JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

sthf

Country flag
Very soon J-17 Thunder to be powered by Chinese WS-13 engine as well as Chinese improving KLJ radar. I saw in PDF forum and discussing is go on.
As far I know WS-13 is a non starter. Neither JF-17 nor J-31 is to enter Chini service. They are not going to waste resources on export projects.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Malaysia is Muslim majority country, what else people here didn't notice is the formation of an all Islamic military alliance. Malaysia may very well buy it because ... oh well in the name of Islam and If I am correct 50 Mill dollar per piece ... that's a steal price, now why would Malaysia won't buy it.

If Malaysia get's the JF17 Blunders.... I am afraid it would start a sell chain reaction within Muslim nations.

PS: I've no hate for Muslims, I am just trying to paint a big picture.
JF-17 is a green painted pork manchurian...............but I get the illusion being sold to OIC types.

PDF is also discussing about this:::
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
They were once discussing the possibility of JF-17 launching satellites into space from centreline pylons.......And no I am not joking.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Tejas MK 1A will be more advanced than J-17 Thunder block 3 and with Derby beyond visual range of 100 km and Astra missile range with more than 80 km it can not only shoot down the J-17 Thunder but also J-20 fighter aircraft.:biggrin2::bounce::india:
The Mk1 is always on tests...
MK1A need a lot of time before FOC. Of Indian time, so.... Pak and China will already have put in service J17 block 4 or 5...

Rahul Singh

Country flag
The Mk1 is always on tests...
MK1A need a lot of time before FOC. Of Indian time, so.... Pak and China will already have put in service J17 block 4 or 5...
Do you think a fighter with Mig 21 technology and one with Mirage 2000 plus technology will have same test points consequently the number of test flights and overall development period?

Even so, when Tejas MK-1 entered service in 2016 it had LDP + LGB and HMSD which JF-17 will supposedly get at block 3 level.

Minus AESA Tejas MK-1 IOC beats JF-17 block 3. Do compare their specifications. For starter, JF-17 does not have full spectrum FBW control which Tejas has since its TDs flew as LCA in 2001.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Malaysia is Muslim majority country, what else people here didn't notice is the formation of an all Islamic military alliance. Malaysia may very well buy it because ... oh well in the name of Islam and If I am correct 50 Mill dollar per piece ... that's a steal price, now why would Malaysia won't buy it.

If Malaysia get's the JF17 Blunders.... I am afraid it would start a sell chain reaction within Muslim nations.

PS: I've no hate for Muslims, I am just trying to paint a big picture.
If Malaysia is going Muslim they should probably start with something smaller than fighter jets wouldn't you think? They are one of the biggest French client states for armaments and the only thing holding them off was the palm oil, now that is resolved the news of the day is new contracts for France.

DSA 2018: Nexter to provide 18 105 mm LG1 artillery systems to Malaysian Army

http://www.janes.com/article/79410/...05-mm-lg1-artillery-systems-to-malaysian-army

Sancho

Malaysia is not so poor to buy this piece of Junk

They can afford MIG 29s
They have Mig 29s and want to get rid of them, because of high maintenance costs. Initially they wanted western fighters but now don't have the money and cancelled their tender. The last reports were about 2nd hand Hornets, but if the costs and political proposal fits, new JF17s can be a solution too. Let's see.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Malaysia is not looking at bunder due to muslim nonsense , its purely cost driven.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Do you think a fighter with Mig 21 technology and one with Mirage 2000 plus technology will have same test points consequently the number of test flights and overall development period?
JF17 : on mig 21 basis? Yes. and? Mig21 was a very potent plane, and it's wings arrangement is also near those of F16 (or Mirage F1) !!! not so bad.

Tejas near Mirage 2000? not really = Air intakes totally different (like a FA18), cranked delta wings never used by Dassault (more like SAAB Viggen). only the vertical tail is Dassault like. => It's a melting pot of some 1970 planes.

The final result : one is FOC and not the other. Sorry, it's sad, but it's true.

undeadmyrmidon

JF17 : on mig 21 basis? Yes. and? Mig21 was a very potent plane, and it's wings arrangement is also near those of F16 (or Mirage F1) !!! not so bad.

Tejas near Mirage 2000? not really = Air intakes totally different (like a FA18), cranked delta wings never used by Dassault (more like SAAB Viggen). only the vertical tail is Dassault like. => It's a melting pot of some 1970 planes.

The final result : one is FOC and not the other. Sorry, it's sad, but it's true.
Texas in its current configuration clearly outperforms JF 17 in all parameters. This includes HMDS, TWR, FCS, FLIR, DFBW, ITR, etc

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles