ISRO General News and Updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Pakistan pushes for efforts to prevent weaponisation of outer space at UN
Pakistan's permanent representative to the United Nations (UN) in Geneva Ambassador Tehmina Janjua has called for steps to prevent the weaponisation of outer-space, saying it would adversely affect regional and international peace and security.
"Weaponisation of outer space is not science fiction anymore," Janjua told the UN General Assembly's Disarmament and International Security Committee on Wednesday.
"With the ever growing use of outer space by an increasing number of states, both for civilian and military purposes, the potential and the risk of its weaponisation cannot be ruled out," she said during a debate on Outer Space matters.
“Weapons in space would lead to instability, and negatively affect international and regional peace and security," the envoy added.
Again regional.:facepalm:
The 1967 Outer Space Treaty prohibited the placement of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) in outer space, she said, while pointing out that it does not cover the placement of other types of weapons including conventional weapons.
Concerned about the negative implications of the development and deployment of anti-ballistic missile defence systems and the pursuit of related advanced military technologies, Ambassador Janjua said those weapons were destabilising and could have wide reaching implications for regional and international security.
Defensive systems have negative impacts?:eek:
"The effects of the introduction of such systems can be destabilising for sensitive regions like South Asia," the envoy said, adding that all those concerns needed to be addressed in a legally binding treaty.
Aa gaye South Asia ke thekedar.:dude:
It was essential to redouble efforts toward an agreement that addresses the development, deployment and proliferation of such systems, she said, noting that Pakistan was the co-sponsor of two draft resolutions on the prevention of an arms race in outer space and on no-first-placement of arms in outer space.
As if Indians give a bloody damn about you. Their policies aren't concerned with you either.
The envoy pointed out that space was no longer considered an exclusive preserve of a few developed states.
He just referred my guess.
"Today developing countries, including my country, are tapping into space technology in diverse areas ranging from meteorology and disaster management to economy and telecommunications," she said, adding, "Their reliance on space technology will grow further in the years to come."
"The dominance enjoyed by certain countries in outer space owing to their current technological prowess, therefore, cannot last forever," Ambassador Janjua said.
"And this time," she added, "the developing countries will neither carry the burden of non-proliferation, nor will they accept any discriminatory restrictions which hamper their peaceful pursuits in outer space."
Pakis can call me obsessed but I'm not a child to not get guess the message. So, here is a butthurt article explaining foreign obsession with ISRO.

rishivashista13

Country flag

As if Indians give a bloody damn about you. Their policies aren't concerned with you either.

Pakis can call me obsessed but I'm not a child to not get guess the message. So, here is a butthurt article explaining foreign obsession with ISRO.
बेचारे , डरे हुए है [emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27]

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
But , the point is correct .
Weaponisation of space is very dangerous and devastating .
And will create instability .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
But , the point is correct .
Weaponisation of space is very dangerous and devastating .
And will create instability .

Westerners weaponized seas long ago and ruled most of world for a long.

Space is the next frontier and we must not lag otherwise will become slaves again.

rishivashista13

Country flag

Space is the next frontier and we must not lag otherwise will become slaves again.
Yes , this is a new type of race .
Today anyone can place and test weapons in space . But after some years it will be banned .
Just like , what happened with nuclear weapons , once made and tested by some countries , now they are banned . No one can made and test nuclear weapons now .
We have capabilities and we should also remain in this race and as we get opportunity we should test these critical technologies and if required , should place weapons in space .
Because once restricted , it will be very difficult to develop and test these weapons .

China is already ahead of us in this race , he has tested its anti satellite capabilities by destroying its own satellite some years ago ............

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Today anyone can place and test weapons in space . But after some years it will be banned .
Just like , what happened with nuclear weapons , once made and tested by some countries , now they are banned . No one can made and test nuclear weapons now .
We have capabilities and we should also remain in this race and as we get opportunity we should test these critical technologies and if required , should place weapons in space .
Because once restricted , it will be very difficult to develop and test these weapons .

China is already ahead of us in this race , he has tested its anti satellite capabilities by destroying its own satellite some years ago ............

India placed INSAT 3DR in an accurate apogee. No doubt we have that capability.

Here's a nice related article.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/indias-anti-satellite-weapons.76714/#post-1176763

Chinmoy

Country flag

Something from Wiki.............

Outer Space Treaty
Main article: Outer Space Treaty
The Outer Space Treaty, considered by the Legal Subcommittee in 1966. Later that year, agreement was reached in the General Assembly. The treaty included the following principles:

• the exploration and use of outer space shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries and shall be the province of all mankind;
  • outer space shall be free for exploration and use by all States;
  • outer space is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means;
  • States shall not place nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in orbit or on celestial bodies or station them in outer space in any other manner;
  • the Moon and other celestial bodies shall be used exclusively for peaceful purposes;
  • Astronauts shall be regarded as the envoys of mankind;
  • States shall be responsible for national space activities whether carried out by governmental or non-governmental activities;
  • States shall be liable for damage caused by their space objects; and
  • States shall avoid harmful contamination of space and celestial bodies.
In summary, the treaty initiated the banning of signatories' placing of nuclear weapons or any other weapons of mass destruction in orbit of Earth, installing them on the moon or any other celestial body, or to otherwise station them in outer space. The United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union signed the treaty and it entered into effect on October 10, 1967. As of January 1, 2005, 98 States have ratified, and an additional 27 have signed the Outer Space Treaty.

Note that this treaty does not ban the placement of weapons in space in general, only nuclear weapons and WMD.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Something from Wiki.............

Outer Space Treaty
Main article: Outer Space Treaty
The Outer Space Treaty, considered by the Legal Subcommittee in 1966. Later that year, agreement was reached in the General Assembly. The treaty included the following principles:

• the exploration and use of outer space shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries and shall be the province of all mankind;
  • outer space shall be free for exploration and use by all States;
  • outer space is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means;
  • States shall not place nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in orbit or on celestial bodies or station them in outer space in any other manner;
  • the Moon and other celestial bodies shall be used exclusively for peaceful purposes;
  • Astronauts shall be regarded as the envoys of mankind;
  • States shall be responsible for national space activities whether carried out by governmental or non-governmental activities;
  • States shall be liable for damage caused by their space objects; and
  • States shall avoid harmful contamination of space and celestial bodies.
In summary, the treaty initiated the banning of signatories' placing of nuclear weapons or any other weapons of mass destruction in orbit of Earth, installing them on the moon or any other celestial body, or to otherwise station them in outer space. The United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union signed the treaty and it entered into effect on October 10, 1967. As of January 1, 2005, 98 States have ratified, and an additional 27 have signed the Outer Space Treaty.

Note that this treaty does not ban the placement of weapons in space in general, only nuclear weapons and WMD.
Thats true , but what about the other weapons which are not for mass destruction ?

If we simply launch a rod of tungsten from space without any warhead . It will impact like a small nuclear bomb on earth .
This concept is called rod from god .
These type kinetic energy weapons are very dangerous . And if we will develop some type of special non nuclear warheads for these weapons it will be far more devastating .

Till now there is no rule who restricts this type of technology to be placed in space .

Chinmoy

Country flag
Thats true , but what about the other weapons which are not for mass destruction ?

If we simply launch a rod of tungsten from space without any warhead . It will impact like a small nuclear bomb on earth .
This concept is called rod from god .
These type kinetic energy weapons are very dangerous . And if we will develop some type of special non nuclear warheads for these weapons it will be far more devastating .

Till now there is no rule who restricts this type of technology to be placed in space .

:)......... You got this idea from G.I Joe, isn't it? Yeah it could be done, but keeping it a secret before launch and keeping it in orbit after launch would be a huge challenge for anyone. Moreover to make a impact, you would need some thing of substantial mass. Not just somewhere around couple of Kg's as the burnout during re entry would take away mos of its mass and without mass, it would be of no impact.

rishivashista13

Country flag
:)......... You got this idea from G.I Joe, isn't it? Yeah it could be done, but keeping it a secret before launch and keeping it in orbit after launch would be a huge challenge for anyone. Moreover to make a impact, you would need some thing of substantial mass. Not just somewhere around couple of Kg's as the burnout during re entry would take away mos of its mass and without mass, it would be of no impact.
Yes your speculations are right . Here is a article . All of your questions and quotes are answered here , a good technical analysis of rod of god space based kinetic energy weapon .
http://www.naturalnews.com/050890_Rod_of_God_secret_space_weapon_Tianjin_explosion.html

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes your speculations are right . Here is a article . All of your questions and quotes are answered here , a good technical analysis of rod of god space based kinetic energy weapon .
http://www.naturalnews.com/050890_Rod_of_God_secret_space_weapon_Tianjin_explosion.html

Interesting read, but some very basic questions were not answered. For example, any projectile whether its moving from LEO or HEO would travel at a speed of 9.8km/s under force of gravity. How he came to the conclusion that something traveling from HEO would attain a speed of 4 times then that from LEO. As per theory he is right, but he has ignored the fluid dynamics in this regard. The moment anything from LEO or from HEO hit the earth atmosphere, it would start decelerating. In that sense, anything moving from HEO and attaining much higher velocity then that of LEO would experience much more of shock and burnout due to friction. So on reaching the earth surface its velocity would not be 4 times the speed of something from LEO.
Moreover there is a difference in between lateral movement and vertical movement. The small adjustment which he prescribed for accuracy would result in small lateral movement in atmosphere and that too would cause rapid deceleration.

But yes, leaving aside all those doubts and challenges aside, anything from space with adequate mass could create havoc on earth.

Akask kumar

I never get this Paki rant regrading our anti -ballistic missile defence?? how it can be threat to regional security?? if SO, then it also makes bullet proof jacket,armored vehicles,helmets, etc a threat to security?? Never knew that shields are more deangerous than swords...LOL.

they are pissed because they have to buy/build more missiles in order to over come the defence system..

and look who is talking about sapce--Pak??LOL, the situation is similar to Chickens talking about the policies that eagles should incorporates before flying.. :bplease:..

""God had created mouth to speak and eat but they started yelling and puking.."" --- by me.. ha ha

Akask kumar

i also support non-weaponisation of space. it should be just restricted to science,mining,& tourism.. because it may cause irreversible damage to our atmosphere , whole earth ,every entity ,every living creature will have to pay price for that..

Plus weaponisation of space may affect future science, & mining ..If any country is willing to fight a war fight on ground ,resolves ur matter here .

but I dnt think US ,china respects such views..

Already there are talks to make small/nano sats more capable so that they can overcome the capabilities of the bigger sats as smaller stas are hard to hit. so in subconscious mind there is fear of space weaponisation in future..

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
i also support non-weaponisation of space. it should be just restricted to science,mining,& tourism.. because it may cause irreversible damage to our atmosphere , whole earth ,every entity ,every living creature will have to pay price for that..
I don't cuz I'm a materialistic baniya!:devil:

We were bullied through seas, now it could our turn to rule in long term. Resources of earth are going to end a day, don't they?:biggrin2:

Akask kumar

I don't cuz I'm a materialistic baniya!:devil:

We were bullied through seas, now it could our turn to rule in long term. Resources of earth are going to end a day, don't they?:biggrin2:
do u know a small nuclear explosion in outer space near earth may rip off the whole ionosphere!!

yes mining and exploration of celestial bodies should continue and the pace of exploration will get slowed if weaponisation happened..

I am against it. but if few countries go for it then its not wise in sitting back..

Space is big,there is enough room for everyone to explore..So i dnt think there willl be clash for resources or interest in outer space..

on earth situation is different resources are localized and limited.. eg- oil in middle east, uranium in australia ,rare earth element in north korea etc.. so here there is clash ..

at first UN should adopt every mean to stop the weaponization.. if it fails then countries should be restricted to non nuclear means of weaponization..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
do u know a small nuclear explosion in outer space near earth may rip off the whole ionosphere!!

yes mining and exploration of celestial bodies should continue and the pace of exploration will get slowed if weaponisation happened..

I am against it. but if few countries go for it then its not wise in sitting back..

Space is big,there is enough room for everyone to explore..So i dnt think there willl be clash for resources or interest in outer space..

on earth situation is different resources are localized and limited.. eg- oil in middle east, uranium in australia ,rare earth element in north korea etc.. so here there is clash ..

at first UN should adopt every mean to stop the weaponization.. if it fails then countries should be restricted to non nuclear means of weaponization..
  1. I'm not pitching for destroying environment. We can make weapons in a safer way to earth, test them way farther than earth.
  2. Yes, few countries are going for it, US, Russian Federation and PRC. India must not lag.
  3. I'm not pitching for preventing other countries' entry in space. But First Come, First Serve. India must master this technology for more and more interests before countries around the world start competing.
  4. Space has a huge territory to live, a large reservoir of fuel gases and energy sources, this is more than a clash for requirements, this is a clash for greeds.
Nothing personal at you my friend, I.can understand your wish for peace but being too pacifist following Nehru's approach is going to be proved a slumber.

You say that we must not do if other countries don't but sad truth is that it has already been done, space already has been weaponized. After using space program for civilian purposes only for decades, finally India has awaked from slumber and started utilizing it's *all* resources for security. You have a communist neighbor too which will never hezitate from deploying an aerospace conflict force.

rishivashista13

Country flag

There is no method to know , if the missile is having a nuclear warhead or a conventional warhead .
It revels only after detonation .
So it is very very difficult to restrict nuclear warheads in space .
I don't know any method by which we can restrict nations to place nuclear warheads but allow to place other warheads anywhere .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles