J-21/J-31 Chinese 5th Generation Stealth Fighter

johnj

The FC-31 has been tested and refined over the past ten years as part of a private from Shenyang. It is good enough that the Chinese Navy decided to choice it as the basis for the J-35 instead of the well-established J-20 which is mass produced in the hundreds :)

I do not know much about the AMCA but I know it is not flying or tested or was in a competition with the national 5th Gen fighter for an important position.

To understand how important, the PLAN has given its landbased units (hundreds of fighters and bombers) to focus on its carrier arm. The J-35 is the centerpiece and it had to beat out a successful advanced fighter already in mass production with the PLAAF.
Who is going to pay for Pak 5th gen ??

SexyChineseLady

Their economy is struggling, I don't they can afford 5th gen in this decade
5th gen not only too expensive to buy, but also extremely expensive to maintain
I don't know. They are able to involve themselves in multiple projects not only with China. KAAN/TXF and MILGEM corvettes from Turkey comes to mind. Also many rumors that FC-31 might eventually be a pan-Middle East project with Saudi Arabia being a main backer. That can also lead to Pakistan getting funding.

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

Much rumors of FC-31 being pursued by ME countries -- if multiple nations in region opt for FC-31 then Pakistan would have avenues to procurement as part of a greater whole?

IMG_1796.jpeg

IMG_1797.jpeg

johnj

I don't know. They are able to involve themselves in multiple projects not only with China. KAAN/TXF and MILGEM corvettes from Turkey comes to mind. Also many rumors that FC-31 might eventually be a pan-Middle East project with Saudi Arabia being a main backer. That can also lead to Pakistan getting funding.

View attachment 237761

View attachment 237760
Yes, a lots of projects, that's why they can.t afford 5th gen till 2030, may be after 2035
First consider Turkie SAM s/m purchase before considering sale of Chinese high tech equipment to US militarily partners / allies Also US designing new version of f35 for export - US sabotage any Chinese military sales which harm US companies profits/interest
Now Turkey developing their own 5th gen, SAM etc insisted of buying Chinese, Saudi show interest in UKs 6th gen
Since economic of lots of developing countries are growing, Chinese can easily find customers for j31 after 2030/35

Hari Sud

Country flag
Their economy is struggling, I don't they can afford 5th gen in this decade
5th gen not only too expensive to buy, but also extremely expensive to maintain
That is part of their psycho warfare on India. Everybody knows they cannot afford to pay but they still make a false effort to get it. Also it works on Americans too that unless they supply for free, otherwise they will get it from China.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles