Bharatiya Antarikhsa Station (2028)

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
The habitat module should launch 1st Power control and maintaining orbit would be much easy task. Core can then launch next to expand.
EhNV9GwUYAE5ZW9 (1).jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars right we are going for a little independent Modular Space Spaction under the 1,00,000 kilogram Category and is seriously being considered as a follow up for the Gaganyaan missions. :cool1:

Haldilal

Country flag
RLV is a critical part for sure, but a Earth Orbit Rendezvous of lander + stage (similar to ULA ACES) would work best for ISRO imo. Single Module Lunar Cyclers, derived from Space Stations are also an open option for scalability, but will need LEO refuelling. station development takes a lot of time and perhaps a lot more investment. Ferrying vessels can take a lot of forms. I think the first module to launch should have power, guidance amd propulsion for docking with later modules.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Model of ISRO proposed space station with Gaganyaan module docked with it. The station will be more than 20 tonnes in weight & will be placed in a Low Earth Orbit at 400 km. It will be capable of housing 3 humans for 15–20 days. Estimated time of completion is around 2025-29.
EhmO6sFXYAUc17q.jpeg
EhmO6scWkAEwWGl.jpeg
EhmO6qbX0AACj9y.jpeg
EhmO6wPWAAIVP95.jpeg

Last edited:

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Model of ISRO proposed space station with Gaganyaan module docked with it. The station will be 20 ton in weight & will be placed in a Low Earth Orbit at 400 km. It will be capable of housing 3 humans for 15–20 days. Estimated time of completion is around 2025-29.
View attachment 58918View attachment 58919View attachment 58920View attachment 58921
I might be wrong I see 4 modules in the pic, any plans on more expansion?
Also can I get any diagrammatic representation of the orbit...

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
I recently read of ISRO's plan on permanent settlement on the moon, in that case they could very well try to make the space station akin to NASA's Gateway program, don't you guys think?

Haldilal

Country flag
I might be wrong I see 4 modules in the pic, any plans on more expansion?
Also can I get any diagrammatic representation of the orbit...
One is a core module and another is the gaganyaan the core module has six connectors so the Space station could be expanded to six or more modules with a weight of 1,00,000 Kg max.

Haldilal

Country flag
which version of our Sat Launchers will launch these heavy modules? Whats the current progress on these launchers?
GSLV MK 3 with SEC 200 lower stage engine.

Eva Braun

Country flag
In 2007, Jim Burke from the International Space University in France said that humans should plan for the preservation of human culture in the event of an asteroid-Earth collision that halted civilization. Noah's Lunar Ark was proposed. Subsequent planning can be adopted by the International Moon Exploration Working Group (ILEWG).

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Not related to ISRO's Space Station but not entirely irrelevant.
On the challenge of integrating a docking system that is compatible, he said standard docking systems are in the public domain.
“...Whoever can design a docking system that matches with the US design and standard, can be used. However, we will still need to have agreements with agencies to try it out given that there are multiple interfaces — electrical, mechanical and so on. It is not just one document, we will need to work with them to develop it. We will do that.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

F6NmnxwasAAicN4.jpeg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I'm too lazy to see video.

Next 20 years timeline is for a proper modular space station like ISS/Mir/Tiangong or just for building a small skylab they were planning to build in 2030s?
Nowhere mentioned, just said they'll build a space station in next 20 to 25 years.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

GAFkoc7aYAAxRNk.jpeg

Reactions: SKC

Global Defence

New threads

Articles