ISRO General News and Updates

Swesh

Ariane-5 VA257, scheduled for 22 June 2022 launch with CMS-02 (aka GSAT-24) and MEASAT-3d

Next Arianespace launch scheduled for June 22 with Ariane 5

-Ariane flight 257 is scheduled for June 22.

– The first Ariane 5 of the year will orbit two geostationary telecommunication satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24.
– Mission VA257 will help improve the broadband coverage in the Asia-Pacific region.

This Ariane 5 launch from the Guiana Space Center, Europe’s Spaceport, is scheduled for June 22, during a launch window from 21:03 to 22:43 UTC.
The satellites will be launched for two major actors and long-standing Arianespace customers: MEASAT, the leading Malaysian satellite operator, and NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), a Government of India company under Department of Space (DOS).
MEASAT-3d, to be co-located with MEASAT-3a and MEASAT-3b at the 91.5°E orbital slot, is a multi-mission telecommunications satellite built by Airbus Defence and Space. This new satellite will significantly enhance broadband speeds of up to 100 Mbps per user in areas with limited or no terrestrial network throughout Malaysia while continuing to provide redundancy and additional capacity for video distribution in HD, 4K, and ultimately 8K in the Asia-Pacific region.
GSAT-24, a Ku-band 4-ton class communications satellite built by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) for NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) that will provide high-quality television, telecommunications and broadcasting services over India. GSAT-24 satellite is the 1st Demand Driven communication satellite mission undertaken by NSIL.
Departure of GSAT 24 from NSIL to France guena launch centre

Swesh

Blademaster

This is one area where I disagree with Modi and disappointed in. I will criticize Modi on this aspect since he is the self appointed Minister of Space. Modi needs to do a better job of supporting ISRO.

Swesh

This is one area where I disagree with Modi and disappointed in. I will criticize Modi on this aspect since he is the self appointed Minister of Space. Modi needs to do a better job of supporting ISRO.
Word is called eyewash... Should be used here

Swesh

Data seems inaccurate, how expenditure much higher then actual budget?
actual Dos budget/Total expenditure (total national budget)
You might be reading it wrong data itself taken from various budget ishueed by government of india

SKC

Country flag
From 2014 budget going down, it means govt not much supporting
Isn't it based on the requirement from agency.
If ISRO did not had requirement of increase in budget for 2020-22 due to COVID (they are blowing COVID trumpet themselves since last 2 yr) then the budget allotted will automatically decrease.

They are not doing launches in the same rate as before. Gaganyaan project is delayed. Only Chandrayaan 3 is in progress in priority.

SKC

Country flag
How can we expect from ISRO with peanut budget and such govt support.
They are getting what they ask for. Last 2 year ISRO PR only saying all the time, we got stuck with Covid and projects are delayed. Then what kind of money you are expecting to be put into their wallet.

I suspect have they even consumed the budget allotted to them in previous years fully?
Even with full budget the performance in recent year took nose dive and it shows up in the forum here.

Hope that with new chairman things go north again.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles