J20 Stealth Fighter

J20!

Country flag
So the gaps are so large they needed to apply a sealant?
I think you're looking for something to criticise.

1 minute, the black outlines are photoshops, the next you're saying they are 1 inch gaps and now you're criticising the fact that the weapons bays need to be air-tight.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I think you're looking for something to criticise.

1 minute, the black outlines are photoshops, the next you're saying they are 1 inch gaps and now you're criticising the fact that the weapons bays need to be air-tight.
You are the one saying they are sealants. I was thinking it must be a photoshopped outline because not even China would make gaps that need sealants that wide.

J20!

Country flag
You are the one saying they are sealants. I was thinking it must be a photoshopped outline because not even China would make gaps that need sealants that wide.
I said it might be sealant or leading edge RAM treatment. What it definately is NOT is Photoshop. All the pics taken at Airshow China by multitudes of photographers show the same treatment along the weapons bay doors.

If the weapons bay doors had inch wide gaps as you say, wouldn't we have spotted these "gaps" over the 7 years of the J20 flying? Weak argument mate...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I said it might be sealant or leading edge RAM treatment. What it definately is NOT is Photoshop. All the pics taken at Airshow China by multitudes of photographers show the same treatment along the weapons bay doors.

If the weapons bay doors had inch wide gaps as you say, wouldn't we have spotted these "gaps" over the 7 years of the J20 flying? Weak argument mate...
I have been watching this since 2010 back when the pictures were too grainy to make out anything until the time China copied cameras that could take HD photos years later. There was never such a thick black outline around the weapons bays until now. Just go back in this thread and find anything that looks like this thick black borders around the bays.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I have been watching this since 2010 back when the pictures were too grainy to make out anything until the time China copied cameras that could take HD photos years later. There was never such a thick black outline around the weapons bays until now. Just go back in this thread and find anything that looks like this thick black borders around the bays.

back in 2010, you thought the whole j20 was a PS, it's just typical.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Hahaha, i still remember that joke of century...
You know what is the joke of the century? Just see below image. Now that's what is called the joke of the 21st century.....:biggrin2:

A flying fat pig design with no regards to aerodynamics, questionable sensors, no proven AESA radar, ew warfare suite, airframe showing clear gaps, underpowered unreliable questionable engines, and you people call this 5thgen fighter... Now that's joke of the century...:biggrin2:

Even mighty russians are struggling with pakfa which is definitely massively superior to j20 and IAF isn't considering calling it a mature 5th gen fighter and are waiting to achieve 5th gen capabilities and you people think that j20 is 5th generation fighter now that's what is called the joke of the century...:biggrin2:

45351659624_9b92beae21_o.jpg

J20!

Country flag

So they've added RAM treatment to the edges of the weapons bays. That's a good thing.

Back in 2010/2011 you were claiming that it didn't have weapons bays at all, or that it was a mock-up. You're always looking for something to criticise...

J20!

Country flag
You know what is the joke of the century? Just see below image. Now that's what is called the joke of the 21st century.....:biggrin2:

A flying fat pig design with no regards to aerodynamics, questionable sensors, no proven AESA radar, ew warfare suite, airframe showing clear gaps, underpowered unreliable questionable engines, and you people call this 5thgen fighter... Now that's joke of the century...:biggrin2:

Even mighty russians are struggling with pakfa which is definitely massively superior to j20 and IAF isn't considering calling it a mature 5th gen fighter and are waiting to achieve 5th gen capabilities and you people think that j20 is 5th generation fighter now that's what is called the joke of the century...:biggrin2:

View attachment 29974
Its not China's fault that India is of yet only capable of developing a light weight 4th gen jet. The USNI calls the J20 a 5th generation fighter, because it is...

lcafanboy

Country flag
Its not China's fault that India is of yet only capable of developing a light weight 4th gen jet. The USNI calls the J20 a 5th generation fighter, because it is...
Atleast we achieved capabilities to make 4.5 gen fighter all by ourselves without copying since LCA Tejas is unique and made from scratch unlike all Chinese copy cat fighters falling out of skies (aptly named flying coffins). Jf17 =mig21 copy, j10=israIi lavi, all J11, J15, etc flanker copies, j31=f35 copy, J20=MIG1.44 with stealthy weapons bay....

All chinese fighters have engine problems, so called 5th generation fighters j31, j20 don't even have proven aesa radar, electronic warfare suite, no sensor fusion, just a glorified mig1.44 with internal weapons bay...:biggrin2:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This one on Armand2REP,Jan 12, 2011 ?

This is more of a tech demonstrator. It doesn't even have weapon bays.

https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/j20-stealth-fighter.17450/page-44
Which is a far cry from me saying it was a fake Photoshop and didn't exist. I never expected them to actually put this overweight, unstealthy turd into production. In order to reflect the radar off the weapon bay edges they have to put an inch wide gap of sealant on it. You don't see F-22, F-35 or even PAK FA doing that.

J20!

Country flag
Atleast we achieved capabilities to make 4.5 gen fighter all by ourselves without copying since LCA Tejas is unique and made from scratch unlike all Chinese copy cat fighters falling out of skies (aptly named flying coffins). Jf17 =mig21 copy, j10=israIi lavi, all J11, J15, etc flanker copies, j31=f35 copy, J20=MIG1.44 with stealthy weapons bay....

All chinese fighters have engine problems, so called 5th generation fighters j31, j20 don't even have proven aesa radar, electronic warfare suite, no sensor fusion, just a glorified mig1.44 with internal weapons bay...:biggrin2:
Why do you call Tejas a 4.5 gen fighter? Aren't the airframes coming off HAL's production line equipped with pulse Doppler radars still? Israeli radars at that?

lcafanboy

Country flag
Why do you call Tejas a 4.5 gen fighter? Aren't the airframes coming off HAL's production line equipped with pulse Doppler radars still? Israeli radars at that?
Pulse Doppler for now but indigenous made in India. Mk1A will have either israili elta2052 or uttam AESA most likely Uttam again made in India if it gets matured by 2021 if not later blocks of Mk1A and 40 which are being produced now will be upgraded with Uttam. Also ew warfare suite will also be integrated with Mk1A and tejas mk2 will be at par with Gripen E which Saab is marketing as 5th gen fighter.....:)

You may now say engine, this &that,etc is imported. May be but it will be much capable and so because we are going international way where you buy subsystems from global vendor chain and integrate into your airframe as per your requirement. We don't want to invent wheel. Here problem with China is no one wants to give wheels to China because everyone knows Chinese monkeys start their xerox machine and will copy their wheel and call them their own and won't pay a penny for royalty.....:)

Yes we pay royalty but save billions on R&D cost and time too. China copies and then spend billions rectifying it... Don't believe me, well see how many j10s are falling out of sky, you will know what i want to say..:)

Petra Wajowski

Country flag
You may now say engine, this &that,etc is imported. May be but it will be much capable and so because we are going international way where you buy subsystems from global vendor chain and integrate into your airframe as per your requirement. We don't want to invent wheel. Here problem with China is no one wants to give wheels to China because everyone knows Chinese monkeys start their xerox machine and will copy their wheel and call them their own and won't pay a penny for royalty.....:)
This is very funny, you bunch of cow piss drinkers. Why don't you nuke each other now :)

Bhurki

This is very funny, you bunch of cow piss drinkers. Why don't you nuke each other now :)
Lol, that would be a bit counter intuitive, don't you think?
I don't understand why people are so cross about China copying other country's tech, the US did it in the cold war era, so did the USSR.. Building a military isn't a game with set rules, its a survival scenario. It doesn't matter how you got the capabilities, you just need them to work when they are required. A war between China and India today won't be evaluated on who paid the most royalty or managed to develop tech quickly/easily, it would be evaluated on who wins it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles