JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

amoy

Illusive

Country flag
this sums up your mentality and level of thinking and i see no point in arguing any of your trolls. You guys suffer pakistan phobia and need a reality check big time.

in the mean time, in Qatar...

So how many jets Qatar seems to be interested in. More importantly why pakistan seems to be so invested in pushing the sale of this jet, is this because China won't be pouring more money into this project in the future since its not buying it.

I think upgrading this plane would jack up the costs and nullify the reason this plane was made for in the first place. So why would anyone buy this when they have Russian Mig29 and American F16 in this category.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Not to forget the pathetic take off with a slow climb. It took off like a passenger plane. :rofl:
Only if it was climbing (just after take off) . Which in this case is 'not'. It took off using very short stretch of runway (demonstrating short take off capability), keeping climb rate to minimum, flying low and close to runway, building up speed on the way and pulled up into vertical.

BTW Short take off capability is considered a 'game changer' not 'pathetic', if you understand aviation, specially fighter aviation.

Nothing compared to JF-17 which went vertical seconds after the take off and pulled 8g without retracting the gear. :)
that was quite disheartening actually and shows the pilot dont have confidence in their aircraft. Surprisingly, in the second display. the aircraft took more time to go vertical and dropped almost dead straight without showing its agility which is another giveaway that the pilot has little faith in its control surfaces.

more in coming post
For one, i can say JF-17 took off in 17-18 seconds(awfully longer than what Tejas took) maintained level for second or two, pulled up into vertical but almost immediately applied left rudder and left Vertical Charlie, all in no more than 4 seconds (Tejas maintained for about 9-10 seconds). Narrating this i might say Oh lord, what shitty TWR Thunder has that it's pilot had to left Vertical Carlie in just couple seconds fearing eminent stall !........ But then i would have to be a naive to say that completely ignoring the fact that what Commodore J.A. Maolanker and SQ Ldr. Zeenshan was displaying with their respective jets was 'Quick Reversal' (180 degree) with maneuvers like 'short take-off', 'quick climb' 'roll over' and 'turn' for executing 180 degree reversal, Most importantly doing it in their very own way.

Now you may like comparing oranges with grape fruit. But then that's your problem.

Do!

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
China and Qatar are strategic partners -
GCC and China decide to speed up free trade talks
Qatar to become first Middle East clearing hub for China's yuan

Defence deals are never sheerly technical, but also political. When India buys from Rafael or Lockheed Martin, it's like paying for multiple insurance policies.
Well, we have very good relations with Qatar too.
But you didn't reply the question which I asked you actually.
@amoy brother, can you tell me what is JF-17X? A paki have been dancing in front of me for 2 years in comment section of YouTube videos that how it will shoot down Indian future AMCA and FGFA with alien technology.
Does something like this exists and is that as superior as that fanboy claims, brother? Or project existed in past and killed by FC-31.
:biggrin2:

Neo

Le Bourget has a ceiling restriction of 4000ft genius, JF-17 would have crossed it if it sustained vertical flight.

Do your homework before posting fanboy.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
@Dazzler Since you have used used statements like Pilot's lack of confidence in Tejas and lack of praise for Tejas so often. I don't consider its worth it to go and quote all those posts of yours. Just posting a piece from open media. Indulge!

LINK Tejas test pilots maintain the fighter is more versatile than the MiG-29 (primarily built for air-to-air combat); the MiG-27 and the Jaguar (both oriented to ground strike); and all variants of the MiG-21, including the multi-role BISON, which the Indian fighter comprehensively outclasses. They say it can take on the Pakistan Air Force’s early F-16 variants and outclass the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 Thunder

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Le Bourget has a ceiling restriction of 4000ft genius, JF-17 would have crossed it if it sustained vertical flight.

Do your homework before posting fanboy.
It seems you have comprehension issues. Just read my reply again......BTW does 4000 ft looks this less to you. Nice try.

For one, i can say JF-17 took off in 17-18 seconds(awfully longer than what Tejas took) maintained level for second or two, pulled up into vertical but almost immediately applied left rudder and left Vertical Charlie, all in no more than 4 seconds (Tejas maintained for about 9-10 seconds). Narrating this i might say Oh lord, what shitty TWR Thunder has that it's pilot had to left Vertical Carlie in just couple seconds fearing eminent stall !........

But then i would have to be a naive to say that completely ignoring the fact that what Commodore J.A. Maolanker and SQ Ldr. Zeenshan was displaying with their respective jets was 'Quick Reversal' (180 degree) with maneuvers like 'short take-off', 'quick climb' 'roll over' and 'turn' for executing 180 degree reversal, Most importantly doing it in their very own way.

Now you may like comparing oranges with grape fruit. But then that's your problem.

tsunami

Country flag
Bunder took 18 sec to take off. At 19 sec fighter started it's vertical climb. At 21 sec fighter looses it's angle of climb because Pilot just realized that fighter will fall. But still fighter was going up for 6-7 seconds more to come. And here Porkis says that it didn't climb further because there was 4000ft restriction.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
The IAF knows it and as a professional outfit, admits the reality! unlike many members on this and other forums..

Yeah, btw they also say this.

Tejas test pilots maintain the fighter is more versatile than the MiG-29 (primarily built for air-to-air combat); the MiG-27 and the Jaguar (both oriented to ground strike); and all variants of the MiG-21, including the multi-role BISON, which the Indian fighter comprehensively outclasses. They say it can take on the Pakistan Air Force’s early F-16 variants and outclass the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 Thunder

[link=[URL='http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2015/07/will-tejas-get-foreign-help-all.html[/link]']http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2015/07/will-tejas-get-foreign-help-all.html]LINK[/link][/URL]

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Yeah, btw they also say this.

Tejas test pilots maintain the fighter is more versatile than the MiG-29 (primarily built for air-to-air combat); the MiG-27 and the Jaguar (both oriented to ground strike); and all variants of the MiG-21, including the multi-role BISON, which the Indian fighter comprehensively outclasses. They say it can take on the Pakistan Air Force’s early F-16 variants and outclass the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 Thunder

[link=[URL='http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2015/07/will-tejas-get-foreign-help-all.html[/link]']http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2015/07/will-tejas-get-foreign-help-all.html]LINK[/link][/URL]
Alan warnes is PAF stooge tell me why would he ask about junk fighter in an airshow where porki airforces withdraw so called best fighter after paying 500000 $ fearing it would be compared to superior tejas ,this guy is paid buy PAF just look at his previous tweets,biryani can do wonder's @Indx TechStyle

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Man, doing so should not stress the airframe and will not break the 8G mark as claimed by many in this forum. Talking about 8G, the LCA didnt even touch 7G in this display. in fact, the first day display was better than the second in terms of transition from one maneuver to another but still it didnt touch 7G at any stage.

the slow speed pass was also strictly controlled with the pilot reluctant to pull the stick further to touch the 24 degree angle which again indicates a cautious approach. All of this is understandable from a plane that is still being tested but here we have fanboys making what not of their plane and abusing the thunder which is in service and has achieved several feats to date.

Tell this to your buddies.
Wo wo wo.....Very first maneuver the Vertical Charlie Tejas did was at 8 g even commentator mentioned 8g...Then four 8g turn at corner of square loop....and just before it entered landing profile - on base leg- reversal it did was high g turn possibly 8 g and beyond.

As for AoA... Yes it pulled 22 degree AoA....But it has nothing to do with confidence or lack of it....Tejas is full spectrum Fly By Wire jet and software needs to be updated for allowing such maneuver. And any update to FCS needs to be certified at test rigs before going into aircraft. And it takes a lot lot of time. In past Tejas had pulled upto 26* may be 28* and at BIAS Tejas was on a aerobatic display not any test flight. There is great difference between a jet which is full spectrum FBW controlled and one with partial. Amout of time former consumes is where difference is great.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Wow great,this fellow could predict the RCS of JFT by simply 'looking at its airframe',Now he is calculating the g load by watching a video.

God save the 'land of pure' :rofl:
They started manufacturing FC-1 under pseudonym JF-17 (something we started doing 5 decades back with Folland Gnat follwed by Mig-21 series, Jaguar and now Su-30 MKI) and yet they think they are ahead of us.

But then that's trademark of pure-land....It brings no wonder that they can do RCS, g load and AoA measurement just by looking at it. Pure-landians!!!!

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Thank god they used smokewinders to make it look impressive. :laugh:
Actually smokewinders are used to keep track of this nimble jet.....eversince it started turning tight, use of smokewinders became imperative because from ground it is very hard to keep track even at low altitudes. That's one small silhouette - a dog fight plus if i may.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Chinese jet in Pakistani hands makes them jump like monkey. How small their self respect is!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles