J-21/J-31 Chinese 5th Generation Stealth Fighter

J20!

Country flag
By what I have read elsewhere about this Chinese stealth fighter, it is less of stealth and far inferior to Su-30MK1 in operation. That is why they keep it secret and away from the prying eyes of the competitors.
So you read in some indian tabloid that the SU30 is stealthier than the FC31 PROTOTYPES? "And better in operation" too? I didn't know FC31 was in operation anywhere...

Your story could be a candidate for joke of the month. Let's see your source...

Hari Sud

Country flag
So you read in some indian tabloid that the SU30 is stealthier than the FC31 PROTOTYPES? "And better in operation" too? I didn't know FC31 was in operation anywhere...

Your story could be a candidate for joke of the month. Let's see your source...
That is absolutely true that the Chinese stealth fighter is a stolen copy of F-22 less its technology and metallurgy. It will never match up. Chinese know about Hence it is shown to others from a distance. Think, - what can anybody copy from a copy which Chinese stealth fighter is a copy.

Chinese overconfidence has no bound.

J20!

Country flag
That is absolutely true that the Chinese stealth fighter is a stolen copy of F-22 less its technology and metallurgy. It will never match up. Chinese know about Hence it is shown to others from a distance. Think, - what can anybody copy from a copy which Chinese stealth fighter is a copy.

Chinese overconfidence has no bound.
Suuuure. So I'm assuming you couldn't find that source where you "read" that nonsense about the SU30 being "stealth"?

The F22 is a heavy air superiority fighter. The FC31 is significantly smaller than the F22 and is a medium weight fighter. It's more akin to the F35 than the F22.

Only 2 prototypes have been produced thus far, which is why your analysis boggles the mind. How do you know any of what you're saying is true? Do u have data everyone else is missing?

At least get your facts right before attempting to troll the thread .

Hari Sud

Country flag
Su30 is not stealth and I never said that, so brush up your English.

We know all that, you do not have to repeat it what you repeating in your post. Why does FC31 looks like F22, because you stole the design. The irony is that you could not steal the metallurgy and manufacturing technique. These are not on the internet. Without efficient electronics and high maneuverability like SU30, it is a sitting duck. Ask anybody other than Chinese.

J20!

Country flag
Su30 is not stealth and I never said that, so brush up your English..
By what I have read elsewhere about this Chinese stealth fighter, it is less of stealth and far inferior to Su-30MK1 in operation..
If the SU30 is stealthier than a stealth platform, doesn't your statement imply that the flanker is a stealth platform?

We know all that, you do not have to repeat it what you repeating in your post. Why does FC31 looks like F22, because you stole the design. The irony is that you could not steal the metallurgy and manufacturing technique. These are not on the internet. Without efficient electronics and high maneuverability like SU30, it is a sitting duck. Ask anybody other than Chinese.
Still no source? So because is has a cockpit, wings and two engines it's a copy of the F22? Have you even compared pictures of each side by side before you made that statement?

I'm not interested wasting time on your easily disproven fanboy opinions. Shoo!

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
If the SU30 is stealthier than a stealth platform, doesn't your statement imply that the flanker is a stealth platform?

Still no source? So because is has a cockpit, wings and two engines it's a copy of the F22? Have you even compared pictures of each side by side before you made that statement?

I'm not interested wasting time on your easily disproven fanboy opinions. Shoo!
You still have English understanding problem and I will not waste time on your poor understanding of words and grammar.

J20!

Country flag
2nd FC31 prototype in flight testing:

I wonder why they've kept it in a primer coat for this long.

J20!

Country flag
Considering it takes 28 seconds to complete a 360º turn they probably determined it wasn't worth moving forward. Smart move actually...
If you say so my Indian friend....:biggrin2:

J20!

Country flag
1:25 - 1:53 = 28 seconds

You can subtract. Congratulations.

Still doesn't explain why the sedate air-show performance of the first prototype would inform an imaginary decision to cancel the whole programme.

But again, if you say so my Indian friend.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You can subtract. Congratulations.

Still doesn't explain why the sedate air-show performance of the first prototype would inform an imaginary decision to cancel the whole programme.

But again, if you say so my Indian friend.
It is quite obvious why they would cancel with such a poor turning radius. The problems suffered by copying the F-35 when even the Americans can't make it a good dogfighter make the J-31 useless.

J20!

Country flag
It is quite obvious why they would cancel with such a poor turning radius. The problems suffered by copying the F-35 when even the Americans can't make it a good dogfighter make the J-31 useless.
Usual Indian fanboy BS. You can't judge the turning radius of a jet based on an air show display of the first prototype in the programme. That's like judging the whole F35 programme by the performance of the X35 prototype.

And please provide a source for your claim that the FC31 programme has been cancelled. Debating fanboys is tedious.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Usual Indian fanboy BS. You can't judge the turning radius of a jet based on an air show display of the first prototype in the programme. That's like judging the whole F35 programme by the performance of the X35 prototype.

And please provide a source for your claim that the FC31 programme has been cancelled. Debating fanboys is tedious.
You wanted to know why your aircraft hasn't been painted. Now you know and knowing is half the battle...

J20!

Country flag
You wanted to know why your aircraft hasn't been painted. Now you know and knowing is half the battle...
"Now I know" your opinion/hopes. Try separating your conjecture from reality. Shengyang has not cancelled their FC31 programme.

As usual.... All BS no source material.

J20!

Country flag
A higher resolution pic of the second FC31 prototype in a different angle:

Composite content is considerable on this revised version of the FC31
Missed 1 from the same test flight:

J20!

Country flag
Will you please share its open bay pics , RCS projection chart, CFD and IR signature ?
As far as I know, the only publicly available picture of the second FC31 prototype with it's weapons bay doors open is this one, but it doesn't really show the weapons bay itself.

Theres also this gif of the first prototype opening and closing it's bay doors in flight

As to "RCS projection chart, CFD and IR signature" can't share what I don't have. Besides, why would AVIC release sensitive data like that?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles