Its Not Buddhists Killing Muslims In Myanmar, Its Rohingya Muslims Killing Buddhists From 1947

here2where

i was watching BBC piece on this rohingya issue. if we replace a few words of what the guy was saying, replace buddhists with hindus, rohingya with kashmiri muslims , myanmar with india/kashmir, burmese hindus with kashmiri pundits , it is kashmir story of early 90's all over again.

same ditto narrative, different players..
HIndus are minority there and its a given they will suffer at the hands of both the buddhists and the rohingyas. Actually hindus there are caught in the cross fire . I hoped for Buddhists to show more balls against these marauding muzzies. I guess the muzzie problem was kept in check during their military years. Now that this woman with a free Nobel started ruling the country, the rats are raising their heads and becoming a nuisance.

Its better to have military rule and squash the rohingyas once and for all. Has two benefits - muzzie problem solved within myanmar and other neighbouring countries don't have to deal with the scurrying rats coming over the fence.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lord Buddha Would Have Helped Rohingya Muslims, Says Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama expressed sadness over the violence in Myanmar's Rakhine state

Dalai Lama spoke out for the first time about the Rohingya refugee crisis, saying Buddha would have helped Muslims fleeing violence in Buddhist-majority Burma.

"Those people who are sort of harassing some Muslims, they should remember Buddha," the Dalai Lama told journalists who asked him about the crisis on Friday evening.

"He would definitely give help to those poor Muslims. So still I feel that. So very sad."

The United Nations says 294,000 bedraggled and exhausted Rohingya refugees have arrived in Bangladesh since the militants' attacks on Burma security forces in neighbouring Rakhine state on August 25 sparked a major military backlash.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Dalai Lama spoke out for the first time about the Rohingya refugee crisis, saying Buddha would have helped Muslims fleeing violence in Buddhist-majority Burma.

"Those people who are sort of harassing some Muslims, they should remember Buddha," the Dalai Lama told journalists who asked him about the crisis on Friday evening.

"He would definitely give help to those poor Muslims. So still I feel that. So very sad."

The United Nations says 294,000 bedraggled and exhausted Rohingya refugees have arrived in Bangladesh since the militants' attacks on Burma security forces in neighbouring Rakhine state on August 25 sparked a major military backlash.
Nice timing @ Dalai Lama :wink:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Nice timing @ Dalai Lama :wink:
question is, a lone Lord Buddha, could he have himself survived the tableeghi jamaat or jihadi onslaught to have saved rohingya muslims?! :creepy:
or, did he mean, his Dhamma-prachaaraks would've brought the rohingyas under the fold of Buddha and the Dhamma = 'help'?! :biggrin2:
that then would've been something!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
If Buddha was there, he really would have helped rohingyas by guiding them towards right Dharma and he would not have needed to use swords either. Hence, I am in agreement with Dalai Lama.
You missed the point, Dalai lama kept silence when Rohingyas were kicked out, he spoken so late because he himself wanted them to be kicked out.

question is, a lone Lord Buddha, could he have himself survived the tableeghi jamaat or jihadi onslaught to have saved rohingya muslims?! :creepy:
or, did he mean, his Dhamma-prachaaraks would've brought the rohingyas under the fold of Buddha and the Dhamma = 'help'?! :biggrin2:
that then would've been something!
You cannot convert a mad guy into anything, after reading Islamic religious texts it is not possible to become sane again since they consider Mohammad as the last messenger. :daru:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
You cannot convert a mad guy into anything, after reading Islamic religious texts it is not possible to become sane again since they consider Mohammad as the last messenger.
largely true, but not impossible. check about Mahendra Pal Arya, who was no less than a maulana in his earlier life! since 35 years he's been giving nightmares to the mulla-circuit!

there are several 'muslims' as well who turned atheists (some, Dhaarmics, like youtuber farhan qureshi) after reading and understanding truths about mohd & islam in a rational light. long back, one old member here was telling about how his peer-group used to shield an atheist muslim in his circle at college from 'troubles'. :lol:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

The Dalai Lama expressed sadness over the violence in Myanmar's Rakhine state

BTW, as an afterthought, either DL was cunning with timing of his statement as @A chauhan wrote, that, or, it was a moorkhatapoorna or aviveki statement (with all due respect to the towering figure); the same moorkhata that was seen during the chinese invasion of Tibet, when the higher officials of Tibet were caught in the trap of morality, mulling whether it would be right to retaliate or not! :dude:

dhananjay1

BTW, as an afterthought, either DL was cunning with timing of his statement as @A chauhan wrote, that, or, it was a moorkhatapoorna or aviveki statement (with all due respect to the towering figure); the same moorkhata that was seen during the chinese invasion of Tibet, when the higher officials of Tibet were caught in the trap of morality, mulling whether it would be right to retaliate or not! :dude:
Tibetan never had any problem with slaughtering enemies. The hesitation was more to do with whether they could afford to openly fight commie regime or not. As it turned out they were to backward militarily to take on commies.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Tibetan never had any problem with slaughtering enemies. The hesitation was more to do with whether they could afford to openly fight commie regime or not. As it turned out they were to backward militarily to take on commies.
thanks for clearing that. while i knew that common Tibetan folk and soldiers had fought against the chink invaders (from a visual memory i have of the truckloads of rifles and weapons seized from them), i was in confusion about the hesitation on the part of the higher-ups.

nevertheless, the pol correct statement of Dalai Lama is not easy to be gulped down. its not adharma to fight and fend off an aggressor, for to usher spiritually in a peaceful environment, the cost can be war to first secure that peace from the clutches of the predator(s)!
@Nicky G, notice a slight parallel here between JV on lankesh & DL on rohingyas.

dhananjay1

thanks for clearing that. while i knew that common Tibetan folk and soldiers had fought against the chink invaders (from a visual memory i have of the truckloads of rifles and weapons seized from them), i was in confusion about the hesitation on the part of the higher-ups.

nevertheless, the pol correct statement of Dalai Lama is not easy to be gulped down. its not adharma to fight and fend off an aggressor, for to usher spiritually in a peaceful environment, the cost can be war to first secure that peace from the clutches of the predator(s)!
@Nicky G, notice a slight parallel here between JV on lankesh & DL on rohingyas.
Not just common Tibetans, but many monks were essentially soldiers. Many Tibetan monasteries were fortresses with armies of their own. They used to fight other orders and monasteries. It's no coincidence that Potala palace looks like a fortress.

Vijyes

In buddhism violence is prohibited. That is why buddhism is degradation of dharma. It is said that the spirit of dharma himsa was destroyed by buddhism in India leading to poor resistance against Islamic invasion. Buddhism= Dharma-himsa

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Cunning in what sense? I didn't get it.

airtel

Country flag
Cunning in what sense? I didn't get it.

there are so many Buddhists in India who can become Victims of Islamic terrorism & Riots ................So He is Giving such statements to protect those Buddhists from Jehadi attacks .

square

Strategic Issues
does these rohangyas living in myanmar from centuries .

or

are they just bangalies who flees to safty from bangladesh during 1971...

?

Willy2

Tibetan are much more ferocious , at early 20th century when Tiber declare independence from Manchu-China , they basically slaughtered han chinese throughout inner and outer tibet who are bring there by mancus for demographic shift ...

But a mob can't as capable as soldiers , as mostly tibtan live in inner-Tibet , the area captured by CCP in 1948-49 with very large military forces and as a revenge act Tibetan were slaughtered too and han are reestablish ...after that loss lowly populated with 8000 army , Outer Tibet have no chance against Chinkis unless India stand by them , which Nehru never did

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What culture you r talking about? We r multi etnic multi cultural nation.
We are a hindu country first and foremost. Deal with it. Two whore houses called Pakistan and Bangladesh is open for the filth which are multi culti and open about their cultures. You are welcome to join them along with urban family

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles