ITCM cruise missiles

The Shrike

Country flag
let's assume IA needs 1000 ITCM in their inventory by 2029.
in 2022 given the available news updates on ITCM/Nirbhay, is it already too late?
Probably too late already. Even if one assumes that everything goes fine going forwards it will still need years to complete development and testing, setting up of production line, standing up military units and infrastructure.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
If there are issues in ITCM why the base nirbhay missiles is not being mass produced.
A missile with foreign engine is way better than the missile that doesn't work.
Additionally it should be integrated on ships, submarine and jets

Chinmoy

Country flag
You might have missed the heading itself.

Hyderabad-based Paninian India Private Limited has completed the “conceptual validation” of 4.5 KN Turbojet Engine. Ex-DRDO scientist and jet engine experts working on the project.

Means they have yet to develop a prototype itself.

Now let me present before you Raj Kapoor of Indian private defence industry.

What are your capabilities?

By building the artillery gun, we demonstrated our engineering capability. We are building jet engines — small ones, not as big as those by Rolls -Royce — for helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.

Is the jet engine indigenous?

The UAV engine we are doing indigenously. I have told my engineers in Pune that I want to see the engine in one year.
business-standard.com/article/companies/we-are-building-jet-engines-baba-kalyani-116021500856_1.html

This interview is from 2016. And what have we got? A 1.1 kN engine as a showpiece in expo and nothing beyond that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles