ISRO General News and Updates

mayfair

which mean cryogenic engine and mangalyaan was not progress according to you?
They were. No disputing that.

Regarding the cryogenics, we saw the Nambi Narayan torture (the fake ISRO spy scandal) in 1994.

And then we had this

Development economist Jean Drèze called the project “part of the Indian elite’s delusional quest for superpower status”.
Now who is Jean Drèze you say?

Belgian-bron naturalised Indian e(con)omist who was appointed to the infamous National Advisory council (NAC) by Sonia Gandhi.

One step head and two back is not exactly progress, don't you think?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Full duration flight test of GSLV’s cryogenic upper stage on February 17th
SRIHARIKOTA:The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is set for another historic mission on Friday that will highlight India’s capability of launching a 4-ton spacecraft in Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO). The GTO is an intermediate stage of satellite placement in a position directly above the point of launch, and requires fine adjustments with thrusters to get placed on the geostationery orbit.
There will be a full duration flight test of cryogenic upper stage for GSLV MkIII for 640 seconds on Friday, ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) director, P V Venkitakrishnan, told Express on the sidelines of the successful launch of PSLV C-37.
The full stage demonstration at sea level is scheduled to be held at IPRC, Mahendragiri. “If we succeed in our mission for 640 seconds, it will be an important milestone and ISRO can launch GSLV MkIII by April,” Venkitakrishnan said.
He said the agency had successfully ground tested its indigenously developed cryogenic engine (C25) at a High Altitude Test (HAT) facility on January 25, 2017 and integrated it with the flight stage.
“The performance of the engine at high altitude during the test was satisfactory and Friday’s test would be the last in the series before going for an actual rocket launch,” he said and added, “Already, earth-storable liquid core stage (L110) and solid strap-on-motors (S200) have been integrated and reached Sriharikota. C25 engine activity and integration is progressing in IPRC and should be ready for dispatch in couple of weeks.”

Scrutator

I see a lot posts comparing ISRO and how the Chinese are doing in this area!

But the actual business competition in the low-cost space market won't be Chinese or any other third world country but the United States itself. SpaceX is very close to commercializing reusable rockets, which will drop the price of launching satellites by a factor or 10x or even 100x!! SpaceX already got the rockets to launch satellites and safely land back on a floating platform (a remarkable feat in itself). They then realized that some of systems (after safe landing) weren't in the best shape for relaunch. They're in the process of 'hardening' those to give them longevity. ISRO needs to watch out for this one.

ISRO should speed up the development of its own reusable launch vehicle (Avatar?) to stay relevant in the low-cost satellite launch business.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I see a lot posts comparing ISRO and how the Chinese are doing in this area!

But the actual business competition in the low-cost space market won't be Chinese or any other third world country but the United States itself. SpaceX is very close to commercializing reusable rockets, which will drop the price of launching satellites by a factor or 10x or even 100x!! SpaceX already got the rockets to launch satellites and safely land back on a floating platform (a remarkable feat in itself). They then realized that some of systems (after safe landing) weren't in the best shape for relaunch. They're in the process of 'hardening' those to give them longevity. ISRO needs to watch out for this one.

ISRO should speed up the development of its own reusable launch vehicle (Avatar?) to stay relevant in the low-cost satellite launch business.
No Space x can not reduce the price by 10X forget about 100 X. They will have to load heavy amount to recover their R & D cost.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Auto Spell check is available on almost all the blog's, forums. Pakistani never use their brains, atleast they should use spell check.

P.S. Post the same in musings thread

P.P.S. I am sick of all these spell mistakes, I want see atleast one Paki post without any mistakes.
It was not available in the time of nabi salallahu vassallam so using spell check is haram. Nabi traveled to Jerusalem and back on Donkey. You can imagine what Muslims can not do. Infact Muslims can launch 15000 satellite in one go from single rocket.

Scrutator

No Space x can not reduce the price by 10X forget about 100 X. They will have to load heavy amount to recover their R & D cost.
SpaceX has around $4 billion in contracts just to resupply to ISS. Another $6 billion contract for Mars mission.

They'll more than adequately recoup all their R&D costs! There goal is (after having signed the contracts) reuse the rockets and then save significant portion of their operating costs!!

They don't necessarily need to drop the price 10x; but just a wee bit lower than that of ISROs.

ISRO probably knows what's ahead and hence their own reusable launch vehicle!!

tsunami

Country flag
No body know the answer of my question?
What is the cost for sending 1 nano satellite in space isro. How much profit isro is making in this business?

Scrutator

What is the cost for sending 1 nano satellite in space isro. How much profit isro is making in this business?
The official statement was that ISRO recovered around half the cost of the launch via the foreign satellite launch. If you have the total cost (from somewhere) then you could do some math to figure it out. Sorry, don't have much more info..

Akask kumar

i got this from a FB post..

cost of sending one satellite in space--

ISRO--15 million dollor
NASA-- 100 -400 million dollor
ESA-- 100-140 million dollor

Flame Thrower

SpaceX has around $4 billion in contracts just to resupply to ISS. Another $6 billion contract for Mars mission.

They'll more than adequately recoup all their R&D costs! There goal is (after having signed the contracts) reuse the rockets and then save significant portion of their operating costs!!

They don't necessarily need to drop the price 10x; but just a wee bit lower than that of ISROs.

ISRO probably knows what's ahead and hence their own reusable launch vehicle!!
When it comes to space missions, a small manufacturing defect might result in disaster.

Now if you're re-using the LV for multiple missions, chances of errors increase drastically. Any idea what would be the re usability of LV, I mean no of missions before it becomes useless....

Coming to landing of the SpaceX LV, it is lot more complex than any landing system ever used, I mean to say that chances of errors is high...

Let's come back to ISRO....

ISRO is also working on TSTO RLV, yes it'll take time to mature and by 2030 is more optimistic timeline....

In the commercial launches and the space race, I don't see anyone beating ISRO in near future...

Infact if we can get HLV & RLV online by 2025, we'll surely build ISS 2.0.

ISRO has always done miracles, let's wait and enjoy Space Race 2.0

Akask kumar

So, BBC now
After rumours for UK,
Australia giving aid to India now! :facepalm:
Our budget is higher than theirs.
Usual Indophobic propaganda.
still waiting for al-jazzera covergae on ISRO... i love to see them jumping ,yelling,perplexed ... they shout as if their own country dont have any problem be it social or economic.

they fail to see that ISRO's budget is not even 1% of our GDP. and they think India is doing nothing to eliminate poverty and all the money we are making is going in space business......MORONS...

Flame Thrower

i got this from a FB post..

cost of sending one satellite in space--

ISRO--15 million dollor
NASA-- 100 -400 million dollor
ESA-- 100-140 million dollor
I think these are not the accurate figures, because cost of Satellite launch is always measured wrt to mass of the satellite.

Scrutator

When it comes to space missions, a small manufacturing defect might result in disaster.

Now if you're re-using the LV for multiple missions, chances of errors increase drastically. Any idea what would be the re usability of LV, I mean no of missions before it becomes useless....

Coming to landing of the SpaceX LV, it is lot more complex than any landing system ever used, I mean to say that chances of errors is high...

Let's come back to ISRO....

ISRO is also working on TSTO RLV, yes it'll take time to mature and by 2030 is more optimistic timeline....

In the commercial launches and the space race, I don't see anyone beating ISRO in near future...

Infact if we can get HLV & RLV online by 2025, we'll surely build ISS 2.0.

ISRO has always done miracles, let's wait and enjoy Space Race 2.0
Right now SpaceX hasn't demonstrated 'reusability'. Couple of years back, it would have been laughable to think someone would land a rocket back on earth VERTICALLY and that too on a FLOATING PLATFORM. SpaceX did it!!! They would love to use it as many times as possible - no real data as yet available! We'll wait and see! But what SpaceX is attempting to do is remarkable and after they shut everyone's mouth (or dropped everyone jaws) with their landing feat, one shouldn't be surprised if the same rocket took off pretty soon!!!

Akask kumar

I think these are not the accurate figures, because cost of Satellite launch is always measured wrt to mass of the satellite.
yes but good enough for side by side relative comparison..

i saw a report on Z news(DNA) .. cant remember the figure . but ours lauch costy is higly low compared to others..even compared to chinese..

the space agency having costliest launch price is JAXA. ......as per the Z news report

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
My post in reference to Article on PDF.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...edia-isro-satellite-launch-nasa/1/884011.html

India: We carried out most successful mission to moon till date.
  1. China: We have a rocket which can carry heavy pay load.

India: We are planning to explore sun and making a satellite for that.

China: We have a rocket which can carry heavy pay load.

India: We are making SAR satellite with NASA and It willhave resolution in mm.

India: W are planning a mission to Venus.

India:.We are planning to bring down launch cost to just 10%

India: We carried out mission to mars in first attempt. We are first to do that

India: We tested scramjet engine

India: We are most cost effective launcher of satellite.

India: We have carried out test of space shuttle and we shall use it againand again to launch satellite.

India: We launch mini hubble sort of satellite which solve a 100+ years old space mistry

Addition

India: we launch 104 satellite in space in single mission.

Last edited:

Superdefender

By Catrosat 2 lenses, India can know no. of cars parked outside the White House and their details with unbelievable resolution clarity.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles