ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
Problem lies with the boss of ISRO chief, K. Sivan is just a favourite scapegoat of people who don't want to point fingers at their favourite leader.
Changing Sivan won't do much, let's just hope that Gaganyaan mission doesn't meet the same fate as CY-2.
But one must accept the fact that ISRO's accountability went down under Dr.Sivan. They literally cited NatSec as a reason when asked for the CY-2 FAC report.ISRO's accountability is far better under Dr. A S Kiran Kumar who was in office from 2015 to 2018.

FalconZero

Country flag
But one must accept the fact that ISRO's accountability went down under Dr.Sivan. They literally cited NatSec as a reason when asked for the CY-2 FAC report.ISRO's accountability is far better under Dr. A S Kiran Kumar who was in office from 2015 to 2018.
And it was most likely due to the pressure from the government, that's the entire point. Sivan is a scientist not a babu or a neta, it's not like they give him any choice. And yes, i agree about the rest. I remember talking to my friends during my 12th or so it was like one launch every one and a half month or so and saying that it's pretty normal for isro and then came the dark times.

I can't fathom how much hatred i have for this government and gaganyaan project. Anyway, let's see what we get.

Vamsi

Country flag
And it was most likely due to the pressure from the government, that's the entire point. Sivan is a scientist not a babu or a neta, it's not like they give him any choice. And yes, i agree about the rest. I remember talking to my friends during my 12th or so it was like one launch every one and a half month or so and saying that it's pretty normal for isro and then came the dark times.

I can't fathom how much hatred i have for this government and gaganyaan project. Anyway, let's see what we get.
Dr. Kiran Kumar was also under the same BJP government.Then ISRO's accountability is not as bad as now.

Last edited:

FalconZero

Country flag
Dr. Kiran Kumar was also under the same BJP government.Then ISRO's accountability is not as bad as now.
Things change, 3 years ago we would not have expected the decline, ISRO was talking about 12 launches per year so on.
Then covid and gaganyaan was made the priority and here we are with ISRO trying to hide their faces.

Anything official yet. I have been listening same for two years.
He is pretty trustable source, eric berger of India.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The news would be positive and obvious anyway. Somanath was space secretary and VSSC head. So, he was always only person in race to fill Sivan's exit.

He's the visionary of ISRO's future plans. Most of ISRO's long term plans, super heavy rockets and interplanetary projects we see are from presentations of Somanath.

Somanath might push & execute ISRO's projects faster especially development of HLV & SHLV, he keeps talking about.

Vamsi

Country flag
The news would be positive and obvious anyway. Somanath was space secretary and VSSC head. So, he was always only person in race to fill Sivan's exit.

He's the visionary of ISRO's future plans. Most of ISRO's long term plans, super heavy rockets and interplanetary projects we see are from presentations of Somanath.

Somanath might push & execute ISRO's projects faster especially development of HLV & SHLV, he keeps talking about.
I hope he releases CY-2 FAC

Vamsi

Country flag
Things change, 3 years ago we would not have expected the decline, ISRO was talking about 12 launches per year so on.
Then covid and gaganyaan was made the priority and here we are with ISRO trying to hide their faces.

He is pretty trustable source, eric berger of India.
When twitter user name frustrated pluto filed RTI about CY-3 tests, they replied that they can't share info because of NatSec reasons. Only after repeatedly grilling them, they gave the Info about CY-3 tests.You cannot blame govt or Gaganyaan project for above.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I hope he releases CY-2 FAC
Or might launch a new moon exploration program instead of Chandryaan series. All eyes are now on Gaganyaan.
Chandrayaan-3 is nothing more than a robotic landing experiment for now. Making heavy launchers and sending humans to space is real deal. That would allow far heavier missions to moon & Mars instead of sending symbolic demonstrators.

India doesn't have anything equivalent to Delta-IV Heavy, CZ-5, Proton-M, Ariane 5 and even H-IIB rockets yet.

Vamsi

Country flag
Or might launch a new moon exploration program instead of Chandryaan series. All eyes are now on Gaganyaan.
Chandrayaan-3 is nothing more than a robotic landing experiment for now. Making heavy launchers and sending humans to space is real deal. That would allow far heavier missions to moon & Mars instead of sending symbolic demonstrators.

India doesn't have anything equivalent to Delta-IV Heavy, CZ-5, Proton-M, Ariane 5 and even H-IIB rocket yet.
Immediately after CY-2 failure there were reports that ISRO submitted roadmap for lunar exploration to the govt. Let's see what happens

FalconZero

Country flag

India doesn't have anything equivalent to Delta-IV Heavy, CZ-5, Proton-M, Ariane 5 and even H-IIB rockets yet.
If ISRO says that we are not planning for Moon base by the end of the decade i am going to loose myself. Of course it's only possible once SCE200 successfully performs and we get SHLV. I am more excited about the prospects of HLV than anything.

Our new goal for Moon mission should be Moon Base, Dakshin Gangotri of our times. Should name it Chandra station 😄

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
If ISRO says that we are not planning for Moon base by the end of the decade i am going to loose myself. Of course it's only possible once SCE200 successfully performs and we get SHLV. I am more excited about the prospects of HLV than anything.

Our new goal for Moon mission should be Moon Base, Dakshin Gangotri of our times. Should name it Chandra station 😄
Even making a fully operational space station in earth's orbit by end of the decade is unrealistic for DoS. Leave alone moon base.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles