ISRO General News and Updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The new brochure barely has any information about RISAT-2BR2/EOS-1. I heard that they are adopting new unified nomenclature EOS-1, 2, 3...... for CartoSat/RISAT and probably all other classes of reconnaissance satellites from now on. Like US designates it's all spy satellites as NRO, China does GaoFen and Japan does IGS.

We are not going to have much public information on earth observation satellites from now on. Probably GISAT-1 launch being postponed due to American pressure was true.
@ezsasa @porky_kicker Yet is there any way to access that information? I won't post it anywhere in public.

porky_kicker

Country flag
The new brochure barely has any information about RISAT-2BR2/EOS-1. I heard that they are adopting new unified nomenclature EOS-1, 2, 3...... for CartoSat/RISAT and probably all other classes of reconnaissance satellites from now on. Like US designates it's all spy satellites as NRO, China does GaoFen and Japan does IGS.

We are not going to have much public information on earth observation satellites from now on. Probably GISAT-1 launch being postponed due to American pressure was true.
@ezsasa @porky_kicker Yet is there any way to access that information? I won't post it anywhere in public.
Sorry I failed to understand your question . Can you clarify

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well I have sort of lost interest in all these, reason why I am reducing my postings.

But if I find any relevant info I will send them to you
why u lost interest . A lot of things are happening or will going to happen.

Karthi

Country flag
PSLVC46-768x432.jpg

ISRO to launch radar weather satellite Saturday, but no media, guests allowed due to Covid

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is ready to launch its PSLV-C49 mission Saturday afternoon, with the primary payload of India’s radar-based weather imaging satellite. The launch is scheduled for 3:02 pm at Sriharikota’s first launchpad, weather conditions permitting. The mission had been scheduled for earlier this year but was postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

The PSLV rocket will also carry nine customer satellites from three other countries.

PSLV-C49 and EOS-01 The EOS-01 is the primary payload on the PSLV-C49 mission. It is a synthetic aperture radar weather imaging satellite capable of functioning in all kinds of weather. It is a part of India’s RISAT series of imaging satellites. The satellite was originally called RISAT-2BR2, but has since been renamed EOS-01 in accordance with ISRO’s new naming scheme for satellites. The satellite will aid forestry, agricultural, and disaster management. The C49 mission is the 51st mission of the PSLV and the second to be flown in the DL configuration, where instead of four, only only two 12 metre-high strap-on boosters with 12 tonne propellant load are used. In keeping with the pandemic protocol, gathering of media personnel is not allowed for this delayed launch.

The launching gallery that usually hosts hundreds of guests has also been closed. Customer satellites In addition to the primary satellite, there are also nine customer satellites being launched through the mission. Lithuania’s technology demonstrator R2 is riding on the rocket. The nano-satellite built by NanoAvionics is being launched to demonstrate the function of the company’s M6P satellite bus. The company focuses on building cost-effective satellite platforms and has previously launched with ISRO in 2019. Luxembourg is launching four maritime applications satellites in the series called Kleos — KSM-1A/1B/1C/1C. These are a part of a scouting mission to locate missing humans and protect assets. The satellites are built by GomSpace. There are also four remote sensing Lemur satellites — 1,2,3,4 — from the US. Lemur satellites, built by San Francisco-based Spire Global, operate as a ‘space-as-a-service’, offering a flexible platform for a variety of payloads, including for defence customers.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
There have been incremental improvements in the subsequent RISAT-2 sats which can be gauged from their higher weights compared to basline 2B.

2B in turn is based on Techsar which is a 300 kg sat. Techsar with its EL/M-2070 payload has a 8 year service life while the indigenous Risat 2 series ( B onwards) is said to have a 5 yr life by ISRO. ISRO may be deliberately under stating figures to hide the true capabilities of these birds.

images (15).jpeg

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
There have been incremental improvements in the subsequent RISAT-2 sats which can be gauged from their higher weights compared to basline 2B.

2B in turn is based on Techsar which is a 300 kg sat. Techsar with its EL/M-2070 payload has a 8 year service life while the indigenous Risat 2 series ( B onwards) is said to have a 5 yr life by ISRO. ISRO may be deliberately under stating figures to hide the true capabilities of these birds.

View attachment 65709
ISRO hasn't even specified its weight and and equipment unlike what it used to earlier. As told before, all RISATs, CartoSats and probably GISATs also will be known as EOS from now on. Everything will be classified with no public details.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

View attachment 65709
Risat 1a is going to more heavy weighing at least 1900 kg. same with cartosat series.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles