Japan casts shadow on China's bullet train ambition with India

ladder

Country flag
Ok, 18 crore of Indian Muslims would be happy to take Chinese trains on Hajj pilgrimage after your Govt subsidizes their flight to Saudi.

And it so happens that China did complete that for Turkey - China firm builds high-speed railway in Turkey- China.org.cn :thumb: If Turkey does wanna save muslims fm Chinese oppression we'd be obliged to help!

As a matter of fact India shall just keep Nigerian mode of rail that's more applicable for 3rd countries rather than the white elephant bullets.
Numbers isn't Ming dynasty forte, we all know. Don't be ashamed. :p

I am not talking about project in Turkey, but Project to Turkey.(From China) ( Comprehension is also not a forte of the decedents of the great dynasty.)

Also, why did this happen? China Rebukes Turkey Over Uighur Refugees

You should confide with your supervisor if you aren't briefed on some topic. Not towing CCP line might prove costly for you.

Nigeria's mode? Don't pull standards out of the orifice where Sun doesn't shine.

Well there is a saying that an elephant is worth a million even in it's death. ( Being Chinese you would know well. No? Here. Chinese Officials 'Went On Illegal Ivory Buying Sprees' That Sent Price Soaring | Business Insider India )

But, we don't want a giant panda system. Just to showcase our capability.

And, hopefully those official from China who are preparing the DPP for India for No cost No commitment scheme should meet you, as the realization which you got is not yet dawn on them.

You as a patriot should make efforts to reach out and convince them not to get into the making DPP as outcome (acc. to you will be zero). Though China is richer (and considers itself slightly ahead of 3rd world countries) you still have millions of poor so every penny counts.

Last edited:

amoy

Millions of thanks to @ladder for flattering me as a patriot :lol: though on a wrong ladder to assume me not getting your Turkey. In Turkey From Turkey :rofl: in the end it's prepared for thanksgiving.

Yeah I was briefed by my "supervisors" of the DPP for India for No cost No commitment scheme. A breakthrough in a 3rd world country is never easy. I can understand the commercial decision of the bidder to waive the cost for Indians. Being patriotic I'd rather ask the Chinese firm not to run for the project for peanuts. But u know, biz is biz esp. in a cut-throat competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I would advise against it, although Chinese stuff it at half price. Guaranteed it is not durable.

Remember that incident in Pakistani Railways, when they bought about 100 locomotives from China. On arrival in Pakistan 90% did not work. Only three or four plied on Pakistani commercial routes.

Hence asking for Chinese participation in this huge corridor is full of risk. China is still a maker of consumer goods . Their industrial capability to deliver huge durable industrial goods free of defects is still in doubt.
besides giving the tender to the Japanese , we should tie it in and
require that to get the bullet train deal the Japs should also commit IN WRITING
to help us build roads at arunachal border areas ( which they have so far considered as "a disputed
area " )

otherwise please forget about the bullet train tender .

make it clear to any country that plays that double game - that they please forget about any tenders
in such cases that they refuse, we will manage the project and buy material from multiple sources

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
Millions of thanks to @ladder for flattering me as a patriot :lol: though on a wrong ladder to assume me not getting your Turkey. In Turkey From Turkey :rofl: in the end it's prepared for thanksgiving.

Yeah I was briefed by my "supervisors" of the DPP for India for No cost No commitment scheme. A breakthrough in a 3rd world country is never easy. I can understand the commercial decision of the bidder to waive the cost for Indians. Being patriotic I'd rather ask the Chinese firm not to run for the project for peanuts. But u know, biz is biz esp. in a cut-throat competition.

If ever I buy a turkey farm I would hire a vegan person to man it. Also, 2 turkeys are granted Presidential pardon. And the Turkey that is in NATO? Definitely.

Hope you are not counting your turkeys before they are on the plate. Otherwise China May Lose Turkish Missile Defense Contract | The Diplomat

Hopefully you aren't preparing your turkey with Mexican sauce as Mexico scraps $3.75B China rail deal ahead of state visit

=============

Definitely competition is harsh. Why get into it when you know it will not materialise.

As a matter of fact India shall just keep Nigerian mode of rail that's more applicable for 3rd countries rather than the white elephant bullets.
Who said this?

Again Indian Judicial system is notorious. If India defaults payments ( 3rd world countries can, China being one, wouldn't be oblivious of the fact.) to get them might be decades.

When you have futuristic vision to have concluded as the quoted text. Why not you give the good advise to you compatriots?

Why do you fear? They may reject your statement, saying 'these decisions are taken well above your pay grade'?

PS
You might have got the ladder( right or wrong???), but don't let the snakes to get you in turn. #Snake&Ladder-game. :lol:

Ashutosh Lokhande

No chinese goods plz. they are like "raste ka maal saste me"
ive been using chinese mobile (lenovo) and it sucks big time. it has lot of software as well as hardware(touch) issues.

Last edited:

amoy

We're good with Mexicans, and Mexico will pay Chinese firm compensation for cancelled high-speed rail bid | South China Morning Post

How notorious is Indian Judicial system? @ladder Even worse than Mexican? Regrettably I am not yet paid to give my advice and what I can tell to my compatriots is brace themselves to take up railway's burden, send forth the best of their breed.

Have Japanese had any field experience in designing / building a railway in those exotic 3rd or 2nd-world lands, Nigeria, Turkey, or Iran? Not to my knowledge at least.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Businessmen around the world are not really known for their ethics, are they?

Have you not experienced the same in China, a country where the law is draconian and the justice system swift and Govt decided?

Life is cheapest in China.

remember that chap who was tasked to oversee the Hispeed rail?

Liu Zhijun was his name if I am not mistaken.

2008 train collision in Shandong? Collision in Hunan? Wenzhou train collision? And the cause as per the Chinese Govt? The Govt acknowledged and blamed the disasters on "serious design flaws", "a neglect of safety management", and flaws in the bidding and testing processes used to acquire materials.

Life is real cheap in China.

Cultural Revolution, Tienanmen Square and the list goes on.

so, please don't grandstand. Your feet are made of clay.

Before you let yourself on wings of fantasy, remember the Chinese proverb
三思而后行
Measure thrice, cut once.
or in English: One should always act only after due consideration. A hasty action may involve an improper consideration of important aspects.
lectures about railway safety records by Indian? that is the worst kind of lecture people could ever get.

train accidents in India are as common as open defecations in this country. more people are killed like animals by trains in India than elsewhere, and no one gives a damn.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

nimo_cn

Country flag
I remember the old days around 2009 when our Indian fellows dismissed Chinese hsr as useless white elephant. guess what? now they are embracing the white elephant.

I like being a frequent visitor of this forum, it wont take long for me to see Indian posters' words bite their own ass.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
lectures about railway safety records by Indian? that is the worst kind of lecture people could ever get.

train accidents in India are as common as open defecations in this country. more people are killed like animals by trains in India than elsewhere, and no one gives a damn.

If only you had not lumped into the discussion, after a long slumber, you would understand what was going on and what the reply was all about.

Don't be a disoriented Jumping Jack.

Sameet Pattnaik

the 1st world , 2nd world and the third concept are of western countries and your country is in too!

brational

Country flag
No chinese goods plz. they are like "raste ka maal saste me"
ive been using chinese mobile (lenovo) and it sucks big time. it has lot of software as well as hardware(touch) issues.
I thought Lenovo was a quality brand, thanks for the valuable info..

Sameet Pattnaik

the lecture came from the countrymen of notoriously famous in the world for imitating things like anything !

Reactions: Ray

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles