JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Ayushraj

Country flag
CHINESE ARRIVE IN ARGENTINA TO NEGOTIATE SALE OF 12 JF-17 FIGHTERS
Following the retirement of its latest Dassault Mirage III in 2015, the Argentine Air Force is out of supersonic fighter jets in its fleet and has been using subsonic A-4 attack aircraft while negotiating the purchase of intercept aircraft.

After negotiations with Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) failed to offer the FA-50, Argentina has received offers from Russia, which includes the MiG-35, and from China.

In this case, the aircraft involved is the JF-17 fighter, produced in partnership with Pakistan, which is its largest operator. According to the country’s press, the Chinese export company CATIC intends to close an agreement for the supply of 12 fighters. For that purpose a delegation is in Argentina this week, according to the Zona Militar website.

Among the places to be visited by the Chinese are the facilities of FADEA, an Argentine aircraft manufacturer, which may be involved in a potential assembly of the fighters.

British Veto

The option for the MiG-35 and JF-17 fighters comes after a British government veto prevents the sale of South Korean planes, which are equipped with avionics produced in the United Kingdom.

Like the MiG, the JF-17 uses an engine of Russian origin, the RD-39, a variant developed from the RD-33 used by the MiG-35. The Chinese fighter, however, is lighter and less capable of carrying weapons.

Nigerian Air Force JF-17

Despite this, the JF-17 Thunder has sufficient performance to carry out the interceptor fighting mission. It can reach Mach 1.6 and has a combat radius of up to 1,352 km.

The fighter has seven hardpoints that can receive from infrared-guided air-to-air missiles to air-to-surface and anti-ship weaponry, as well as bombs and cannons.

Currently, the JF-17 is operated by Pakistan (138 fighters), Myanmar (16 on order) and Nigeria, which received its first three planes in 2021.
Most of African and Asian nation are under debt trap of China.
So china force them to buy their military products . Due to this jf17 has been shelled to so many countries. Even Malaysia will also use jf17 most probably seeing trade of China and Malaysia

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Most of African and Asian nation are under debt trap of China.
So china force them to buy their military products . Due to this jf17 has been shelled to so many countries. Even Malaysia will also use jf17 most probably seeing trade of China and Malaysia
Yeah but its china who gets the money not pakistan but the goat brain in PDF thinks they get the deal

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Esteemed fellow members do anybody knows what are the pakistani components in jf17 other than the toilet hinges
Electronics, I thought were produced locally
And the engineers who assemble Knock down kits shipped from China at PAC

Roland55

Country flag
If its a pakistani fighter then why are chinese going to argentina? 😂😂😂
As far as i know (at leas for the information given by Zona Militar, a formidable news site) the Chinese delegation in representation of CATIC came to check the argentine infrastructure that could be used to maintain the aircraft. The Argentine government is looking at the Bock III as its predecessors (Block I and II) have been discarded as they had problems regarding its supply line + the fact that the trainer wasn't ready at the time. I dont think argentina could get this aircraft, unless by some miracle the deal offered by the chinese is better than the one offered by the russians (today the Argentine Government asked for a price of 12 Mig-35s). In the end i expect they dont get the Jeff...

Tang

Country flag
As far as i know (at leas for the information given by Zona Militar, a formidable news site) the Chinese delegation in representation of CATIC came to check the argentine infrastructure that could be used to maintain the aircraft. The Argentine government is looking at the Bock III as its predecessors (Block I and II) have been discarded as they had problems regarding its supply line + the fact that the trainer wasn't ready at the time. I dont think argentina could get this aircraft, unless by some miracle the deal offered by the chinese is better than the one offered by the russians (today the Argentine Government asked for a price of 12 Mig-35s). In the end i expect they dont get the Jeff...
MK1A would be perfect for you.
But British components could be an issue

Tang

Country flag
I dream of having Mk.1A for the Air Force and naval version for the Navy (to replace the Super Etendards) but considering that the British could press HAL into cancelling the order...its a pain in the ass!
Does anybody have info regarding the British components in LCA?

Willy3

Country flag
as far as i know the materials for the airframe are british, the hydraulic valves and the radar radome are also british.
British components are minimal , what's important is that Engine is from GE .

I remember when the deal of FA 50 fighters for Argentina was almost done, British lobby activated in US and able to block engine export for jet's meant for Argentina.

Same stuff would happen Tejas too.

If you guys seriously interested to do something in Falkland then avoid Cheep products like JF 17 and try some Mig 29smt/Mig 35 from Russia, but best should be ground attack fighters like Su 24/25 .

But if you want some hanger queen just for protection sovereign airspace, deterrence patrol and CAP then JF 17 is good option.. but maintenance would be nightmare with RD 93 in core of the whole stuff.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The JF 17(FC-1) also uses a Martin Baker ejection seat so I believe even they’ll face difficulties unless China can provide an alternate. As I believe the Pakis rejected a Chinese alternative which was fitted on an other Chinese aircraft they had purchased and had to retrofit Martin Baker seats onto that particular aircraft.

Willy3

Country flag
I request elaboration
Dung Tran guy made a video based on a negative greek article about Jf 17 as expected, our western biradar came down in mass to shat on the comment section.

Since then he made multiple videos on JF 17 mocking it's capabilities, wonder is he pissed off or enjoying the reactionary traffic

Roland55

Country flag
British components are minimal , what's important is that Engine is from GE .

I remember when the deal of FA 50 fighters for Argentina was almost done, British lobby activated in US and able to block engine export for jet's meant for Argentina.

Same stuff would happen Tejas too.

If you guys seriously interested to do something in Falkland then avoid Cheep products like JF 17 and try some Mig 29smt/Mig 35 from Russia, but best should be ground attack fighters like Su 24/25 .

But if you want some hanger queen just for protection sovereign airspace, deterrence patrol and CAP then JF 17 is good option.. but maintenance would be nightmare with RD 93 in core of the whole stuff.
I believe there was no problem with the engine, the thing that killed the FA-50 Deal was that it had 6 important components that where made in Britain, things like the FBW computer, radar radome, valves and a few other things...

The big problem we see is that major components of the FA-50 couldn't be replaced, buying an certifying another Flight computer all for 12 aircraft was just a mess and couldn't be done, while things like the Seat or other minor components can be replaced. The Tejas could be a nice option, maybe even going as far to replace all the british components for Indian ones, but for now the MoD has the JF-17 and the Mig-35 as their main options, although im sure that they won't buy anything.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I believe there was no problem with the engine, the thing that killed the FA-50 Deal was that it had 6 important components that where made in Britain, things like the FBW computer, radar radome, valves and a few other things...

The big problem we see is that major components of the FA-50 couldn't be replaced, buying an certifying another Flight computer all for 12 aircraft was just a mess and couldn't be done, while things like the Seat or other minor components can be replaced. The Tejas could be a nice option, maybe even going as far to replace all the british components for Indian ones, but for now the MoD has the JF-17 and the Mig-35 as their main options, although im sure that they won't buy anything.
Mate, but the JF-17/FC-1s ejection seat is made by Martin Baker a British company (same company as in Tejas and FA 50), but I believe there is a Chinese alternative which the Pakis rejected because it had failed a few times in another chinese aircraft they had purchased, so they had to replace those too with Martin Baker seats.

Roland55

Country flag
Mate, but the JF-17/FC-1s ejection seat is made by Martin Baker(same company as in Tejas and FA 50), but I believe there is a Chinese alternative which the Pakis rejected because it had failed a few times in another chinese aircraft they had purchased, so they had to replace those too with Martin Baker seats.
Martin Baker Argentina could take care of that, if not Martin Baker Italy offered to help with it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles