JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

pankaj nema

Country flag
The proof of the pudding lies in its eating

China is NOT eating its own self made pudding .ie China is NOT inducting its own JF 17 simply because they are not good enough

p2prada

Our aircraft are qualitatively and quantitatively superior to the Pakistanis. So, what's the issue?

Whatever "stealth" they try to add on the JF-17 our radars will have no problems picking them up on radar.

Best of Luck PAF.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
The Block II JF-17 is believed to have AESA radars similar to those observed on the J-10B. The integrated avionics, sensors and EW suite is entirely Chinese and is believed to be at the level of Europes best planes.
If so is the case then why PAF is still dropping their tongue for all French JF-17 (except airframe)? Regardless of what they might claim, this to be built JF-17 will still be inferior to Tejas MK-1, not bringing in the picture is MK-2 which will be class apart. Oh yes AESA, well that's a thing to watch for but i think all depends on what progress Chinese have made so far? Frankly, if PAF been dropping over for Chinese avionics wholeheartedly, overlooking French systems, then i would have taken it seriously. But is that the case, i think not?

satish007

Namaste,P2prada, country in peace time are totally difference as war time, let say China has 2 million solders, and India have 1 million, but if Indian want to screw up China, they can have 1 billion and then can take Tibet very easy , and then east turkeystan , all Chinese then will welcome you guys because they really don't like CCP and want to have a democratic Gov.

Last edited:

p2prada

Namaste,P2prada, country in peace time are totally difference as war time, let say China has 2 million solders, and India have 1 million, but if Indian want to screw up China, they can have 1 billion and then can take Tibet very easy , and then east turkeystan , all Chinese then will welcome you guys because they really don't like CCP and want to have a democratic Gov.
Namaste ji, India cannot take Tibet. We are far too weak for that.

China cannot take Tawang for reasons as simple as we are strong enough to keep them out.

It will be a game of tug of war.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Originally Posted by satish007

Stop trying to sound like Pakistanis. Ill concieved bravado should not be the stuff of Indians.

sukhish

Re: JF-17 obsolete and cheap aircraft, ideal for Pakistan

PAKISTAN IS AN absolute country, so it makes sense for them to have absolute jet, which nobody wants to buy. when there are jets like F-16, F-18, rafale, EU-fighter in the market, which country will risk buying JF-17 to face a potential threat like F-16, F-18, F-35, rafale or EU fighter.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

"China is having almost no impact on world markets, except in a marginal way," he adds. "Their niche, if you could call it that, is countries that can't afford anything better. The JF-17 is an obsolete and cheap aircraft, ideal for the Pakistan market, which values numbers over actual combat effectiveness. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere else, and only marginal country markets have been mentioned as prospects."
:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

p2prada

JF-17 is an aircraft which will replace the old Mirages in PAF.

It is not meant to fight the high end fighters.

I said this years ago on a Pak forum. But at that time, they were busy talking about how JF will bring down MKIs by the dozens. I wonder if it is the same even today.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

I said this years ago on a Pak forum. But at that time, they were busy talking about how JF will bring down MKIs by the dozens. I wonder if it is the same even today.
now they say that JF-17 can take F35 and F22.................:rofl:

Country flag

"They have also established a secure position as an aircraft supplier to cash-strapped users. Their position has been limited by the ageing technical standards of the aircraft they have been willing to export. They are still perceived as being the supplier of 1950s knock-offs, even though that has not been true for a decade or more."

Many neighboring members got angry when i said this was 30 year old tech. I was being
generous the author is calling it 60 year old obsolete tech

Country flag

When asked, however, why China has yet to secure a sale beyond Pakistan for the JF-17, Erickson says: "This is probably emblematic of the larger problems in Chinese aircraft production and marketing: unproven systems, lack of reliable Chinese-produced engines and uncertain after-market servicing and support. In addition, some countries have larger geo-strategic concerns and relationships that cause them to pursue suppliers other than China."

There is also a lack of radar, engine has always been problem from
the original LAVI design where some engines were rumored to catch
on fire midflight

May 6, 2010: For the second time in three years, it was revealed that one of China's J-10 fighters crashed. There may have been more. The two crashes that are known were initially kept quiet. News of these mishaps escaped only because of special circumstances. The most recent loss (on April 22nd) killed its pilot, who was a senior colonel. That rank and reputation led to a big funeral, attracting a lot of military and political officials. That made it difficult to conceal how the colonel died. The 2007 crash was in a rice paddy in the rural northeast. The wreckage was not immediately removed, and eventually someone with a cell phone camera and an Internet connection came along, and the pictures got out. It is believed that there have been more crashes, which have been kept from the public. Nearly 200 J-10s have been built so far, but the design has not worked out as hoped.
The J-10 began development in 1988 and first flew in 1996. The J-10 is based on the abandoned Israeli Lavi (an improved F-16) project. The J-10 initially used a Russian engine (the AL-31F, the same one used in the Su-27), and was to have used Israeli electronics. But the United States leaned on the Israelis to back off making the Chinese air force too lethal, given the probability of American pilots possibly having to fight the Chinese air force some day. The Chinese developed their own avionics, based on Russian equipment. But this did not work out well. The J-10 is also now using a Chinese copy of the Russian AL-31F engine, and the poor reliability of this engine appears to have been the cause of several accidents.

The J-10 looks something like the American F-16, and weighs about the same (19 tons). Like the F-16 the J-10 has only one engine. The J-10 turned out to perform poorly in air-to-air combat. In response, the Chinese have been reconfiguring some of them as a fighter-bombers (the J-10C). This two seat version can carry over four tons of bombs and missiles and has been equipped with a fire control system for delivering missiles and smart bombs. The J-10C will have a weapons officer to concentrate on hitting things on the ground.

China is seeking export sales for the J-10, selling the aircraft as an "F-16 replacement", but for half the price. This is not going well, because there are so many used F-16s for sale, at less than what new J-10s cost. Despite all that, the Chinese are quite proud of the J-10, as it is the first high performance jet fighter designed (albeit with Israeli plans) and built in China.

no smoking

Country flag

As my understanding, from beginning, Pakistan asked the chinese company to design a plane against LCA. I don't know what pakistan fan boys thinks about it, but taking down high end fighters of india is the job of J-10 in their defence planning.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

As my understanding, from beginning, Pakistan asked the chinese company to design a plane against LCA. I don't know what pakistan fan boys thinks about it, but taking down high end fighters of india is the job of J-10 in their defence planning.
hahahhahahaah .... ok no probs guys - let them dream !

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned

Double tongue red book CCP snakes always misguide /misinform pakitanis with their cliche' and stupid empty sloganeering.They never let the pakistan knew the correct info.

Country flag

That is why so many nations are lining up to buy this dinosaur.

Country flag

Double tongue red book CCP snakes always misguide /misinform pakitanis with their cliche' and stupid empty sloganeering.They never let the pakistan knew the correct info.

Even Chinese ejection seats don't work

A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) aircraft crashed in the Attock district on Monday.

ATTOCK: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) aircraft JF-17 Thunder, crashed in Attock Distrct also killing its pilot, Geo News, reported Monday.

According to PAF spokesman, pilot Squadron Leader Muhammad Hussain ejected successfully but the parachute failed to open properly. There were no reports of damage as the crash site is a mountainous region.

Rescue teams reached the site soon after the incident while an investigation board has been set up to investigate the crash.

The pilot's body was recovered 2km away from the site of the crash. Initial reports suggested that he was unharmed as he ejected himself from the aircraft before the crash. However, officials have confirmed the pilot's death.

The cause of the crash is not yet known, however, army and airport officials are approaching the area to collect the debris of the plane and launch an inquiry.

The aircraft crashed along the countryside of the Attock district, near Khyber Pakhtunkhwa- Punjab border.

Sources said the aircraft was being used by the PAF during a training exercise.

China tries to hide J-10 fighter crashes

China tries to hide J-10 fighter crashes

07:41 GMT, May 11, 2010 On April 13, in the port city of Tianjin about 130- KM away from Beijing, China showed off its 4th Generation J-10 aircraft to military attaches of about 50 countries it could possibly export to. 9 days later as per Strategy page reports it was running to cover up the 2nd crash of the J-10 fighter that became public in the last two years.

The 22 April crash became public because a senior colonel had died in the crash and the funeral became too big to keep the story hushed. The news report also claims that the design of the 200-odd J-10s produced has not worked out as desired by its developers.

The crash and doubts over its design also comes as a set back to Pakistan, which was hoping to buy 36 J-10 in a deal worth US$1.4 billion has also been concluded reports China's English Peoples Daily. In the past it has exported fighter aircraft to Iran, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Pakistan. However, the pitfalls of reverse engineering without paying royalty and truly understanding the technology are high accident rates, a fact that China has hushed up with its lack of media freedom.

The first flight of the J-10 begun took place in 1998. It is the most advanced 4th Generation aircraft to be built by China. However, Fighter-Planes.com reports the development of J-10 has proven to be torturous. The prototype was rumoured to have first flown in 1996, but the project suffered a serious setback in late 1997 when the 02 prototype lost control and crashed, as the result of certain system failure, presumably with either the FBW system or the engine.

If the reports pertaining to the faulty design of the fourth generation fighter are serious enough, it will put the Chinese plans to replace the obsolete J-7 fighter and Q-5 attack aircraft in a limbo. With 2,000 combat aircraft China has the 3rd largest air force in the world. (Loading...)

Global Defence

Articles