J20 Stealth Fighter

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Don't know why everyone is Like J20 is not threat , Mig 31 is better MKIs better Tejas can beat J20 . Total crap thinking . To develop anything we need Money , Testing and Research facilities , human resources China has everything , they can develop Fifth generation Aircraft's , what we are doing , finding excuses everytime , just chilling by saying J20 won't work , then they developing J31 again We are like J31 is junck , MKI can handle , Rafale can handle it etc then now they are researching on Sixth generation fighters what would be our reaction Sixth generation is junck or MKI can defeat Sixth generation . This is pathetic
it is a a threat, it is, no one denies is a threat, but a threat to what?

For MiG-21s or Su-27? yes it is, but do not go beyond Chinese propaganda.

The J-20 is utterly useless in a nuclear exchange, India is a big player, 20 or 4o J-20s will not make any difference when ICBMs fly or other real deadly weapons of mass destruction fly.

Versus Taiwan of course is a threat, versus India or the USA it is not a threat, why? because the USA is not going fight China without nukes, same will be Russia or India.

Pretty Much J-20 is only useful in a border skirmish where everybody calls off their forces after 2 or 3 fighters are downed go ahead against India, China nor pakistan have no chance, why? radioactivity, infrastructure destroyed lack of hospitals or medical services so no, India pretty much is very well defended.

if there is a war, conventional war, between India and China it can not go beyond a few days and it can not go to the use of nukes.

China knows pretty well,going ahead will mean at least 90-200 million Chinese lives will be lost at least same the Indian side, so J-20 is pure crap in a real war.

Versus Vietnam or cambodia well it is different China can use it without real punishment, but with India, Russia or the USA no it can not and will not change the outcome, for India the best defence against a bully like China are nukes.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Hate to say this, but most of the threads (especially all the fighter jet ones) have turned into just places for fanboy speculation and for non-stop silly and unproductive blabbering.....
I am not being hypocritical or sanctimonious, but there it is, that's what i feel....🤷🏻‍♂️
Than bring authentic facts to discussion.

Problem is lots of fighter jets are unknown products as of now. Not much actual verifiable information about j20 or su57 out there.

And Indian jets are in development stage so lot of speculation about what might be.

But when you look at things with actual physics it gets boring fast and mighty jets show their limitations.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Interestingly, Zhao Xia was a classmate of both Yang Wei (designer of J-10, J-20, etc.) and Tang Changhong (designer of Y-20 and JH-7A). All three were in the "class of 5381" at Northwest Industrial University; that class was dubbed the best aviation class in history of china's . Yang Wei and Tang Changhong were also class mates. Below is an image of class 5381, dated July 12, 1982.

50087206168_a9ea38c1a9_o.jpg

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well there's also the rumour of J-20 B's now being produced with a TVC engine from NPO Saturn. So a TVC and a higher thrust WS-10 B's. Sounds like the WS-15 is delayed according to these two insider rumours.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Now the J 20 B's is just a small bomber's, not even a fighter's. After looking at the bump in the air intake's, the fighter's capabilitie's is reduced's.
This just strengthen my arguments raised that it was designed as a fighter-bomber too, already mentioned quite a while ago. Its not surprising to see an EO-DAS probe beneath it.

1594907854836.png

This move of production in large numbers, I am not sure if they bumped up air intakes too, nee some source is to detect arty fires or ballistic missiles launches and SAMs.

Indian arty positions, SAM launches will be detected from very far. Its clear that bomber missions were planned all along.

scatterStorm

Country flag
J31 is an improved LO design, if only they can build an engine worth enough to compliment its mission parameters.

scatterStorm

Country flag
J 31 is likely an test Demonstrator and the J 35 would be the production aircraft's.
Can you do some models on resonance scattering of the J20 newer -B design. Would like to see your analysis. Is alright if takes time, its just a request which can be ignored.

But a good article with explanation in layman terms along with mathematical explanations and fact sources will surely put it on featured articles on this forum.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Can you do some models on resonance scattering of the J20 newer -B design. Would like to see your analysis. Is alright if takes time, its just a request which can be ignored.

But a good article with explanation in layman terms along with mathematical explanations and fact sources will surely put it on featured articles on this forum.
Ok I will try.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That is interesting opinion about DSI that I heard first time.
The idea of A to B to C is all about engine as far as I know: A (AL31) -> B (WS-10) -> C (WS-15).

Do you mind sharing your source?
55335-380d05d81ff607290a5168dd45cfe5c4.jpg

If you speak mandarian's.

shiphone

Country flag
If you speak mandarian's.
obviously you don't ...

what you said here is just the 'repost' of some Chinese member's statements on other english forum or social media. it's much better to have the link here instead of such a funny 'tiny' screenshot...

i have to tell u that these are just 'personal opinions' (including those so called 'A' 'B' definition)with terrible wrong infomation....lol.
-------------

BTW. there is no so called 'J-31', no so called TD ....at this stage what you have seen is just the prototype(s) of the export project - FC-31....

Last edited:

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
obviously you don't ...

what you said here is just the 'repost' of some Chinese member's statements on other english forum or social media. it's much better to have the link instead of such a funny 'small' screenshot...

i have to tell u that are just 'personal opinions' with terrible wrong infomation....lol.
-------------

BTW. there is no so called 'J-31', no so called TD ....it's the prototype of export project code- FC-31....

I never said about J 31 but well all members dont knew the facts of the differences between the FC 31 and J 31 but go by my comment I Said j 31 is a Tech demonstrators, then you would knew what I meant.

Last edited:

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
obviously you don't ...

what you said here is just the 'repost' of some Chinese member's statements on other english forum or social media. it's much better to have the link instead of such a funny 'tiny' screenshot...

i have to tell u that are just 'personal opinions' (including those so called 'A' 'B' definition)with terrible wrong infomation....lol.
-------------

BTW. there is no so called 'J-31', no so called TD ....it's the prototype of export project code- FC-31....

And well I lived for some month's in Zhoushan so I dont think it's necessary to talk about which launguage you speak or which launguage I speak, if you want we could take this arguements to another forum, because this is not an appropriate thread, and please see the tone in which i spoke that was my personal thought after the delays and delays on WS 15 anyone could tell the engine is not ready let's that plain and simple unless you have another information's.

Last edited:

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
obviously you don't ...

what you said here is just the 'repost' of some Chinese member's statements on other english forum or social media. it's much better to have the link here instead of such a funny 'tiny' screenshot...

i have to tell u that these are just 'personal opinions' (including those so called 'A' 'B' definition)with terrible wrong infomation....lol.
-------------

BTW. there is no so called 'J-31', no so called TD ....at this stage what you have seen is just the prototype(s) of the export project - FC-31....

And yes I got from an SN's so the I will not deny anything what I have put and Mark my words the chinese will not be able to put the WS 15's on J 20's on any variants before the 2023 into mass production's, their engine will be supress by the final versione's of XF 9 capable of production almost 200 KN's of thrusr's and on papers what little information is available it look's good . I can't compare it with the Ws 15's because the information's available for it ia even less. So everything is just specultione's.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
And yes I got from an SN's so the I will not deny anything what I have put and Mark my words the chinese will not be able to put the WS 15's on J 20's on any variants before the 2023 into mass production's, their engine will be supress by the final versione's of XF 9 capable of production almost 200 KN's of thrusr's and on papers what little information is available it look's good . I can't compare it with the Ws 15's because the information's available for it ia even less. So everything is just specultione's.
The problem for J-20 is it has small weapons bay

see this
1594926706758.png

If you look Kinzhal is huge and heavy

1594926763380.png

Now see this detail MiG-31 has engines in tha range of 15 tonnes I mean they are more powerful that our fantasy chinese media W-15 which is only a paper engine, MiG-31 carries almost 20+ tonnes of fuel.

It can cruise really supercruise at Mach 2.3, yes it uses afterburner but it has the fuel to do it, so even it it flies a Mach 1.9 with Kinzhal as a weapon is far more effective than J-20 add for J-20 carry a Kinzhal type weapon its Stealth is gone.

Now is MiG-31 the greatest weapon? probably not but in terms of nukes well it is pretty good it can hit targets at 2000 km aways so pretty much it can fly far far away from J-20 and when it flies will fly very fast.

Kinzhal can have a nuclear tipped warhead

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

see this View attachment 53202

View attachment 53203

Now see this detail MiG-31 has engines in tha range of 15 tonnes I mean they are more powerful that our fantasy chinese media W-15 which is only a paper engine, MiG-31 carries almost 20+ tonnes of fuel.

It can cruise really supercruise at Mach 2.3, yes it uses afterburner but it has the fuel to do it, so even it it flies a Mach 1.9 with Kinzhal as a weapon is far more effective than J-20 add for J-20 carry a Kinzhal type weapon its Stealth is gone.

Now is MiG-31 the greatest weapon? probably not but in terms of nukes well it is pretty good it can hit targets at 2000 km aways so pretty much it can fly far far away from J-20 and when it flies will fly very fast.

The MIG 31 was a master piece's even ravelling to this day, a true master piece's.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

see this View attachment 53202

View attachment 53203

The chinese couldn't create a large bay due to the massive engines and large amount of fuel's needed for it. i
It took a large amount of space for a smaller size considering it's large size's.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles