ISRO Vs NASA Space paper ad.. WOW

bhramos

Country flag

Most of the scientists in NASA are indians, i used to feel bad, because Indians working for foreigners to earn money. But Now in comparing ISRO and NASA — I am feeling very proud.

sorry i have no original source or date of this ad

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Why ISRO's Mars mission,launching next week, is the cheapest
LINK:
articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-10-31/news/43561612_1_moon-mission-chandrayaan-i-isro

Bheeshma

ISRO is rushing though and have learned to live on a budget. Secondly most NASA scientists are not Indians but there are enough.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
All the Indian scientists in NASA are the low cadre non-creative ones that are just left to do the repetitive work that no high level scientists need to bother, like data entry and looking through huge amount of data to find errors. Nothing creative, they destroy the creative bit in India when they leave IIT.

pmaitra

All the Indian scientists in NASA are the low cadre non-creative ones that are just left to do the repetitive work that no high level scientists need to bother, like data entry and looking through huge amount of data to find errors. Nothing creative, they destroy the creative bit in India when they leave IIT.
All of them? How could you be so sure? Any references?

pmaitra

Last edited by a moderator:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
The ad comparison is pointless. What was the scope of both missions (NASA vs ISRO), what are their objectives, how sophisticated are the instruments onboard, what is the planned longevity of each mission, this and many other factors contribute to the time, cost and efforts that are put in by the space agencies.

Yes, ISRO has come a long way, but to make a comparison with NASA is just silly. Anyone who's acquainted with the Mars Rover mission and the tremendous amount of scientific and engineering work that went into it will realize that there is really no space agency in the world that even comes close to NASA's expertise in space exploration.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
All of them? How could you be so sure? Any references?
What about security clearances, can people who are not US citizens get clearances easily ?
Otherwise it might suggest that they're US citizens of Indian heritage or that they may be doing some "low-cadre" jobs, as @Godless-Kafir put it.
Anyway the 36 % figure is a hoax. It is such a ridiculous figure.

The article you posted above is dated Mar 11, 2008.
Here's an article that came out the very next day:
India rising in US: Govt falls victim to net hoax - Times Of India
WASHINGTON: It's an Internet myth that has taken on a life of its own. No matter how often you slay this phony legend, it keeps popping up again like some hydra-headed beast.

But on Monday, the Indian government itself consecrated the oft-circulated fiction as fact in Parliament, possibly laying itself open to a breach of privilege. By relaying to Rajya Sabha members (as reported in The Times of India) a host of unsubstantiated and inflated figures about Indian professionals in US, the government also made a laughing stock of itself.

The figures provided by the Minister of State for Human Resource Development Purandeshwari included claims that 38 per cent of doctors in US are Indians, as are 36 per cent of NASA scientists and 34 per cent of Microsoft employees.

There is no survey that establishes these numbers, and absent a government clarification, it appears that the figures come from a shop-worn Internet chain mail that has been in circulation for many years. Spam has finally found its way into the Indian parliament dressed up as fact.

Attempts by this correspondent over the years to authenticate the figures have shown that it is exaggerated, and even false. Both Microsoft and NASA say they don't keep an ethnic headcount. While they acknowledge that a large number of their employees are of Indian origin, it is hardly in the 30-35 per cent range.

In a 2003 interview with this correspondent, Microsoft chief Bill Gates guessed that the number of Indians in the engineering sections of the company was perhaps in the region of 20 per cent, but he thought the overall figure was not true. NASA workers say the number of Indians in the organization is in the region of 4-5 per cent, but the 36 per cent figure is pure fiction.
So please stop spreading such hoaxes. It just makes Indians look desperate.
Another famous hoax is that UNESCO or whatever chose the Indian Anthem as the best anthem. That is also untrue.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
unfortunately the system will not allow me to respond with just one word :-

bull !!

drkrn

Most of the scientists in NASA are indians, i used to feel bad, because Indians working for foreigners to earn money. But Now in comparing ISRO and NASA — I am feeling very proud.

sorry i have no original source or date of this ad
nasa and isro are class apart.

they differ even from early stages of conception to delivery of work. design, quality of materials used,space delivery vehicle,different hi tech instruments,new generation ground breaking tech
NASA has the habit of adding atleast one new tech/machine in their next mission....

no doubt isro did exceedingly well with its limited resources...after all thats what we are.we are INDIANS

drkrn

ISRO is rushing though and have learned to live on a budget. Secondly most NASA scientists are not Indians but there are enough.
sources which i saw few years back say around 30 percent....not sure now.

even abdul kalam during early stages of his career went to NASA.that's the first step for INDIAN space programme

drkrn

so your point is-every non indian at nasa is creative...

people occupy various positions basing upon their talent not ethnicity in USA.various statistics say that INDIANS have way far higher economy and educations than fellow americans.i highly doubt that INDIANS will be willing to work at a secondary position

drkrn

What about security clearances, can people who are not US citizens get clearances easily ?
Otherwise it might suggest that they're US citizens of Indian heritage or that they may be doing some "low-cadre" jobs, as @Godless-Kafir put it.
Anyway the 36 % figure is a hoax. It is such a ridiculous figure.

The article you posted above is dated Mar 11, 2008.
Here's an article that came out the very next day:
India rising in US: Govt falls victim to net hoax - Times Of India

So please stop spreading such hoaxes. It just makes Indians look desperate.
Another famous hoax is that UNESCO or whatever chose the Indian Anthem as the best anthem. That is also untrue.
oh so sorry to hear this..why do speople spread such rumours about natonal anthems.....

thanks for putting in the facts.

but INDIANS in nasa could be 4-5%,but as a doctor i can say Indian doctors are far more higher in usa.dont know even if its more than 30%.

Tolaha

Did you discover that during your earlier stint in NASA or you deducted it from your personal experience?

sources which i saw few years back say around 30 percent....not sure now.

even abdul kalam during early stages of his career went to NASA.that's the first step for INDIAN space programme
Some Internet hoax have a far longer shelf life than one would like! As @Razor rightly pointed out, the story about 1/3rd of NASA scientists being Indian origin is a popular Internet story without any basis that was picked up by a Minister and reported in the Rajya Sabha! It makes Indians look so gullible!

pmaitra

Did you discover that during your earlier stint in NASA or you deducted it from your personal experience?
I think he discovered it during his earlier stint at NASA.* The second option would be too demeaning, methinks.

I like your comeback though. It's time to challenge all these myths being propagated without any verification.

* - sarcasm

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

Some Internet hoax have a far longer shelf life than one would like! As @Razor rightly pointed out, the story about 1/3rd of NASA scientists being Indian origin is a popular Internet story without any basis that was picked up by a Minister and reported in the Rajya Sabha! It makes Indians look so gullible!

I have deduced it from the drove of relatives and friends i have their, many of them are all very junior scientists and only head minor data entery projects not anything creative. The head of creativity is always an white american, they use them as mere assistants to help do the lab work.

Tolaha

I have deduced it from the drove of relatives and friends i have their, many of them are all very junior scientists and only head minor data entery projects not anything creative. The head of creativity is always an white american, they use them as mere assistants to help do the lab work.
Okay, I did a google search for you and came up with a few links:

NASA consultant hails role of Indian origin scientists in Curiosity mission - Indian Express

Top 5 Indians Working at NASA

List of Indian Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Has NASA mentioned in a couple of places)

Obviously, you need to dump your drove of friends and find new ones brah! :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles