JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The problem with these "brochure" specifications is, they are hardly realized in the actual platform. Classical Chinese strategy of over-selling something and you later find out it was never there.

For example -
  • Double-rack pylon for SD-10/PL-15 is promised since Block-II but is only present in digital media or static airshows. It is yet to be realized in actual flying configuration.
  • JHMCS is a pretty niche technology and "custom making" them for each pilot is something that will shoot the cost way high. Also doubts if it can be actually "better" and lighter than european/american models.
  • All the advanced electronics promised, the tech from J-20 and J-35, all seem very futuristic. What is not specified, is how the cost will shoot up with such equipment, and can Pakistan really afford it, and thus if it makes sense for Pakistan to even get it.
Till now, JF-17 has remained a paper tiger, another trademark of Chinese weaponry.
jF 17 is part of APG doctrine it’s not made for war

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I am Copypasting one of my previous posts here with regards to JF 17.
-
I always wondered to myself if a fighter like JF 17 block 3 will have the following Upgrades: AESA Radar, EW Suite ,Upgraded avionics, New HUD , HMD ,dual racks , Extra Hard Point, New missiles (PL-10, PL-15) etc than why doesn't China buy it for their Airforce? Sure with all these Projected specs, the JF 17 Block 3 will be a perfect replacement for those Shenyang J-8 , Chengdu J-7? Than why doesn't China buy it?

Always wanted to know this-

Super Flanker

Country flag
View attachment 133185

Probably a JF B3 being commissioned at PAC. Looks like there's no refuelling probe as Pak exfarts had earlier quoted.
Plus their manufacturing jig makes HAL facility look like World's best.
Doesn't the JF 17 have a removable Refuelling Probe on it? I had seen some Pakistanis Claiming it on some social media platforms, (I don't recall where though)

Super Flanker

Country flag
I am Copypasting one of my previous posts here with regards to JF 17.
-
I always wondered to myself if a fighter like JF 17 block 3 will have the following Upgrades: AESA Radar, EW Suite ,Upgraded avionics, New HUD , HMD ,dual racks , Extra Hard Point, New missiles (PL-10, PL-15) etc than why doesn't China buy it for their Airforce? Sure with all these Projected specs, the JF 17 Block 3 will be a perfect replacement for those Shenyang J-8 , Chengdu J-7? Than why doesn't China buy it?

Always wanted to know this-
@FalconSlayers @mist_consecutive @Whitecollar @BON PLAN @Porkislayer @Tshering22

What are your thoughts on this.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Cause they already have a better single engine fighter J-10 with almost all technical specs much better than a FC1 Xialong, there's no point in going for inferior performance fighter. Another reason, they have more than 1 light fighter trainer aircrafts i.e JL-9, JL-10 which are equally capable to a FC1 and infact JL-10 is safer too owing to it's twin engine config.
images (17).jpeg

Hongdu JL-10

images (20).jpeg

J-10

Super Flanker

Country flag
Cause they already have a better single engine fighter J-10 with almost all technical specs much better than a FC1 Xialong, there's no point in going for inferior performance fighter. Another reason, they have more than 1 light fighter trainer aircrafts i.e JL-9, JL-10 which are equally capable to a FC1 and infact JL-10 is safer too owing to it's twin engine config.
View attachment 134000
Hongdu JL-10

View attachment 134001
J-10
Whenever I ask any Paki this ,he says its the same logic in which Russia is not buying Brahmos even though it is a joint venture between India and Russia, so JF 17 is also a joint venture between Pakistan and China and China doesn't require it.

shiphone

Country flag
oh...this is year 2022 already.

the first FC-1/JF-17 SP with installed IFR probe is the CAC manufactured 0229 or 2P29(the 29th of Block 2) in 2016... after this SP, all new JF-17s were rolled out with this standard ...lol...it is always removable just like the one on J10 serial which was also manufactured by CAC...

Super Flanker

Country flag
Any technical info about the MAWS system integrated on JF-17? I came here to get some info but all I see is posts after posts of roasting the Sitara tyarra...
Here I am Copypasting a recent post made by a Pakistani Poster on PDF, it's not about the Technical info about the MAWS but about it's placement (Maybe this might help you in some way) so here is the post:
JF-17 Block III.jpg

Block 3s front facing MAWS. The block 3 has new 360 degree (block 1 and 2 had only rear facing) hybrid MAWS. (block 1 and 2 has IR MAWS, block 3 has hybrid UV + IR MAWS). The rear sensors are also moved to the top of the tail instead of the base in the block 3.

-

Whitecollar

Country flag
Whenever I ask any Paki this ,he says its the same logic in which Russia is not buying Brahmos even though it is a joint venture between India and Russia, so JF 17 is also a joint venture between Pakistan and China and China doesn't require it.
You can rather think like this. Suppose India would've developed Tejas Mk2 before and already inducted 200+ fighters. A smaller country like Sri Lanka or Phillipines would request us to make an LCA platform which could serve both as a trainer and a light fighter. Would India induct the LCA then? Maybe they would as a trainer but not for fighting role. This is the situation with China...but what China's been doing is maturing a relatively capable fighter to it's highest possible limit so that the export potential is always the highest among adversaries.
Pak has no fukin role in this and as far as I believe, all the strings are pulled by China itself after looking at FC1's export potential.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tell those assholes that they use p-800 oniks and bharmos is a derivative of it.
Such inbreds don't have brain to think

shiphone

Country flag
lol..not big deal...

this was displayed by CETC on Airshow china 2021 last October.. but it's not the IR MAWS on J-10C.

a repost here
quite some J11As have been MLUed during the scheduled overhaul. all-direction IR Imaging MAWS is the obvious Identifying Characteristic. this MAWS is also spotted on JF-17 Block 3...

the news image of yesterday...

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
Tell those assholes that they use p-800 oniks and bharmos is a derivative of it.
Such inbreds don't have brain to think
Yes I tell Them that Russia doesn't require Brahmos because it already has a System similar in the form of p-800 and than they say that yes it's the same logic by why China is not buying because they already have other options like J-10 etc which Fullfils their Requirements and hence china is not buying it.

Super Flanker

Country flag
I have a question here: Does JF 17 block 3 have bigger wings and a Stronger landing gear? What are the Visual Differences Better the previous blocks of JF 17 and JF 17 block 3?
Screenshot_20210825_232502.jpg

-
Screenshot_2021-08-25-23-22-29-23.jpg

-

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes I tell Them that Russia doesn't require Brahmos because it already has a System similar in the form of p-800 and than they say that yes it's the same logic by why China is not buying because they already have other options like J-10 etc which Fullfils their Requirements and hence china is not buying it.
Again tell them to poke their eyes
From which angle jf-17 is similar to j-10
Design? Engine? Payload?
Similar avionics won't provide same performance
Those are most illogical people on this planet

Super Flanker

Country flag
Again tell them to poke their eyes
From which angle jf-17 is similar to j-10
Design? Engine? Payload?
Similar avionics won't provide same performance
Those are most illogical people on this planet
Refer to this post made by @Whitecollar please.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Any technical info about the MAWS system integrated on JF-17? I came here to get some info but all I see is posts after posts of roasting the Sitara tyarra...
It's said that JF 17 Block 3 has 360° coverage MAWS. Don't know how true it is though.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Please have a look what Pakora Strategic Forum has to say here, that means it's fake news from our Side, please have a look at what this guy is saying :

Super Flanker

Country flag
View attachment 134000
Hongdu JL-10

View attachment 134001
J-10
Thanks for the Information.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles