JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It maybe true that he listens to left leaners.

But what is the way he should steer the US Foreign Policy?

He cannot attack either Iran or North Korea. No troops in the kitty or money for finance the wars.

Iraq and Afghanistan are still not successes inspite of good intentions.

The economy is improving and Wall St getting buoyant.

Therefore, if there was a right wing President, how would he have done it differently?

DaRk WaVe

Apparently Turks are showing interests in this 'blunder' ahem ahem
now don't tell me that Turks need Cheap A/Cs

Mr. Gul said the existing strategic partnership between Paksitan and Turkey provides an opportunity for joint ventures. He showed keen interest in Paksitan's JF-17 Thunder aircraft, which he was told, is a multi-role combat aircraft equipped with state of the art modern technology and is manufactured according to present day defence requirements.

Abdullah Gul for joint defence production projects between Pak- Turkey

Last edited:
Country flag
Why would Turkey make a stupid move like this especially when they are participating in F-35?? Unless USA and Israel want Turkey out of strategic projects???

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
good for the pakistani and turkey even the Israeli's want turkey to have this thunderblunder fighter.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Apparently Turks are showing interests in this 'blunder' ahem ahem
now don't tell me that Turks need Cheap A/Cs
There is nothing in that PAKISTANI article that said Turkey has any interest in acquiring the Thunder Blunder. They told the Turkish president a bunch of lies about outdated technology and he nodded politely.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The path Turkey is on, it may well have to scout for cheap Chinese wares instead of the state of the art stuff its used to right now.

DaRk WaVe

Why would Turkey make a stupid move like this especially when they are participating in F-35?? Unless USA and Israel want Turkey out of strategic projects???
why would they be kicked out of F-35 Project, They have paid for it & if i am not wrong the composites on F-35 are Turkish made
may be turks are stupid, they must have asked Indians about before issuing such statements

good for the pakistani and turkey even the Israeli's want turkey to have this thunderblunder fighter.
they also want Turks to buy Israeli weapons, strange huh?

There is nothing in that PAKISTANI article that said Turkey has any interest in acquiring the Thunder Blunder. They told the Turkish president a bunch of lies about outdated technology and he nodded politely.
Read it again or just use Google translator & translate it in French, Funny you don't even Trust APP

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Just a reminder, we dont entertain flaming and trolling. I just sense we may start here. so guys be careful.

Country flag
why would they be kicked out of F-35 Project, They have paid for it & if i am not wrong the composites on F-35 are Turkish made
may be turks are stupid, they must have asked Indians about before issuing such statements
Just because they paid does not mean they will remain in the project USA can kick them out of the project or NATO if they choose. They don't need to ask indians anything when they have pakistanis convincing them about the piece of junk j-17, if they go for j-17 in any form they will be guaranteed out of f-35 project even if they financed it 100%

http://blogsforvictory.com/2010/06/08/kick-turkey-out-of-nato/

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/09/mike-pence-warns-turkey-america-will-stand-with-israel/

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
With the russian engine issue not resolve and Chines engine has taxied, it will be long before Turkey will commit to this fighter, BTW it has very strange history........lets see if this fighter will fly into history or dive into museum as jf....

DaRk WaVe

Just because they paid does not mean they will remain in the project USA can kick them out of the project or NATO if they choose. They don't need to ask indians anything when they have pakistanis convincing them about the piece of junk j-17, if they go for j-17 in any form they will be guaranteed out of f-35 project even if they financed it 100%
Explain to me how you have reached this conclusion, Participating in another project in no way means Turks will be kicked out F-35 project

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
LF,why would Turkey be kicked out of the F-35 program if they chose to buy the JF-17? I dont see the link. Two different class of people. Turkey would be happy to use them against the Kurds or some low level AF rather than use the F-35 as an overkill.
I would imagine that the NATO would be happy to see the JF-17 in their ranks to gauge the fighter and may be use it for target practice in the future. May be send one to Top Gun for training.

Country flag
Explain to me how you have reached this conclusion, Participating in another project in no way means Turks will be kicked out F-35 project

Turkey is a level 3 partner in F-35 nothing major their role is minor. Turkey should be more worried about staying in NATO in the future not just this project. Check links above. Israelis have already cut Turkey out of their projects and they are pushing for USA to do the same.

Last edited:
Country flag
LF,why would Turkey be kicked out of the F-35 program if they chose to buy the JF-17? I dont see the link. Two different class of people. Turkey would be happy to use them against the Kurds or some low level AF rather than use the F-35 as an overkill.
I would imagine that the NATO would be happy to see the JF-17 in their ranks to gauge the fighter and may be use it for target practice in the future. May be send one to Top Gun for training.

Yusuf Turkey has shocked Obama by voting against Iran sanctions, how does USA know the opposite won't happen and China and Russia get their hand on F-35????

DaRk WaVe

[video]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/F-35_potential_purchasers.PNG/800px-F-35_potential_purchasers.PNG[/video]

Turkey is a level 3 partner in F-35 nothing major their role is minor. Turkey should be more worried about staying in NATO in the future not just this project. Check links above. Israelis have already cut Turkey out of their projects and they are pushing for USA to do the same.
what kind of flawed Logic is that, How is Turkish NATO fiasco & its kicking out from F-35 Project is related to buying of JF-17, are you all right?

they will buy JF-17 & they will be kicked out of F-35 Project & future Projects? WTH!!

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
LF, that is a policy call and not one based on what Turkey buys from another country. Buying of JF-17 will not be the reason why the US bars the F-35 to turkey. If at all it happens, it will be because of policies of Turkey that go against western interests.

Country flag
what kind of flawed Logic is that, How is Turkish NATO fiasco & its kicking out from F-35 Project is related to buying of JF-17, are you all right?

they will but JF-17 & they will be kicked out of F-35 Project & future Projects?
This won't be the main reason but here are some reasons:

Turkish vote against Iranian sanctions
Turkish-israeli relations
Turkish purchase of S-400 from Russia
Turkish possible future recognition of Hamas/hezbollah
No use of Turkish airspace by USA or Israel

These are some reasons above, and as far as NATO policy goes all weapons should be more or less standardized for all NATO nations. Turkey was one of the first Islamic countries to recognize Israel but they have went to the other extreme in the present, if USA has to choose between Turkey and Israel they will choose Israel. This is the pressure that the jewish lobbies in USA are putting on Obama currently.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/news_detail.php?id=60180

http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/2010/06/will-turkeys-blockade-running-mean.html

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/theslant/blog/2010/06/_my_israeli_cousin_sergio.html

Last edited:

DaRk WaVe

This won't be the main reason but here are some reasons:

Turkish vote against Iranian sanctions=
Turkish-israeli relations
Turkish purchase of S-400 from Russia
Turkish possible future recognition of Hamas/hezbollah
No use of Turkish airspace by USA or Israel

These are some reasons above, and as far as NATO policy goes all weapons should be more or less standardized for all NATO nations.
I fail to understand HOW these points are in any way comparable to what just said i.e. buying of JF-17 will mean that Turks will be kicked out of F-35 Project :emot15:

You have got nothing substantial to support your absurd assumption

Country flag
Along with the anti -western points i mentioned the reason is simple J-17 is not a NATO warplane and all NATO members have to use NATO standarized warplanes, no NATO nations question this policy if Turkey wants to be the first I wonder what the view by other NATO members will be????

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Read it again or just use Google translator & translate it in French, Funny you don't even Trust APP
Why would I trust a Pakistani state run news organisation? It is APP, no affiliation to AP or AFP. That is the same organisation that declared victory in Swat when the Taliban was taking it over. I surely won't trust their interpretation of Gull's reaction to hearing about a lame duck fighter as an actual interest in purchasing it. Pakistan doesn't even want it in the current configuration. Why do you think they were begging us for avionics and missiles?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles