J-21/J-31 Chinese 5th Generation Stealth Fighter

jouni

Sir,

You forget our designers will work on this

:wave:or should i say improved version of this.

Pretty depressing for Finland when these will fly by your border.
Wow, that looks great. It was today's news that FiAF start to look for replacement for our Hornets. Who knows if you make it good enough, it someday will fly inside our borders ;).

Ashutosh Lokhande

Wow, that looks great. It was today's news that FiAF start to look for replacement for our Hornets. Who knows if you make it good enough, it someday will fly inside our borders ;).
Highly unlikely. we need permission from russia to export these birds. it is jointly owned by russia. it has 50% stakes in it.

ladder

Country flag
But it is not their fault, isn't the design originally by Dassault and based on old Mirage. Their hands were tied. Sorry to hear anyway. At least they were dedicated to their work.

Yes, derived from Mirage from 1960's.

jouni

Highly unlikely. we need permission from russia to export these birds. it is jointly owned by russia. it has 50% stakes in it.
I think Russia will run out of money and you can buy the shares. Got to admit that they make great looking planes.

jouni

Why FiAF is not inducting F-35?
It is one on the shortlist, maybe candidate nro 1. On the weekend I will go to Monchegorsk Russia to meet a friend of mine who is head mechanic of su-34, we always have interesting talks on these issues. They like to fly towards our border and try to get our Hornets airborne.

ladder

Country flag
It is one on the shortlist, maybe candidate nro 1. On the weekend I will go to Monchegorsk Russia to meet a friend of mine who is head mechanic of su-34, we always have interesting talks on these issues. They like to fly towards our border and try to get our Hornets airborne.
I was surprised, Finland was looking for direct induction. Japan, South Korea are also running 5th gen fighter program, why not tie up with them?

Neo

I was surprised, Finland was looking for direct induction. Japan, South Korea are also running 5th gen fighter program, why not tie up with them?
I don't think Finland has the political desire to become a defence manufacturer of such magnitude.

jouni

Good question, I try to find out.

jouni

I don't think Finland has the political desire to become a defence manufacturer of such magnitude.
Hornets were assembled in Finland. We need maybe 40-60 new planes, maybe we join sweden, but they want to sell us their Tejas, JAS Gripen.

Neo

Hornets were assembled in Finland. We need maybe 40-60 new planes, maybe we join sweden, but they want to sell us their Tejas, JAS Gripen.
Gripen NG would be a great choice for Finland and jt can easily be assembled or coproduced involving local industry. I don't think Finland will opt fir the F-35 or any other stealth. In post Cold War era, there's no need to invest high amounts of money into defence as Russia is no longer a threat.

Neo

Let's not further derail the thread.
We can discus Finlands defence requirements in a dedicated thread.

shiphone

Country flag
the huge signboard on the Exhibition hall of AirShow China 2014

the real bird(the only flying prototype) was supposed to do a low pass on the AirShow China 2014 next month, which means this Project would be officially revealed soon...
quite some "old" photos taken before were released recently..

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
more......

and a group of very interesting pix showing the vortex created by the small Wing-Strake

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
Cross post here...

==================

Finally ...the so called "J31" rumor could be ended here...

AFC(Advanced Fighter Concept), Huying got the official Export Project Code---FC31

==================
it seems that next Prototype of AFC-Advanced Fighter concept (Huying) might have some big changes or improvements when it appears...

the newly revealed AVIC official Mock-up

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles