ISRO General News and Updates

Prayash

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

How soon can we get Semi Cryo into picture.. any idea.
ps. I vaguely remember that GSLV MK3 is LVM with Semi Cryo is it true (or any modifications to add up).

Gurus, please shed some light

Thanks

Prayash

How soon can we get Semi Cryo into picture.. any idea.
ps. I vaguely remember that GSLV MK3 is LVM with Semi Cryo is it true (or any modifications to add up).

Gurus, please shed some light

Thanks
I am not any gyani regarding this thing but let me tell you gslv mk3/lvm3 uses CE-25 engine,which is not semi cryogenic.we may see SCE200(semi cryo) tested by 2018 and tried on lvm3(which will have enhanced 6tons to gto).they also plan to increase gto capacity upto 15tons by 2020.read this article it may help you:yo:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/Mega-launchers-for-ISRO-soon/article15002570.ece

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Man.. :india2::hail::hail: Always i am proud of this organisation... I am Glad that India have got this top clas R&D org for our betterment..:india:
yes Sir ... so am i ...i once said that india should have more isro-type organizations which are dedicated to one purpose ....when we have huuuuge multi organization like drdo , there is a possibility that the vision can get clouded ..... so we need smaller rganzations in terms of vision and that allows for better accountabiibility as well !!

23rd and 28th of this month launch of pslv rocket and gsat respectively
wow wow wow ...i think popackland must be very worried by now ....no problem , we dont meant them any harm , and really if they play fair , they could even have joined us like in the saarc satellite ....but never mind cling onto prcchina and be the tea -boy !!!

Nice to see it becoming operational and utilised, ISRO is growing by leaps and bounds.
amen ! yes it is ! an like i sadi above we need to replicate what they are doing right into our other organzations eg drdo

Thank you ISRO and our scientists for making each and every Indian proud. Hope you continue to excel in future and scale newer and higher heights.
there is every indacation that they are well on the road to doing that !!

ISRO: GSLV-Mk III rocket dubbed 'Bahubali' - The Economic Times
This article is saying
"India's newest and heaviest rocket, the GSLV-Mk III which on Monday launched the GSAT-19 satellite safely, was nicknamed the "fat boy" by Indian space scientists but the Telugu media called it "Bahubali".

but in reality one ISRO scientist named it 'Bahubali' while speaking in press conference.
ISRO: GSLV-Mk III rocket dubbed 'Bahubali' - The Economic Times
...i re3gret that they called it the fat boy ....that was the nae of the a-bob dropped on japan ....... and for us to copy the same name puts us like china copy-cat syndrome which we are not !!!!

they used to call it naughty boy
now they should call it good boy and as its lifting capacity increases they can then call it good man !

I am not any gyani regarding this thing but let me tell you gslv mk3/lvm3 uses CE-25 engine,which is not semi cryogenic.we may see SCE200(semi cryo) tested by 2018 and tried on lvm3(which will have enhanced 6tons to gto).they also plan to increase gto capacity upto 15tons by 2020.read this article it may help you:yo:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/Mega-launchers-for-ISRO-soon/article15002570.ece
great info Sir ....thanks

Great achievement for India.
Proud of our ISRO scientist.
I someday wish to join DRDO and contribute to Indian Aerospace technology :biggrin2:
wishing you every succcess .....hope you remain with dfi for more information

Flame Thrower

Two things

A bomb dropped on Japan is Fat man, not fat boy.

Some of our scientists called it as Baahubali...

I am eagerly waiting for Baahubali 2 (i.e., LVM 3 with Semi Cryo) it is only a matter of time and we'll see it soon.

PS. I am waiting for BBC video. I wanna see that guy's funny face. Though his expressions changed drastically from our 20 sat mission to 104 sat mission.

prohumanity

Country flag
Perfarmance Naarmal.....guys..! Rejoice !

India unstoppable ! Under current patriotic, bold govt. As I said before they have turned the World into jungle...its jungle raj...might is right these days..India needs to make its own fighter jets, submarines ,frigates and all other high tech weapons and not depend on powers who are opportunistic and untrustworthy and want huge profits by pitting nations against nations.

Nuclear policy should be crystal clear....If any country attacks India...all kinds of weapons will be used to defend the nation.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Just my observation....Why do all our boosters and rockets have higher thrust than the Chinese rockets and yet the Chinese have the capability to launch greater weights into GTO?

AnantS

Country flag
Just my observation....Why do all our boosters and rockets have higher thrust than the Chinese rockets and yet the Chinese have the capability to launch greater weights into GTO?
We are still relying on Vikas Engines which have lower Isp. We are atleast 10-15 years behind China. ANd we still would be even if we realize Semi Cryo engines. As you have take into account development lead time required to develop clustered Semi Cryo Engines. Once we have that capabilities, you will see out HLV series of rockets being realized. But please don't think I am dissing current achievement. Its big achievement. INdia has mastered both Gas Generator based CRyo as well as staged combustion CRy engine technology. And Semi Cryo will be based on Gas Generator cycle. The experience of building CE-25 will help immensely in build SCE 200. The GSLV MK3 can be roughly compared with erstwhile Titan III C/D.

Also Please refer to following post by EdKyle, it will tell you reason why payload capacity is less of GSLV MK3 wrt other launchers:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=40777.msg1685796#msg1685796

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles