JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

lcafanboy

Country flag
Precious little Ego Hurt Kyon 😁
Filthy Pig, then why PAF personnel were drooling over LCA Tejas at Dubai Air show and why JF-17 Bunder didn't participate in Oman Dubai and Malaysian Air shows.

Fact is LCA Tejas is far ahead of Jalil Bunder 17 and with LCA mk1a it will be leagues Ahead with uttam aesa and internal EW suite it will be a tough nut for PAF to crack. The biggest difference is engine Rd 33 vs GE404 which makes LCA one of the safest fighter to fly with zero accident record and has a radar which is even better than su30mki in its current avtaar

MWF aka LCA mk2 will be leagues Ahead of J-10s which PAF is planning to buy...

Concard

Country flag
This question is to the Pakistani chap who is commenting here. No BS. Just give me a proper answer.

Here is a link from your own defense site run by Pakistanis reporting on JF-17. This report is from 2016. However things haven't changed much with respect to JF-17. The Jet is pretty much the same with no modifications.

The article says JF-17s in PAF since it's induction in 2011 has logged 19,000 hours until the reporting of this article in April 2016. During this period PAF had 65 JF-17s. If we do the math then each JF-17 in PAF has only clocked 300 hours in 5 years. That's such a low number of hours. If we do the math even further we are talking about each JF-17 in PAF is being available only for 60 hours per year which means each JF-17 was only available for 12 hours per month.

Apparently JF-17 suffers from the same issue like all other jets which have Russian Engines. They have low availability rates given their excessive maintenance and low availability of spare parts.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Precious little Ego Hurt Kyon 😁
@Aliusman Hey dude! Listen! We are awaiting your reply! How is JF 17 better than Tejas? We want to know too! Just tell us! Don't run away from the Conversation! We are waiting for your reply Mate. We are not having any kind of ego in any place on this Forum. We too want to have a healthy Discusssion with you buddy.
Just tell us how JF 17 is better than Tejas? Huh? We are not trying to abuse anyone here and somewhat. We will reply each other with Facts mate. And this is the last time I am going to ask this. Just tell us the answer to this question:
'how is JF 17 thunder better than tejas'?

Super Flanker

Country flag
Hey guys, have you all noticed how similar the Vertical Stabilizers of the JF 17 thunder and the F-16 are?it's almost impossible to differentiate between the Two Aircrafts in this aspect, they look so similar To me.
IMG_20211219_204321.jpg

(JF 17 Picture Above)
IMG_20211219_204351.jpg

(F-16 Picture Above)

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
No mate ,maybe for you there might be a lot of difference but personally for me, there is not much Difference between the two.
Very little similarity, some similarity may be there because jf 17 was originally an american sino partnership program that went nowhere, which chinese completed as best they could and sold to pak.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Very little similarity, some similarity may be there because jf 17 was originally an american sino partnership program that went nowhere, which chinese completed as best they could and sold to pak.
Yes you are correct. In my opinion, The JF17 thunder Aircraft was heavily inspired from The American Fighting Falcon and the Russian MIG-21. That's why whenever I look at the JF 17, it looks like a hybrid design of The MIG-21 and the F-16. Do have a read through a couple of Articles which I will share here.
article_5e25590f34ede1_86986577.jpeg

Super Flanker

Country flag
Pakistan J 17 Thunder is over hauled in China I thought it to be over hauled in Pakistan since it is manufactured in Pakistan. SU-30, MIG-29, Mirage 2000, Jaguar, and Tejas all are over hauled and manufactured and upgraded by HAL and India.
It's simple. Pakistan doesn't Manufacture pretty much anything in regards to the JF 17. They have pretty much zero contribution in the JF 17 project. Pakistani's claim of building 58% of the Airframe of the JF 17 in Pakistan is a myth.
85811-pak-air-force-4.jpg

At most the Pakistanis just Assemble the JF 17 with all the materials for the Aircraft Airframe and the Aircraft in the form of knocked down kits coming from their Abbu China.
20211221_201158.jpg

From my personal assesment ,I believe at most the Porkis along with mere assembling just paint the JF 17 Aircrafts in their Country(shayad who paint bhi apne papa China se he import karthe honge)
d7d2e05128a5038bb773322de101da62.jpg

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
This question is to the Pakistani chap who is commenting here. No BS. Just give me a proper answer.

Here is a link from your own defense site run by Pakistanis reporting on JF-17. This report is from 2016. However things haven't changed much with respect to JF-17. The Jet is pretty much the same with no modifications.

The article says JF-17s in PAF since it's induction in 2011 has logged 19,000 hours until the reporting of this article in April 2016. During this period PAF had 65 JF-17s. If we do the math then each JF-17 in PAF has only clocked 300 hours in 5 years. That's such a low number of hours. If we do the math even further we are talking about each JF-17 in PAF is being available only for 60 hours per year which means each JF-17 was only available for 12 hours per month.

Apparently JF-17 suffers from the same issue like all other jets which have Russian Engines. They have low availability rates given their excessive maintenance and low availability of spare parts.
The math you use to calculate is wrong. Pakistan did not get 65 aircrafts in 2011. They probably got 10 in 2011, 12 in 2012 and so forth. So some aircrafts would have more hours while some very less.

Even then anything coming out of Alan Warner is mostly a lie.

Concard

Country flag
The math you use to calculate is wrong. Pakistan did not get 65 aircrafts in 2011. They probably got 10 in 2011, 12 in 2012 and so forth. So some aircrafts would have more hours while some very less.

Even then anything coming out of Alan Warner is mostly a lie.
I thought about what you have written when I was writing the post. But still the number of flying hours is very low.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Hey you all Guys, do you think that PL-12/SD-10 could be a copy or a reversed Engineered Copy of the AMRAAM AIM-120? Because they Both look so similar to me.

They may not look to be similar to each other for some of you but they look so similar to me.

Regardless of that, as I am aware that Pakistan is an active Operator of AMRAAM AIM-1205C ,do you all Think that they may have given a couple of Them to the Chinese so that they could reverse engineer Them? Do you think that's a possibility?
View attachment 128036
View attachment 128037
(Pictures of the SD-10/PL-12 Missile)
View attachment 128034View attachment 128035
(Pictures of the AMRAAM AIM-120 Missiles)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Below I have listed the Pictures of the Schematics of both the Missiles.
View attachment 128039
(Schematic of the SD-10/PL-12 Missile)
View attachment 128040
(Schematic of the AMRAAM AIM-120 Missile)

Share your thoughts on this-@mist_consecutive @Lonewolf @FalconSlayers @FalconZero @India Super Power
Possibly , and if yes , then what ? Technical espionage is a real thing

Super Flanker

Country flag
Possibly , and if yes , then what ? Technical espionage is a real thing
Yes you are right, anyways I am sure that the Americans may have taken it into consideration before giving these AMRAAM AIM-1205C missiles to Pakistan.

I am damn sure that They Definitely have given a couple of Them to their Father China for reverse engineering on these Missiles.

Anyways it doesn't matter whether the Chinese Reverse Engineer it or not , whatever they produce will be inferior to the AMRAAM AIM-1205C.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yes you are right, anyways I am sure that the Americans may have taken it into consideration before giving these AMRAAM AIM-1205C missiles to Pakistan.

I am damn sure that They Definitely have given a couple of Them to their Father China for reverse engineering on these Missiles.

Anyways it doesn't matter whether the Chinese Reverse Engineer it or not , whatever they produce will be inferior to the AMRAAM AIM-1205C.
Why does it matter ,and are u a engineer to be damn sure , i said earlier ,will say it again , read more than u write , until u have some exclusive info which nobody have written on the thread .

Super Flanker

Country flag
Why does it matter ,and are u a engineer to be damn sure , i said earlier ,will say it again , read more than u write , until u have some exclusive info which nobody have written on the thread .
To be honest it really doesn't matter to me and i am not some kind of Engineer but there are many reasons for me to believe that Pakis may have given a couple of these AMRAAMs to China for reverse engineering on Them.

Anyways all I wanted was to discuss about these Chinese Missiles and wanted to assess their Capabilities and how to counter them in detail.

So if there is a thread for it where I can do the Discussion than Kindly send me the link over here.

(A genuine request to you) :smile:

:india:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
To be honest it really doesn't matter to me and i am not some kind of Engineer but there are many reasons for me to believe that Pakis may have given a couple of these AMRAAMs to China for reverse engineering on Them.

Anyways all I wanted was to discuss about these Chinese Missiles and wanted to assess their Capabilities and how to counter them in detail.

So if there is a thread for it where I can do the Discussion than Kindly send me the link over here.

(A genuine request to you) :smile:

:india:
That's what I am saying , Better to have prior info on what u wanna discuss , these claims of youra are already discussed years ago ,start reading drdo psu thread , Astra thread , and don't post without reading threads from start to end

Global Defence

New threads

Articles