J20 Stealth Fighter

shiphone

Country flag
youtube ID:Tonkatsu298, a Japanese Photographer , is the frequenter of Airshow China... in the past decade, he presents loads of great videos about the flight Demo happening over Zhuhai airport. he is well known in our circle and has got great respects for his high quality camera shooting. we often meet him at those 'shooting spot' around Zhuhai Airport.

it seems he missed the opening and trading days of Airshow China 2018, but he came on the public days. the above video was taken at the spot called ' golden phoenix platform' which is higher but with trees around. personally I don't like this place...

here's another video taken on 11th Nov-- the PLAAF's Air Force Day, which is the peak of J20's demo on that airshow....4 J20 formation flied pass with the weapon bay opening demo for the first time ever. btw, the shooting spot is exactly the same as where I stood five days ago....lol...but I left Zhuhai after the trading day was over and only witnessed the three jets formation show only on opening day.

after the Airshow China 2018, he uploaded a Highlights clip about J20 demo.

卓越的中国空军 ! 卓越的隐形战机 歼-20 !! The Great Chinese Air Power !! J-20 Stealth Fighter

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
LOL...that's a question I can't answer, can I ?

---------------
in Sep 2017, the spokesman of MOD confirmed that J-20 entered the service in the PLAAF combat test and training flight units.

in Feb 2018, the spokesman of PLAAF confirmed that the Combat Units are receiving the J-20 ...

errr, so far there are two combat test and training flight units and two combat units received/are receiving this fighter....but obviously combat test and training flight unit won't get full scale strength as the normal combat units....

a standard PLAAF fighter combat units owns 2X-3X fighters....normally a heavy fighter unit owns less jets than Medium/Light fighter units.

lol... that's all that I may speak...

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
the most detailed video of J-20 that can be found on Youtube
I wonder why they are still flying with AL-31F at the air show. WS-10B must not be suitable for fear of crashing and causing international embarrassment. With 40 seconds needed for full throttle it is not a very good option.

smooth manifold

Country flag
youtube ID:Tonkatsu298, a Japanese Photographer , is the frequenter of Airshow China... in the past decade, he presents loads of great videos about the flight Demo happening over Zhuhai airport. he is well known in our circle and has got great respects for his high quality camera shooting. we often meet him at those 'shooting spot' around Zhuhai Airport.

it seems he missed the opening and trading days of Airshow China 2018, but he came on the public days. the above video was taken at the spot called ' golden phoenix platform' which is higher but with trees around. personally I don't like this place...

here's another video taken on 11th Nov-- the PLAAF's Air Force Day, which is the peak of J20's demo on that airshow....4 J20 formation flied pass with the weapon bay opening demo for the first time ever. btw, the shooting spot is exactly the same as where I stood five days ago....lol...but I left Zhuhai after the trading day was over and only witnessed the three jets formation show only on opening day.

after the Airshow China 2018, he uploaded a Highlights clip about J20 demo.

卓越的中国空军 ! 卓越的隐形战机 歼-20 !! The Great Chinese Air Power !! J-20 Stealth Fighter
I think this version is much better. thanks for sharing!

vishnugupt

Country flag
This J- 20 flies like a passenger jet. A very slow upward moving at 2:18, gives the impression of being very heavy and very few rolls with the help of afterburner.
Had anybody seen J-20 doing Negative G manoeuvre, invert fly pass and many moves western fighters usually do?? very lethargic jet.
Or may be only I haven't seen before

shiphone

Country flag
the partial

-------------
another video record...the public TV relay about the J20's demo on the opening day of Airshow China 2018 which I watched on site... 3 jet formation without weapon bay demo . the video was taken via 'official view angel ' which was on the north side of the runway in the expo field.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
F-16V jetfighter can outclass China's J-20: defense minister

Taipei, Sept. 23 (CNA) Taiwan's defense minister said Monday that the U.S.-made F-16V fighter jet can outclass China's Chengdu J-20 in a dogfight.

Yen De-fa (嚴德發) made the comment at a hearing of legislative Foreign Affairs and National Defense Committee, which completed a preliminary review of a draft bill that would allow the government to create a special budget of up to NT$250 billion (US$8.07 billion) to buy 66 of the F-16V fighters from the U.S.

He was replying to legislators' questions about the ability of the F-16V compared to the Chengdu J-20, a fifth-generation stealth fighter developed by the Chengdu Aerospace Corp., in close aerial combat. The F-16V would have no problem beating the J-20, Yen said.

However, Air Force Chief of Staff Liu Jen-yuan (劉任遠) said that the chance of close-range air combat is slim because aerial battles between fighter aircraft are typically conducted at long range.

In addition, the F-16V is a much more capable weapon due to its active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, which provides long-range search and track capability against airborne targets, Liu said.

He also confirmed that the F-16V fighters, once purchased, will be stationed at Zhihang Air Base in Taitung County.

Asked whether the defense ministry has plans to buy the F-35 fighter, Yen said the Air Force "will have such a need going forward" to cope with any new threats posed by Chinese military action.

Besides cost considerations, another reason why the ministry decided to buy the F-16V instead of the F-35 is because it could start taking delivery of the F-16Vs from 2023, while it would take 10-15 years to take the F-35, Yen said
http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aipl/201909230017.aspx

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles