J-15 firing PL-12 and YJ-83K supersonic anti-ship missile | CCTV

Martian

Respected Member
CCTV: J-15 firing PL-12 and YJ-83K supersonic anti-ship missile
昨天的央视焦点访谈节目再次介绍辽宁号此次出海演训的情况,此前曝光的很多内容有更多地细节呈现。包括,歼15舰载机一次齐射了两枚PL12空空导弹,并首次曝光了发射鹰击83K反舰导弹的画面,说明歼15战机的对空对海攻击能力都已经得到了验证。

J-15 firing PL-12 beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM)

----------

J-15 firing YJ-83K supersonic anti-ship missile (ASM)

[Note: Thank you to "Grey Boy 2" for the news post.]

indiatester

Country flag
Do you have proper video? Gif's just don't do justice for these events.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Even Astra MK1 BVR AAM is better than this pipe smoking polluting PL-12. Just look at the Astra launch absoutely clean and no smoke.

Now that's what you call sophisticated BVR AAM Gosh wait for Astra MK-2 It is still better than Mk-1.

lcafanboy

Country flag
SU 30 MKI carrying Brahmos supersonic missile First Flight test video more tests like drop test to be done and then followed by actual firing and induction by Dec 2017. Brahmos is a proven system so once firing is done it will be ready for induction. Enjoy.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
昨天的央视焦点访谈节目再次介绍辽宁号此次出海演训的情况,此前曝光的很多内容有更多地细节呈现。包括,歼15舰载机一次齐射了两枚PL12空空导弹,并首次曝光了发射鹰击83K反舰导弹的画面,说明歼15战机的对空对海攻击能力都已经得到了验证。

----------

YJ-83K is not a supersonic missile.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

----------

J 15 is a junk plane and can not carry any load except Air to Air missile from carrier. Chinese scientist said this.

Martian

Respected Member
YJ-83K is not a supersonic missile.
YJ-83 / C-803 | Global Security

"The newly developed YJ-83 anti-ship missile is a further derivative of the Chinese C-802 ASCM. The YJ-83 has a range of 250 kilometers, can receive target data while in flight, and travel at supersonic speeds, making it difficult for ships to defend against."

J20!

Country flag

"The newly developed YJ-83 anti-ship missile is a further derivative of the Chinese C-802 ASCM. The YJ-83 has a range of 250 kilometers, can receive target data while in flight, and travel at supersonic speeds, making it difficult for ships to defend against."
@Martian this has been discussed at length, and the conclusion has been that the YJ8 family of anti-ship missiles are all subsonic.

That includes the YJ83K's in the J15's inventory. They have a maximum speed of 0.9 mach and a range of 180km with a 190kg semi-armour piercing warhead.

Martian

Respected Member
@Martian this has been discussed at length, and the conclusion has been that the YJ8 family of anti-ship missiles are all subsonic.

That includes the YJ83K's in the J15's inventory. They have a maximum speed of 0.9 mach and a range of 180km with a 190kg semi-armour piercing warhead.
YJ-83/C-803 is supersonic in the terminal phase.

It is similar to the YJ-18 maneuverable-warhead ASCM that is also supersonic in the terminal phase.

I shouldn't have to write "in the terminal phase," because everyone in a Chinese defense forum should already know this fact. This is common knowledge.

The only purely supersonic Chinese anti-ship cruise missile for the entire flight path is the CX-1.
----------

"C-803: Development of C-802/YJ-83 that incorporates a terminal stage rocket motor to boost the terminal speed to supersonic, first revealed in the national day parade in 1999.[6] The range of subsonic – supersonic flight mode is 150 km.[7] The terminal stage rocket motor can be replaced with additional fuel tanks to increase the range to 250 km when the entire flight is subsonic.[6]"

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
dear,don't waste time on some idiot...lol..
-----------------------

.lol...what is it?
only purely supersonic Chinese anti-ship cruise missile
....oh, poor YJ-12A
a terminal stage rocket motor
...lol,where is it?
YJ83 is just near around 1 Mach during the termianl stage due to the comsumed fuels and diving maneuver in some cases...

Martian

Respected Member
It is common knowledge that YJ-83/C-803 is supersonic in its terminal phase. I have provided citations from Global Security and Deagel (see below).
----------

YJ-83 | Deagel

"The YJ-83 can fly at supersonic speeds (Mach 1.5) during the terminal phase of the flight (approx 15 kilometers)."

shiphone

Country flag
idiot....there is no so called C-803 as an Export project...

YJ8/81 -->export varient : C801
YJ82-- submrine launched Anti-ship missile
YJ83A/J/K -- export varient: C802 family

you never could find any displayed so called C803 real missile on any event, even a mock-up...lol

Martian

Respected Member
idiot....there is no so called C-803 as an Export project...

YJ8/81 -->export varient : C801
YJ82-- submrine launched Anti-ship missile
YJ83A/J/K -- export varient: C802 family

you never could find any displayed so called C803 real missile on any event, even a mock-up...lol
That's only your opinion. You have provided no mainstream citations to back up your view.

C-801/YJ-81 same family
C-802/YJ-82 same family
C-803/YJ-83 same family

Global Security and Deagel agree with me. Both Global Security and Deagel state that China's YJ-83 is also known as a variant of the C-803.
----------

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
again...don't quote these stupid english assumption with loads of mistake like most of your threads opened here...
-------------------
make it simple...just show a picture of any displayed so called C-803 SSM on any defence exhibition events by the official source ,the manufactuer of C- serial Cruiser missile-航天科工集团 China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation.

something like this

J20!

Country flag
That's only your opinion. You have provided no mainstream citations to back up your view.

C-801/YJ-81 same family
C-802/YJ-82 same family
C-803/YJ-83 same family

Global Security and Deagel agree with me. Both Global Security and Deagel state that China's YJ-83 is also known as a variant of the C-803.
----------

No.

YJ83 is not = C803

Look through all the pics of ASM's at Zhuhai last year. C803 is a non-existant missile.

That's a common misconception amongst Western defense analysts when writing about the C802 missile family.

YJ83's export designation is C802A. Look up its specs at all the recent Zhuhai displays. Its a SUBSONIC missile with a stated 0.9 mach max speed.

Deagel isn't correct in this case mate. Plus, YJ12A is supersonic throughout its flight path as well.

Last edited:

Martian

Respected Member
No.

YJ83 is not = C802

That's a common misconception amongst Western defense analysts when writing about the C802 missile family.

YJ83's export designation is C802A. Look up its specs at all the recent Zhuhai displays. Its a SUBSONIC missile with a stated 0.9 mach max speed.

Deagel isn't correct in this case mate. Plus, YJ12A is supersonic throughout its flight path as well.
Some call it C-802A. Others choose to call it C-803.

The situation is similar to China's diesel-electric submarine.
Some call it Type 039B. Others choose to call it Type 041 Yuan-class submarine.

The nomenclature difference also extends to Chinese missiles.
Some call the navalized DF-41 ICBM as JL-2A. Others call it JL-3 SLBM.

You can make the argument that China's second stealth fighter is technically called the FC-31. Most people are unfamiliar with that designation. Thus, I and many others will keep calling it the J-31.

It is pointless to insist that only your nomenclature is correct. It is merely a matter of personal preference.

J20!

Country flag
Some call it C-802A. Others choose to call it C-803.

The situation is similar to China's diesel-electric submarine.
Some call it Type 039B. Others choose to call it Type 041 Yuan-class submarine.

The nomenclature difference also extends to Chinese missiles.
Some call the navalized DF-41 ICBM as JL-2A. Others call it JL-3 SLBM.

You can make the argument that China's second stealth fighter is technically called the FC-31. Most people are unfamiliar with that designation. Thus, I and many others will keep calling it the J-31.

It is pointless to insist that only your nomenclature is correct. It is merely a matter of personal preference.
Dude. Its not a matter of prefference. YJ83 is designation for the missile in service with the PLA and C802A is its export designation as allocated by the MANUFACTURER.

Its not up to opinion, C803 is a non-existant designation written in error by western defense analysts.

Read through this ezhaustive piece.

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/...-missiles-the-yj-83-c803-and-the-family-tree/

If you still insist on this misleading C803 nonsense, I'm starting to understand no_smoking's disdain for you.

Try fact-checking your posts mate.

Martian

Respected Member
Dude. Its not a matter of prefference. YJ83 is designation for the missile in service with the PLA and C802A is its export designation as allocated by the MANUFACTURER.

Its not up to opinion, C803 is a non-existant designation written in error by western defense analysts.

Read through this ezhaustive piece.

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/...-missiles-the-yj-83-c803-and-the-family-tree/

If you still insist on this misleading C803 nonsense, I'm starting to understand no_smoking's disdain for you.

Try fact-checking your posts mate.
The manufacturer says the proper name for the J-31 is the FC-31. Does anyone else besides the Chinese government or manufacturer call it the FC-31? Not really.

The navalized DF-31 ICBM is named JL-2 SLBM.
The navalized DF-41 ICBM should be named JL-3 SLBM. Yet, the Chinese government or manufacturer calls it the JL-2A.

The original cigar-shaped-nose Chinese submarine was named Type 039.
Yet, the tear-drop-shape Song class diesel-electric submarine was named Type 039A. Many people acknowledge the old original Type 039 is obsolete and just call the Song as the Type 039.
The Yuan-class diesel-electric submarine has AIP and can stay underwater for 3 to 6 weeks. Yet, the Chinese government or manufacturer calls it the Type 039B. No one in the West is going to memorize the A, B, and C designations for Chinese submarines. Thus, we call it the Type 041 Yuan-class submarine with AIP.

I don't have a problem with your preference to call it by the technically-correct Chinese government designation. However, most people use the common designations because it makes more sense and it is easier to distinguish between the Chinese weapon systems.
----------

Off-topic: Do you really think that I care what No_Smoking or anyone else really thinks about me? This is a hobby. Give me a break.

I think only two people like me. Grey Boy 2 and possibly Chinese Tiger 1986. Everybody else doesn't seem to like me. I've never been popular for some reason.

Anyway, since I'm probably the only Taiwanese-American of ethnic Chinese descent armchair-general on the Internet, I don't expect people to like me.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles