ISRO General News and Updates

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Delay delay delay
Lol…I bet on this delay. ISRO won’t be able to launch any manned mission until 2030. They simply don’t have the in-house talent to do so. They keep saying help will be taken from several countries and these countries if plagued by the Wuhan virus are going to put helping ISRO in the low priority.

At this point, anyone and everyone can see that ISRO has serious talent shortage and no will/drive to execute big projects on time. The China virus is just an excuse. The entire leadership team and the way ISRO is being run has to be re-examined. And I am sorry but Dr. K. Sivan has to go. I have zero confidence in his ability as a leader. He has not delivered and has set the program back.

Akula

Country flag
Lol…I bet on this delay. ISRO won’t be able to launch any manned mission until 2030. They simply don’t have the in-house talent to do so. They keep saying help will be taken from several countries and these countries if plagued by the Wuhan virus are going to put helping ISRO in the low priority.

At this point, anyone and everyone can see that ISRO has serious talent shortage and no will/drive to execute big projects on time. The China virus is just an excuse. The entire leadership team and the way ISRO is being run has to be re-examined. And I am sorry but Dr. K. Sivan has to go. I have zero confidence in his ability as a leader. He has not delivered and has set the program back.
He has been given extension of 1 year by the government. Next year in January he will retire.

mandestiny

Country flag

I don't think ISRO has talent problem.

Problem is leadership, change the leader and see things will start working. Even no clue about Cy3 timeline.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
He has been given extension of 1 year by the government. Next year in January he will retire.
I think he should take responsibility and resign. He has failed and as a leader and he needs to step down demonstrating that leadership performance has to be taken seriously. ISRO needs a dynamic administrator and not just someone being promoted for working there forever. The internal politics is excessive and performance debilitating. The biggest frustration is announcing a date and then delaying and doing this repeatedly, which shows high levels of unprofessional behavior.
‘Now I am 100% sure and very saddened that under the current administrative model, ISRO will not be a key player in international space programs.

ketaki

Country flag
i m not surprised at all...ISRO works in that "speed" wonleee saar...

compare that with JFK declaring in 1961 (with NASA having only handful of "manned space hours" as an achievement) to land a man on the moon before the decade is out and NASA doing it in july 1969...

i m happy that at least modi made them seriously do HSP mission (literally declaring it on top of the red fort) even if he tasked them to do by 2022/23

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
They simply don’t have the in-house talent to do so.
They need a network of 40 ground stations and 2-4 data transmission satellites. No administrator in the world has "talent" to produce them by farting from his @**. Construction takes time and talent manpower isn't an issue.
All humans have minds to execute tasks they are trained for. There aren't any superior or inferior, more or less talented races than Indians.

mandestiny

Country flag
I think he should take responsibility and resign. He has failed and as a leader and he needs to step down demonstrating that leadership performance has to be taken seriously. ISRO needs a dynamic administrator and not just someone being promoted for working there forever. The internal politics is excessive and performance debilitating. The biggest frustration is announcing a date and then delaying and doing this repeatedly, which shows high levels of unprofessional behavior.
‘Now I am 100% sure and very saddened that under the current administrative model, ISRO will not be a key player in international space programs.
We need to keep in mind, every person cant be a good leader. He is great scientist but not a great leader. Leadership come by born not artificially.

mandestiny

Country flag
i m not surprised at all...ISRO works in that "speed" wonleee saar...

compare that with JFK declaring in 1961 (with NASA having only handful of "manned space hours" as an achievement) to land a man on the moon before the decade is out and NASA doing it in july 1969...

i m happy that at least modi made them seriously do HSP mission (literally declaring it on top of the red fort) even if he tasked them to do by 2022/23
As govt given ISRO a project, now ISRO realize the real experience. Previously they just say theoretically that they will do in 1/2 years but now things are getting real , and in real world u cant make mistake.

Varoon2

Country flag

Start-up company Pixxel, ready to launch its satellite now, after absence in February PSLV mission.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

The American Thinker Buckminster Fuller said that our planet Space Ship Earth.

And on the other hand the British Scientist James Lovelock said that our planet was a life form named Gaia.

But the British Scientists Richard Dawkins said the Humans can be considered as the geans thats trying to replicate iteslf that's the natural behaviors of the life form's.

Michael Ende once compared that the Humans are the gems cells that's the cancer trying to destroy the earth.

And if we are truly the Earth genes then we must explore the space.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @mandestiny why laugh?. Koi joke mara kya?. Anology kabhi padhe nahi?. School kabhoi gaye nahi?.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles