J20 Stealth Fighter

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Interesting, you said western world is no.1, Russia will be always leading ... before you said so i didn't talk anything about racial in this thread, i appreciate your contribution here, but i just felt strange for some of your wester centric mindset. I said strange not angry... Since i felt you are not "that western" ...

Hope it clarify my thoughts.
I am not racist, very likely if we meet we could even be friends, we are just talking about J-20 and understand politics will come to mind and rumours of war will heat up the mood, I live with Asians and I know some are really great people, I am western since I was born in the western hemisphere, just consider J-20 or an ICBM or H-20 are weapons that threat us even to Mexico because you should know many mexicans are USA navy or Army and many live in the USA.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Who told you China want to rule the world, China is just trying to build the capabilities on the same level of US and Russia. It's same level, not the leading position, we are trying to keep the same generation on technics with them, on some area China might be no.1, some just need to be among top 5 ...
Comrade , you build capabilities on par with them , you rule the world.
Nice way of deflecting things eh

johnq

Comrade , you build capabilities on par with them , you rule the world.
Nice way of deflecting things eh
US had far superior weapons compared to their adversaries, and still got pushed out after being in places where they did not belong. Chinese Communist Party will also learn this lesson the hard way; and their weapons like J-20 don't work that great either.
PS, your moving cat icon is freaking me out. :pound:

rockdog

Country flag
I am not racist, very likely if we meet we could even be friends, we are just talking about J-20 and understand politics will come to mind and rumours of war will heat up the mood, I live with Asians and I know some are really great people, I am western since I was born in the western hemisphere, just consider J-20 or an ICBM or H-20 are weapons that threat us even to Mexico because you should know many mexicans are USA navy or Army and many live in the USA.
Always repect professionals on engineering, especially those old school style like you, ^_^ ; but now young generations from western like to be laywer, financial broker ... the golen time of enginer in western world just passed away...

When you feel threat on J-20, ICBM, H-20, have you ever consider there are 100+ US military bases and 1000+ N warheads just 500km away from our eastern coastal line...

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
US had far superior weapons compared to their adversaries, and still got pushed out after being in places where they did not belong. Chinese Communist Party will also learn this lesson the hard way; and their weapons like J-20 don't work that great either.
PS, your moving cat icon is freaking me out. :pound:
It is exercising

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Always repect professionals on engineering, especially those old school style like you, ^_^ ; but now young generations from western like to be laywer, financial broker ... the golen time of enginer in western world just passed away...

When you feel threat on J-20, ICBM, H-20, have you ever consider there are 100+ US military bases and 1000+ N warheads just 500km away from our eastern coastal line...
Actually this will sound crazy to you, I am christian, where ever are american troops, I am defended, in Asia american people have defended my rights, I am for peace really, but when I see China persecuting Christians or violating human rights, really I prefer the USA.

I like Asia, India too, but they are democracy and I do not see them claiming land here and there, but I see the CCP threating world peace, the Americans are a world power stablished, they like the things as they are, China is an emerging power. it means like Germany in 1914 can lead to war or conflict.

J-20 is a weapon even used to threat India, So saddly no for me the CCP does not represent me.

The americans in many ways have bad things too, but China seems worse with the CCP using J-20 to threat its neighbours, having border disputes or trying to control the sea, most countries see the USA as keeping order and the CCP as a distibiling force.

The americans are for me the lesser of two evils as political system.

So yes I prefer F-22 or F-35 but in reality war is stupid

johnq

That is after the Chinese Communist party (CCP) illegally extended its coastline so far out that it took over other countries' coastlines. :pound:
It is due to CCP's own stupidity, ridiculous imperialistic designs and greed that so many other countries feel threatened by the CCP that they are welcoming the US in their back yards. For all the talk of Sun Tzu, CCP's strategic moves are actually childish and stupid in the long term.

rockdog

Country flag
Actually this will sound crazy to you, I am christian, where ever are american troops, I am defended, in Asia american people have defended my rights, I am for peace really, but when I see China persecuting Christians or violating human rights, really I prefer the USA.

I like Asia, India too, but they are democracy and I do not see them claiming land here and there, but I see the CCP threating world peace, the Americans are a world power stablished, they like the things as they are, China is an emerging power. it means like Germany in 1914 can lead to war or conflict.

J-20 is a weapon even used to threat India, So saddly no for me the CCP does not represent me.

The americans in many ways have bad things too, but China seems worse with the CCP using J-20 to threat its neighbours, having border disputes or trying to control the sea, most countries see the USA as keeping order and the CCP as a distibiling force.

The americans are for me the lesser of two evils as political system.

So yes I prefer F-22 or F-35 but in reality war is stupid
I studied Bible for 4 yrs, but not converted, it's a good chance to understand western culture. I won't discuss religon here, it will be endless.

The intresting thing is, the last war China had is 1991, the final bullet shot between us and Vietnam. so China didn't have war with any nation for 30 yrs, but USA had countless war till now.

Maybe in the end of day, we will know China is Germany 1914 version, or USA as USSR 1991 version.

United States follows Soviet Union’s path — Putin

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I studied Bible for 4 yrs, but not converted, it's a good chance to understand western culture. I won't discuss religon here, it will be endless.

The intresting thing is, the last war China had is 1991, the final bullet shot between us and Vietnam. so China didn't have war with any nation for 30 yrs, but USA had countless war till now.

Maybe in the end of day, we will know China is Germany 1914 version, or USA as USSR 1991 version.

let us stick to the thread main theme, J-20.

J-20 is supposedly an air superiority

This is an early concept of the American 6th generation fighter

1623834139386.png

this jet supposedly it has fown and is in tests.

1623834255907.png

European concept.

These aircraft show V tails and tailess concepts.

Basically to keep China contained they are developing those jets, why? simply any military advantage will lead to China to try to grab land or sea territories, politics is like that

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

What , i took four months comrade.
Iam a hindu , didn't become christian. Our gods and religion is oldest why would I convert but comrade , western society is today nothing like bible.

rockdog

Country flag
New batch of j20 in service
After a year, PL Air Force announced the formation of the second J-20 brigade. In addition, it also announced that the J-20 has already installed many heroic units of the People’s Air Force. This shows that the production of the J-20 has entered a fast track and entered a period of full-speed production.

Under normal circumstances, the number of fighters in an aviation brigade is more than 30. If calculated according to the full number, the number of J-20s in the two aviation brigades is more than 70, plus the J-20s equipped by other units. Including trial training and flight training units, the overall number of Air Force J-20 may be around 100.

johnq

It's one thing to merge several time-lapsed frames of the same 5 aircraft into one picture to make it look like a lot more aircraft are there for propaganda purposes; or to showcase prototypes that do some showboating at sea level for propaganda purposes; or to overstate the numbers of aircraft operational for propaganda purposes; it's quite another to successfully operate aircraft during a war with repeated sorties when the engines are unreliable (need changing frequently) and weak, the coating on the aircraft can't withstand the harsh conditions and doesn't work very well, the sensors are outdated and weak (don't work beyond reduced ranges and break down, etc). But that is what happens when everything you have is based on technologies stolen from others and based on partial knowledge.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
After a year, PL Air Force announced the formation of the second J-20 brigade. In addition, it also announced that the J-20 has already installed many heroic units of the People’s Air Force. This shows that the production of the J-20 has entered a fast track and entered a period of full-speed production.

Under normal circumstances, the number of fighters in an aviation brigade is more than 30. If calculated according to the full number, the number of J-20s in the two aviation brigades is more than 70, plus the J-20s equipped by other units. Including trial training and flight training units, the overall number of Air Force J-20 may be around 100.
over optimistic in my opinion very likely they have made around 50 or 60, they do not make 30 aircraft in one year, a second brigade is very likely a 10 aircraft a year and that is over optimistic.

rockdog

Country flag
over optimistic in my opinion very likely they have made around 50 or 60, they do not make 30 aircraft in one year, a second brigade is very likely a 10 aircraft a year and that is over optimistic.
2016 News:
It says the 2nd production line is running.

2018 News :

It says the 3nd production line is just finnished.

2020 News:
It says around 60 fighters in service now (excludes training center), and there are 3 production lines in full speed. And J20B is on the way.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
2016 News:
It says the 2nd production line is running.

2018 News :
It says the 3nd production line is just finnished.

2020 News:
It says around 60 fighters in service now (excludes training center), and there are 3 production lines in full speed. And J20B is on the way.
who knows, but i doubt their current version is very good, F-35 was flown in 2000, YF-22 in 1990 and F-22 in 1997, it takes at least 15 years to fly a 5th generation aircraft into production, i doubt J-20 solved all the avionics troubles, F-35 barely has done it, and its engines are years away, basically it flies on engines which are uneconomical and of previous generatio, so even if they have built 60 are variants without true really effective 5th generation features.

Pretty much it yields to 4th generation aircraft, and at some sense it is not much better to Rafale or Su-35, very likely ieven inferior in some areas since they boasted it was so good never they were going to buy Su-35 but they did

johnq

For Hindi-speaking viewers:
Chinese J-20 India के Rafale या SU-30MKI का सामना नही कर सकता
If an incident happened between India and China over the complex terrain of the Himalayas, Military experts wonder whether China would deploy its J-20 stealth fighter, to counteract the most dangerous aircraft from India Rafales and the Su-30 MKI? China’s J-20 stealth fighter, which is believed to have undergone numerous tests in the mountains of Tibet, where the country’s Daocheng Yading (DCY) airport is located; This airport is located at the highest altitude in the world. It would also be the perfect place for the J-20 to experiment with high-altitude terrain. But according to Chinese media SOHU J-20 having problem in High altitude to operate. As the fifth-generation stealth fighter, the J-20 needs to demonstrate reliability in highland terrain. The plateau’s intricate topography and erratic weather at such altitudes pose unimaginable challenges to any type of aircraft. The air at higher altitudes is very thin and the fighter needs a lot of oxygen in order for the engine to burn according to its design, and not all aircraft can work well in such an environment. These are the challenges facing the Chinese J-20. That’s why Indian air force paid more for Rafale aircraft so it can work properly in high altitude area like Himalaya anD Ladakh region. Another bad news for the Chinese J-20 is that the PLA’s air bases are often located at a greater distance than the disputed line of control (LAC); this means that the Chinese fighters will have very little fuel to engage with the Indian aircraft. According to experts, China’s stealth fighter pilots have no combat experience and have not participated in any. there are few details about the J-20’s capabilities in the public domain; if so, only some one-way information, exaggerated by the Chinese press. In the event of a confrontation with the Indian Air Force, China will likely use Russia’s Su-35, Su-30MKK multi-role attack fighter, or the J-16, J-11 and J-10C broadcast. development in the country. J-7, J-8 and JH-7 will not be deployed to the front line, due to range restrictions along the LAC. In contrast, the Rafales that India is equipped with has gone through real combat many times; with a maximum ceiling of 15km, they can perform exceptionally well at high altitudes. The Rafales possesses superior maneuverability than the Su-35 in a close-range dogfight and is capable of flying at supersonic speeds with less fuel consumption, far superior to fighter jets. China’s J-10, J-11 and Su-27. The presence of the Meteor out-of-sight missile, which uses dual-pulse, radar-guided jet engines, gives the Rafale an edge over most Chinese fighters. The Meteor air-to-air missile has an estimated range of 120-160 km. Indian Air Force former Chief Dhanoa recently said that the Chinese Air Force is using imported Russian Su-30 and Su-35 fighters, to face the threat of US aircraft and ships. in the South China Sea, not their domestic fighters. “The reality is that the Chinese fighters cannot match the American ones. The vast majority of Chinese aircraft are pirated Russian aircraft and have a Su-27 or Su-30 platform design. They were even equipped with Russian engines AL-31F (Su-30) and RD-33 (MiG-29) ”; Mr. Dhanoa added. When it comes to aerial combat over the majestic Himalayan terrains, the Chinese-made fighter squadrons will be more “faded” than the arsenal of Indian fighters. All of Russian and French origin. China often prides itself on its air power and types of fighter “copied” from its many sources for many years; however, the world has yet to see any of their fighters “real combat”, in an aerial skirmish, anywhere. By contrast, India has engaged in many, involving frequent air battles with rival countries. Experts say they have tried and tested their and tactics and are therefore more aware of their fighter-type capabilities. Although China may have more aircraft, the natural environment across the LAC and the location of air bases and military facilities are in India’s favor. Therefore, China is unlikely to have a fight in the air with the Indian Air Force. If there is a conflict, China wants a traditional with ground forces.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles