J-21/J-31 Chinese 5th Generation Stealth Fighter

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
As far as I know, the only publicly available picture of the second FC31 prototype with it's weapons bay doors open is this one, but it doesn't really show the weapons bay itself.

Theres also this gif of the first prototype opening and closing it's bay doors in flight

As to "RCS projection chart, CFD and IR signature" can't share what I don't have. Besides, why would AVIC release sensitive data like that?
CFD and IR data are not that much confidential by the way but I agreed with you for RCS part...

scatterStorm

Country flag
I'd always assume my enemy to be much better than me so that I can be well prepared, nevertheless turn rates are half the battles, in a full scale air dominance half of the jet's will be saturated in the first wave, those who will remain … knowing how much fuel you've left, correct escape vector (A sustained turn rate that is economical for the jet) and choosing right time to fire a missile during a merge is deeply important. I expect that be it whatever J20s J31 … or any J's in future, tactical information, preparedness and Training will add more value to any fighter pilot. The only major threat is "Uncertainty", that makes the pilot uneasy or unconfident and that' s the purpose of Stealth Jets.

Unfavourable circumstances and sometimes straight unfair air battles will be there, its the job of the pilot to be calm, stay vigilant and trust on the fellow behind his back, but most importantly … "choosing you battles".

Example: Libyan Jet's tried to poke the nose of F14s in the gulf … they got shot down.

Possible Scenario over Tibet would in future will surely be seen and making a decision at those moments could fan out many possibilities.

lcafanboy

Country flag
just don't feel sorry when China exports stealth fighters to Pakistan.
You are most welcome to export those DUD STEALTH fighters to beggar porkistan for free, since porkistan is already a bankrupt country and there's no way this beggar of a country can pay for it.

For us it's much better you people suck out every penny out of porki defence budget.

except that the cat on paper also kills
Yeah, it kills only mouse. But hunting a LION (SU30mki, Rafales, Mig29s upgraded&k) is totally a different ball game. GOSH even iaf mig21 bis are hard nut to crack, US learned it hard way. So chill impress Porkies with your fake toys. IAF su30mkis detected J-20 in Tibet while loitering in Indian borders, Rafales with spectra will be able to detect it passively 450kms away and with meteor amraams it will rip apart all DUDS China can throw....

Actually Rafales are leagues ahead in stealth technology than these Chinese DUDS......

J20!

Country flag
You are most welcome to export those DUD STEALTH fighters to beggar porkistan for free, since porkistan is already a bankrupt country and there's no way this beggar of a country can pay for it.

For us it's much better you people suck out every penny out of porki defence budget.

Yeah, it kills only mouse. But hunting a LION (SU30mki, Rafales, Mig29s upgraded&k) is totally a different ball game. GOSH even iaf mig21 bis are hard nut to crack, US learned it hard way. So chill impress Porkies with your fake toys. IAF su30mkis detected J-20 in Tibet while loitering in Indian borders, Rafales with spectra will be able to detect it passively 450kms away and with meteor amraams it will rip apart all DUDS China can throw....

Actually Rafales are leagues ahead in stealth technology than these Chinese DUDS.
This is like debating a child. SPECTRA ie "Self-Protection Equipment Countering Threats to Rafale Aircraft" is as the name notes, a SELF PROTECTION electronic warfare suite. It is not meant to detect aircraft at long ranges genius. How exactly would missile approach warning sensors, jammers and flare dispensers detect an aircraft at 450 km out?

And how exactly would rafale PASSIVELY DETECT even an aircraft with an RCS the size of a barn door like a flanker at 450km? And since when is Rafale a "stealth aircraft"?

Your posts belong in the "jokes thread" fanboy.

lcafanboy

Country flag
This is like debating a child. SPECTRA ie "Self-Protection Equipment Countering Threats to Rafale Aircraft" is as the name notes, a SELF PROTECTION electronic warfare suite. It is not meant to detect aircraft at long ranges genius. How exactly would missile approach warning sensors, jammers and flare dispensers detect an aircraft at 450 km out?

And how exactly would rafale PASSIVELY DETECT even an aircraft with an RCS the size of a barn door like a flanker at 450km? And since when is Rafale a "stealth aircraft"?

Your posts belong in the "jokes thread" fanboy.
You are a bigger joke and so are all dragon kids on the forum working on CCP payroll 50 cents per post.

Rafales have much better avionics than even f-22 & f-35. Spectra EW suite not only have powerful jammers, it also has passive detection capabilities which can detect fighters without activating radar. So while it keeps itself undetected (electronic stealth) it detects enemy fighters through other means. Also the frontal rcs of rafale is smaller than sparrow. Further spectra confuses enemy radars by producing its location a few 100 metres away from actual location on radar and missile sensors. The engines have dual cooling Channels which keeps infra red signature low from behind. Also the air intakes shield engine enough without comprising performance.

Why do you think IAF has rejected pakfa in its current form. It's because they've seen rafales F3R with GaN radar which india is buying closely and its capabilities which won't be disclosed to others. Future tranches will be of F4 & F4.2 standard. Rafales also have conformal tanks and conformal weapons bay for further stealth capabilities and mission.

So my Chinese friends there are several ways to do things and similarly french have achieved stealth in different ways. All this with out any disadvantages of other fat pig design of so called 5th gen fighters...:)

J20!

Country flag
You are a bigger joke and so are all dragon kids on the forum working on CCP payroll 50 cents per post.

Rafales have much better avionics than even f-22 & f-35. Spectra EW suite not only have powerful jammers, it also has passive detection capabilities which can detect fighters without activating radar. So while it keeps itself undetected (electronic stealth) it detects enemy fighters through other means. Also the frontal rcs of rafale is smaller than sparrow. Further spectra confuses enemy radars by producing its location a few 100 metres away from actual location on radar and missile sensors. The engines have dual cooling Channels which keeps infra red signature low from behind. Also the air intakes shield engine enough without comprising performance.

Why do you think IAF has rejected pakfa in its current form. It's because they've seen rafales F3R with GaN radar which india is buying closely and its capabilities which won't be disclosed to others. Future tranches will be of F4 & F4.2 standard. Rafales also have conformal tanks and conformal weapons bay for further stealth capabilities and mission.

So my Chinese friends there are several ways to do things and similarly french have achieved stealth in different ways. All this with out any disadvantages of other fat pig design of so called 5th gen fighters...:)
SPECTRA is not a long range detection system fanboy. Its an integrated self defense suite. I repeat, you cannot detect fighters at long range with Missile Approach Warning Systems and flares. SPECTRA is primarily in place to protect the aircraft from infrared and radar guided missiles. Just because the IAF is buying a few doesn't make the Rafale a 6th gen aircraft all of a sudden.

Maybe its new AESA has LPI modes, but that is independent of SPECTRA, which is as the name notes is a "Self-Protection Equipment Countering Threats to Rafale Aircraft", not an offensive sensor suite.

And since when does Rafale have conformal fuel tanks and weapons bays? And since when has Rafale had a better avionics suite than the F35? Rafale has not "achieved stealth" in any way that would matter against 5th gen aircraft at long ranges, that's just your jingoism posting nonsense. Go post this nonsense in the Jokes thread and stop polluting this thread with BS.

lcafanboy

Country flag
And since when does Rafale have conformal fuel tanks and weapons bays?
Here china man, enjoy rafale with conformal tanks. I also had pics of Rafales with conformal weapons bay in my PC but unfortunately couldn't locate it now. I would post it later.

3972.jpg
images.jpeg

Jackd

They are detachable which is a pretty versatile thing as they can add or remove them according to mission requirements.

lcafanboy

Country flag
They are detachable which is a pretty versatile thing as they can add or remove them according to mission requirements.
Same with conformal weapons bay. When on stealth mission use bays which limits weapons load but useful to do sead/dead mission at start of war once enemy anti air capabilities and offensive capabilities are suppressed remove it to convert rafales into bomb truck....

lcafanboy

Country flag
Rafale has not "achieved stealth" in any way that would matter against 5th gen aircraft at long ranges, that's just your jingoism posting nonsense.
Rafale spectra system has active radar cancellation and it also has active skin which cancels radar signals which makes it difficult to detect Rafales.

Do you know spectra system alone cost a third of rafale total cost. The only other cimparable system is being developed by saab for gripen NG, which is applying same approach as Rafales.

Rafale F3R with conformal tanks and conformal weapons bay combined with GaN AESA, spectra system is 5th generation fighter plane which will keep getting better with f4, f4.2 standards. Also it will benefit from future sixth gen fighter being developed by france and Germany. So chill I am posting facts not some fanboy fantasy.

J20!

Country flag
Here china man, enjoy rafale with conformal tanks. I also had pics of Rafales with conformal weapons bay in my PC but unfortunately couldn't locate it now. I would post it later.

View attachment 27510 View attachment 27511
Those pics are from 2001

• 19 JUNE, 2001
  • SOURCE: FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL
Technical development of the Rafale continues as the French navy begins operations from an aircraft carrier

Dassault Aviation has unveiled its Rafale multirole fighter with 1,150litre (300USgal) conformal fuel tanks (CFTs), which the company has been flight testing over the past month.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/dassault-reveals-conformal-tanks-131841/

Yes, Dassault tested CFT's 17 years ago, but not a single production Rafale has ever flown or been accepted into service with CFT's.

The French Airforce and Navy do not use Dassualt's CFT's. The Rafale packages sold to Egypt, Qatar and India DO NOT INCLUDE CFT's. Even during the IAF's MRCA debacle, the only jet on offer with CFT's was Boeing's Block III F18E/F.

Same with conformal weapons bay. When on stealth mission use bays which limits weapons load but useful to do sead/dead mission at start of war once enemy anti air capabilities and offensive capabilities are suppressed remove it to convert rafales into bomb truck....
More fanboy drivel. At least CFT's were tested on a single Rafale a decade and a half ago, but your "conformal weapons bay" nonsense is just more fanboy pipe dreams. They don't exist. They are not in development. They are not on offer to the IAF.

However you may try to twist it, the Rafale is not a stealth aircraft. Not even Dassault claims it is. Every operational SEAD or DEAD engagement involving Rafales has taken place with external fuel tanks and munitions carried externally. Those are just the facts.

The IAF will not deploy a stealth combat jet anytime soon. Maybe they'll buy the Su57 in the 2020's or wait for the AMCA in the 2030's, but until then, a Rafale equipped IAF is still a 4th generation airforce.

Petra Wajowski

Country flag

View attachment 27510 View attachment 27511
Rafale can indeed carry CFT but no CFT was in the sales package.

Silly china man and silly Indian ba bu. Get your details straight:
file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/All%20RAFALE%20Fox3%20Publications%20ed%20PRN%20pp63.pdf

shiphone

Country flag
another 'old' image about the PT-31003- the 3rd prototype of FC-31 porject, but it is also the second flying FC-31. normally the PT-02 is for the ground tests(statics and fatigue tests).

FC-31 project is the export one.., the first prototype for PLAN --the domestic project(J-xx) is about to debut..

skywatcher

Country flag
another 'old' image about the PT-31003- the 3rd prototype of FC-31 porject, but it is also the second flying FC-31. normally the PT-02 is for the ground tests(statics and fatigue tests).

FC-31 project is the export one.., the first prototype for PLAN --the domestic project(J-xx) is about to debut..

wow, I've never seen this befere.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles