military or other product
So that means you haven't got any source to prove that Rafale is inferior in quality to Gripen. You were goofing around as usual

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
JFT will not replace F7pg. Give me a single source of that. It has already replaced A5 bombers. It will next replace older F7s followed by mirages.
So that means you haven't got any source to prove that Rafale is inferior in quality to Gripen. You were goofing around as usual
A5 replaced

mirage and f-7 will be replaced before f-7pg..eventually it will replace f-7pg around 2020.

because the rest are very old

No,sometime common sense work as well,

The subsequent grounding of indian m2k and paf personal experience with mirages.

quality issues are the main concern.

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
A5 replaced

mirage and f-7 will be replaced before f-7pg..eventually it will replace f-7pg around 2020.

No,sometime common sense work as well,

The subsequent grounding of indian m2k and paf personal experience with mirages.

quality issues are the main concern.
A5 replaced

Thats basically what I said.

Again, give me a source that JF17 will replace F7PG and also that Rafale is inferior to Gripen in quality or shut up now. This discussion is going nowhere since you keep on making stupid claims without backing them up with sources.

Do not give me your common sense, if I go into that you will start feeling really uncomfortable. Give links or shut up.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Thats basically what I said.

Again, give me a source that JF17 will replace F7PG and also that Rafale is inferior to Gripen in quality or shut up now. This discussion is going nowhere since you keep on making stupid claims without backing them up with sources.

Do not give me your common sense, if I go into that you will start feeling really uncomfortable. Give links or shut up.
don't worry indian rafale will be better since it won't be made in france but rather india under tot

the JF-17 will be entering frontline service in 2009, and is on course to replace all the PAF A-5C, Mirage-III/IV, and F-7P/PG aircraft on a one-for-one basis by 2015
older link but original plan's of replacing both f-7 and f-7pg

The JF-17 Thunder: A hefty punch at an affordable price.

Defcon 1

Country flag
don't worry indian rafale will be better since it won't be made in france but rather india under tot

older link but original plan's of replacing both f-7 and f-7pg

The JF-17 Thunder: A hefty punch at an affordable price.
I have just one question for you. Do you trust your own link when it says JF17 will replace A-5C, Mirage-III/IV, and F-7P/ F7PG on one to one basis by 2015? Because that will require pakistan to manufacture over 250 aircraft in 3 years. Do you trust it?

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have just one question for you. Do you trust your own link when it says JF17 will replace F7PG on one to one basis by 2015? Because that will require pakistan to manufacture over 250 aircraft in 3 years. Do you trust it?
this is an older link..as i said before

JFT was already way late of schedule

mass production of jft was planned in 2007 but started about 3 years late.otherwise we would have more than 100 jft by now

and the source is usman ansari,writer for janes and defencenews both..he and farhan bokhari are the only 2 pakistani journalist with knowledge about defence and in janes as well

f-7pg will be replaced around 2020

Defcon 1

Country flag
this is an older link..as i said before

JFT was already way late of schedule

mass production of jft was planned in 2007 but started about 3 years late.otherwise we would have more than 100 jft by now

and the source is usman ansari,writer for janes and defencenews both..he and farhan bokhari are the only 2 pakistani journalist with knowledge about defence and in janes as well

f-7pg will be replaced around 2020
Again the old sickness of believing only some parts of the article that you like and rejecting everything else. That article is just a blog, and I have shown you that it carries wrong information. Still you want to believe it.

About credibility of Usman Ansari, my defence minister is the most credible person in my country, one and a half year ago, he told the nation that IAC-1 will be launched by end of 2011. I am still waiting.

As far I know, JF17 will not replace F7PG. There are no plans yet. It will replace only the mirages and F7Ps according to the current plan. F7PG maybe replaced by another plane or a decision might be taken at a later date to replace it JF17 Blk III. But there are no plans as of now. If you want to prove otherwise, I request you come up with a good source.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Again the old sickness of believing only some parts of the article that you like and rejecting everything else. That article is just a blog, and I have shown you that it carries wrong information. Still you want to believe it.

About credibility of Usman Ansari, my defence minister is the most credible person in my country, one and a half year ago, he told the nation that IAC-1 will be launched by end of 2011. I am still waiting.

As far I know, JF17 will not replace F7PG. There are no plans yet. It will replace only the mirages and F7Ps according to the current plan. F7PG maybe replaced by another plane or a decision might be taken at a later date to replace it JF17 Blk III. But there are no plans as of now. If you want to prove otherwise, I request you come up with a good source.
F-7pg will be replaced by Block III/IV..F-7PG are relatively new compared to the rest of f-7 and low quality mirages..

but eventually JFT will replace f-7pg and this is a known truth

again common sense

Defcon 1

Country flag
F-7pg will be replaced by Block III/IV..F-7PG are relatively new compared to the rest of f-7 and low quality mirages..

but eventually JFT will replace f-7pg and this is a known truth

again common sense
There is no common sense in defence. Come up with a source or stop talking. If you are right, you will be proved right.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is no common sense in defence. Come up with a source or stop talking. If you are right, you will be proved right.
what you want to prove?

f-7pg will not be replaced by jft or will be replaced later?

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
"Rao says Pakistan will have the second squadron of JF-17s enter operation at the end of March while simultaneously phasing out all of its Nanchang A-5s"¦ "As for the Chengdu F-7s and Dassault Mirages, we will phase these out as we get JF-17s," Rao says. "Some of Pakistan's Mirages are the oldest in the world," he says, adding that some were built in 1967. Phasing out the older Mirages is a top priority. The Mirages are difficult and costly to maintain because no one is producing spare parts for these aircraft anymore, he says. "We are getting secondhand parts, but we don't know the history of these spare parts we are getting. It's a flight safety issue and a nightmare for me," he adds."

Link
French Mirages flying for 45 years, but are low quality onlee .! :rofl::pound:
This paki should stop posting his hackneyed anti-French slanders :rolleyes:.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am saying that there is no plan for their replacement as of now. We will know about it only in future.
replacing the olders are top priority

eventually f-7pg will also be replaced.there is nothing such as plan or what..they will eventually be replaced but around 2020

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles