J-10 crashed in Hunan province, pilot died

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
RIP to the pilot.
Every fighter needs to overcome many such challenges.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Off-topic mate, but can you Chinese read Japanese and Korean script ?
There are a lot of traditional Chinese characters in Japanese language, so basically we can understand part of the Japanese script, but not much.

As for Korean script, many Chinese can indetify it is Korean, but can not understand Korean at all.

Iamanidiot

Chinese has a long of sanskrit derived words.Nimo-cn What is the religion of most people Taoism or Confucianism

nimo_cn

Country flag
Chinese has a long of sanskrit derived words.
It is off topic, but since you asked, i will do my best to answer it.

I haven't done much research on that subject, so my opinion may not be right.

As far as i know, there are Chinese words that are derived from sanskrit, most of them are about Buddhism.

The most popular one may be "阿弥陀佛"(Amitabha), which means infinite light in sanskrit, you would hear that a lot from Chinese monks if you come to Chinese temples. But seldom do Chinese know that is derived from sanskrit. Because of the peculiarity of Chinese language, words from foreign language can be integrated into Chinese well without leaving any distinct trace.

Nimo-cn What is the religion of most people Taoism or Confucianism
Confucianism can hardly be seen as a religion in China. It is more like an ideology. But its influence on Chinese is beyond any religion.

Taoism is a religion, there was a time during tang dynasty when it was treated as state religion and became very popular. But for now, its influence is very limited.

The most influencial religion in China is still Buddhism, and will be Buddhism for a long time in the future.
Because since Buddhism was introduced to China, Chinese have put a lot of elements from Confucianism into Buddhsim, combined the two together and turned Buddhism into a religion diffrerent from its original one, which makes Buddhism more favorable to Chinese society.

nimo_cn

Country flag
ok so the news is untrue is what our chinese friends are telling might be they are correct but do you have any official denial statement or any news on this anywhere in china then please share
if the news is true we need to mourn the pilot death human life is always valuable over any other argument RIP
CCP is not fond of denying such an unimportant untrue report.

And it is funny that so many Indian members here expressed their condolence before this news is confirmed. Isn't it too obvious? You can save that after more informaton is revealed, i believe that would be more appropriate.

Iamanidiot

Thanks nimo-cn
Not only those there are many other words
Mandarin is a derivative of the Sanskrit word Mantri(minister).
In ancient India (500BC-1000AD) the word cina,sina meant silk and also used to say land of silk
It is the same in most cases of languages not only chinese they become a corrupt word we have to use philology to trace it.How much of Buddhism do chinese adhere in real life.Do you practice hinayanism or mahayanism.Tibet practices vajrayanism if iam not wrong.

What made buddhism so popular?

A.V.

CCP is not fond of denying such an unimportant untrue report.

And it is funny that so many Indian members here expressed their condolence before this news is confirmed. Isn't it too obvious? You can save that after more informaton is revealed, i believe that would be more appropriate.
if the ccp has not released anything then how did you know its untrue and unimportant maybe after 8 years we get to hear it then...
and why is it unimportant loss of human life if true dosent it matter?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Thanks nimo-cn
Not only those there are many other words
Mandarin is a derivative of the Sanskrit word Mantri(minister).
In ancient India (500BC-1000AD) the word cina,sina meant silk and also used to say land of silk
It is the same in most cases of languages not only chinese they become a corrupt word we have to use philology to trace it.
Technically speaking, Mandarin is just one of the many dialects of Chinese, what makes it special is that it is chosen as the standard Chinese.
There is a lot of dialects in China, especially in the south of China. But all of the them share the same Chinese character system, they were called dialects because of the differences of their pronunciations. Before Mandarin is choosed as the standard Chinese, it is spoken by local people in Beijing, so Mandarin is also called Bejing dialect(北京话).

So the core of Chinese language is the character system, Chinese language uses characters to deliver information rather than using pronunciation, and that makes Chinese language stay almost unchanged for a long history, because the character system is almost unchanged.

I don't know how the word madarin comes into being, but it is English word, whether it is a derivative of the Sanskrit word Mantri(minister) has nothing to do with Chinese language.

How much of Buddhism do chinese adhere in real life.Do you practice hinayanism or mahayanism.Tibet practices vajrayanism if iam not wrong.
There is no strict criteria to determine who is a real Buddhist, so it is almost impossible to count the population of Buddhist in China.
Many Chinese may visit temple once in a while, but they can hardly be called buddhist, so i can't answer that.
Mahayana is more popular, its commandments are not as strict as hinayana, but i am not sure.
And yes, tibetans practise vajrayana.

Most Chinese like me do not care about religion a lot, so i am sorry i can not give you further information with regard to this issue.

What made buddhism so popular?
I think i have pointed out, Chinese people have reconstructed Buddhism and made it more compatible with Chinese culture.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
if the ccp has not released anything then how did you know its untrue and unimportant maybe after 8 years we get to hear it then...
and why is it unimportant loss of human life if true dosent it matter?
Yes, i am not sure it is untrue, but you are not sure it is ture, aren't you?
Loss of human life does matter, but send condolence to a family before you are even sure there are life loss in that family, is that a polite behavior?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Yes, i am not sure it is untrue, but you are not sure it is ture, aren't you?
Loss of human life does matter, but send condolence to a family before you are even sure there are life loss in that family, is that a polite behavior?
You got a very good point Nimo, its not Polite to send condolensces to a family without knowing if the loss is Real. We are sorry if its an untrue incident. But can I ask you? Is it Polite behaviour to not acknowledge a death at all? I mean when is China forthcoming with such Incidents? Whenever something happens, they activate the Iron Curtain and sit back!

nimo_cn

Country flag
But can I ask you? Is it Polite behaviour to not acknowledge a death at all? I mean when is China forthcoming with such Incidents? Whenever something happens, they activate the Iron Curtain and sit back!
I didn't defend CCP's way of dealing with accidents. There are too much cover-ups in China, which is sad.

But everything is getting better, take the coal mine accident for example, it was almost impposible for you to read any news about coal mine accidents in China back to 1980s, but now wherever there is coal mine accident, it will be reported by media. And media loves reporting such news, as a reslult, people are getting tired of such news.

However, becaue of the particularity of military accidents, many countries choose to keep them secret. I can understand why CCP is unwilling to reveal such accidents.

Last edited:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I didn't defend CCP's way of dealing with accidents. There are too much cover-ups in China, which is sad.

But everything is getting better, take the coal mine accident for example, it was almost impposible for you to read any news about coal mine accidents in China back to 1980s, but now wherever there is coal mine accident, it will be reported by media. And media loves reporting such news, as a reslult, people are getting tired of such news.

However, becaue of the particularity of military accidents, many countries choose to keep them secret.
True, there might be some change, but dont say "Many" countries keep military accidents a secret. Hell if an under prod Su30 falls of a prod line, we hear it in India! Its only some repressive countries which keep such news Hidden. China is sadly one of them. I admire China, and things maybe changing (I dont know for sure), but then, all this Propoganda and 50cent attitude should be thrown away.

nimo_cn

Country flag
True, there might be some change, but dont say "Many" countries keep military accidents a secret. Hell if an under prod Su30 falls of a prod line, we hear it in India! Its only some repressive countries which keep such news Hidden. China is sadly one of them. I admire China, and things maybe changing (I dont know for sure), but then, all this Propoganda and 50cent attitude should be thrown away.
You can disagree with me, but tagging me as 50cent is out of line!
If you just want to badmouth CCP, go ahead.

And many countries do cover up their own military accidents.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
You can disagree with me, but tagging me as 50cent is out of line!
If you just want to badmouth CCP, go ahead.

And many countries do cover up their own military accidents.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, for I never tagged you as a 50cents poster. I just told that those sorta behavious should be changed for China to be truly believed by us, when they say, No Plane Crashed and No one was hurt! Sorry again, I didnt mean anything else.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles