ISRO General News and Updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Money given for human spaceflift mission is peanuts: Former ISRO chairman
Madhavan Nair
Eminent space scientist G Madhavan Nair has said India must take steps to undertake human space flight mission without delay, stating such a venture would give a new "life and vigour" to entire research activities in ISRO.
Nair termed as "very unfortunate" the government's stand on the mission. He said the goverenmnet is yet to give a formal approval to the mission, even a decade after a meeting convened by ISRO which was attended by 80 senior scientists who favoured initiation of such a project.
The gathering of scientists on November 7, 2006, was unanimous in suggesting that the time is appropriate for India to undertake such a mission. The preliminary estimated cost for the venture was Rs 10,000 crore spread over a period of eight years.
In the recent Parliament session, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Jitendra Singh had said that as of now, the mission is not an approved programme and that currently, ISRO is developing critical technologies relevant for such a spaceflight for building future capacity.
"It (human spaceflight mission) is the next stepping stone which will pitch our position much higher in the global space community", Nair, former Indian Space Research Organisation chairman, said.
"We missed the opportunity. But I will say that even now it's not late. And the money we are taking is peanuts; something like Rs 10,000 crore to Rs 15,000 crore spread over five-six years, is completely affordable for India.
"That will give a new life and vigour to the entire research activities in ISRO. It's not just that we roll out PSLVs and satellites. Yes, that has to be there. That even industries can do. Our R&D needs to be strengthened," he said.
Nair claimed that in the last two years, there is no new initiative from ISRO. "In any R&D sector, unless you set the goals high and work towards something which is challenging, you lose the whole culture of the organisation.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
IIT Kharagpur presents the Technology Excellence award to ISRO scientist M. Jeen Britto

IIT Kharagpur presents the Technology Excellence award to ISRO scientist M. Jeen Britto
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, on Thursday presented the Nina Saxena Excellence in Technology award to ISRO scientist M. Jeen Britto. The award was handed out to Britto for his exemplary innovation in the field of Cryogenics Instrumentation and Automation during the premier institute’s 66th foundation day celebration.
Distinguished professor and Director of Graduate Studies at Duke University, Krishnendu Chakrabarty, was presented the Distinguished Alumnus Award for 2014. It was on this day in 1951 that the foundation stone of the IIT was laid in a nondescript backyard of a railway colony in the then small town called Kharagpur, carving its name on the academic map of the world.
“With the history of a political detention camp where freedom fighters, of the age of first year IIT students, gave their lives, the IIT system has become one of the finest brands that independent India offered to the world”, said IIT Kharagpur Sirector R.P.P. Chakrabarty. The Institute announced a life-long email service for its 55,000-plus alumni community.
IANS

RELATED:#CRYOGENICS INSTRUMENTATION AND AUTOMATION#IIT-KHARAGPUR #ISRO #M. JEEN BRITTO#NINA SAXENA EXCELLENCE IN TECHNOLOGY

Akask kumar

That will give a new life and vigour to the entire research activities in ISRO. It's not just that we roll out PSLVs and satellites. Yes, that has to be there. That even industries can do. Our R&D needs to be strengthened," he said
it appears. he heard u !!:clap2:. the human sapce flight mission should had been cleared in 2012 5 year plan ,not to send human but gvt should have allocated small fund for the development of the key tech..ISRO had to manage manage its fund somehow from other mission.. But our scientist anyhow managed to develop the key tech,i am sure in 2017 current BJP gvt will give human space flight go to boost their make in india image.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
it appears. he heard u !!:clap2:. the human sapce flight mission should had been cleared in 2012 5 year plan ,not to send human but gvt should have allocated small fund for the development of the key tech..ISRO had to manage manage its fund somehow from other mission.. But our scientist anyhow managed to develop the key tech,i am sure in 2017 current BJP gvt will give human space flight go to boost their make in india image.
That's why I posted the article.
Whenever a valuable person says something, it really impacts government view, specially of such a competitive Prime Minister.
Currently on British Forum, those white pigs call India behind Japan (no matter if UK comes nowhere near), after the Human Spaceflight, India will be undisputedly ahead of Japan in Space Race and Brits gonna fill the 300 pages of my thread with $hit that how evil India copied US and Russian Tech.:biggrin2:

Akask kumar

That's why I posted the article.
Whenever a valuable person says something, it really impacts government view, specially of such a competitive Prime Minister.
Currently on British Forum, those white pigs call India behind Japan (no matter if UK comes nowhere near), after the Human Spaceflight, India will be undisputedly ahead of Japan in Space Race and Brits gonna fill the 300 pages of my thread with $hit that how evil India copied US and Russian Tech.:biggrin2:
Brits are talking meaninglessly ,, they are not part of EU anymore , so they are out of ESA , so british space agency needs structuring , and are below us in every way until they develop SKYLON..

Japs are good ,started their space program near 2003 , in 15 years they have shown good fast development.technologically they will have upper hand but there economy will permit only handful of space missions.. so they do small but high quality missions..

and our mission both quanity and quality wise better than both

rishivashista13

Country flag
Brits are talking meaninglessly ,, they are not part of EU anymore , so they are out of ESA , so british space agency needs structuring , and are below us in every way until they develop SKYLON..

Japs are good ,started their space program near 2003 , in 15 years they have shown good fast development.technologically they will have upper hand but there economy will permit only handful of space missions.. so they do small but high quality missions..

What is skylon ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Brits are like pakis.
Like pakis cheer about China instead of their own country, Brits cheer for US, on the British Forum Army Rumour Service, RLV thread has crossed 400 pages, filled up with stuff that how American Space Shuttles are superior to India!:pound:
Though, there are Americans too, but they keep themselves away from this.

You know many Indians (many members on DFI (me), even Senior mods like pmaitra and Ray) have colonized that forum in past.
Threads of IAF vs RAF are filled up with superiority of USAF over IAF cuz RAF comes nowhere near.

India's first stealth air superiority fighter may be guarding the skies in a decade.:india:
Will fly in a decade and will be shot down by F-22 in a minute.:taunt2:
You know, I never knew if F-22 was British fighter, I thought it was American.:p
America has means Britain has, it's same thing, don't you know?:nono:
:finger: Conversations like above one occur at regular bases and if you'll argue further, they will start calling us poor (no matter how fast we're catching up).
Let us post thread over successful launch of GSLV Mk3 in December there. Entire thread will be full of pictures of Delta 4 Heavy and even probably Saturn-5.:rotflmao:
And if GSLV Mk2 launch of next month fails (though I don't want so, nor it's likely), we won't even need to post any thread ourselves about in there.:D
On Topic:
Skylon is as of now way away from reality without ESA (support of NASA can change the destiny though).
But at first, they could make only a micro and mini satellite launcher which can't make them stand anywhere near us.
Japan is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world, it's obvious to catch up.
In fact, JAXA could be other ESA if their projects would not have failed. You know, they have already launched missions to Venus, Jupiter and Mars etc. way before us. Japan has penetrated deep in space like US and USSR indeed. But unfortunately, all missions failed (I don't blame them either, they're comparatively newer player with lesser experience and did better than expected).

And for human spaceflight, we have projects to search deep space like ESA and JAXA.
So, sending humans in space will only cement our position in something more advanced than these agencies.:)

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag

LOL, sometime I thought the Indian were living in some Parallel Universe....what's wrong with Indian Education and Popularization of Science? I was watching for a while, I really don't understand such so called chit chat with loads of terrible wrong info and understanding are of any use...and no one would correct it but 'like'that BS?....:facepalm:

1. in Feb 1970 ,Japanese launched their first satellite OHSUMI--- again in 1970...lol

2. in 1980s, Janpn focused on Launch Vehicle development , then H-1 rocket already had the ability of 1100 kg to GTO...

3. in 1990, the indigenous effort, tech advanced H-II rocket improved the ability to 4000 Kg(GTO), the first flight was in 1994...lol...it's a all hydrogen oxygen engine Rocket powered by liquid oxygen/liquid hydrogen with solid boosters...it is just a 260 tons launch vehicle ! with the same GTO payload ejection ability as LVM3 which is 640 tons and again hasn't launched yet....hey ...wake up, some idiots...

then came more reliable H-IIA (2001)...up to 6 ton GTO ability

and H-IIB (2009) ...8 ton GTO ability with a Mass around 530 tons..

4. Japanese Experiment Module(きぼう,Kibō)on ISS。 16+8 tons

5. H-II Transfer Vehicle (HTV) space cargo ship with a 6 ton payload to ISS

6. besides the conventional communication and Remote Sense satellites, loads of space science and tech satellite /prober...

.astro-a/b/c/d/eII
.solar-a/b
.vlbi space observatory program
.ms-t5
.planet-a
.ASTRO-F
.GEOTAIL'
.EXOS-D
.MUSES-Cはやぶさ

7. ...
8. ...
this is a long list...lol...

yeah ....so called
our mission both quanity and quality wise better than both
maybe emptytalking and daydreaming wise better than anyone on this earth...

Last edited:
Reactions: G10

salute

japanese started their space program much before but at 2003 they merged their institutions and agencies working on space as jaxa ,

LOL, sometime I thought the Indian were living in some Parallel Universe....what's wrong with Indian Education and Popularization of Science? I was watching for a while, I really don't understand such so called chit chat with loads of terrible wrong info and understanding are of any use...and no one would correct it but 'like'that BS?....:facepalm:
so already saw that post of @Akask kumar few hours earlier and wanted to post info on that but passed onto some other member but also thought that some jealous paki or chinese member taking the opportunity gonna post some bs .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

1. in Feb 1970 ,Japanese launched their first satellite OHSUMI--- again in 1970...lol

2. in 1980s, Janpn focused on Launch Vehicle development , then H-1 rocket already had the ability of 1100 kg to GTO...

3. in 1990, the indigenous effort, tech advanced H-II rocket improved the ability to 4000 Kg(GTO), the first flight was in 1994...lol...it's a all hydrogen oxygen engine Rocket powered by liquid oxygen/liquid hydrogen with solid boosters...it is just a 260 tons launch vehicle ! with the same GTO payload ejection ability as LVM3 which is 640 tons and again hasn't launched yet....hey ...wake up, some idiots...

6. besides the conventional communication and Remote Sense satellites, loads of space science and tech satellite /prober...

.astro-a/b/c/d/eII
.solar-a/b
.ms-t5
.planet-a
.ASTRO-F
.GEOTAIL'
.EXOS-D
.MUSES-Cはやぶさ

7. ...
8. ...
Well, I noted the same mistake cuz first orbital launch occurred in 1970.
But we were talking of major advances made by Japan after 90s.
yeah ....so called maybe emptytalking and daydreaming wise better than anyone on this earth...
:D
Everybody has a optimistic high opinion for their country. You know, there was a Chinese member called @cirr who used to boast Chinese space program's superiority over US (later reminded that US has done long ago).:D

I too have long list for Indian Space Program which can justify our daydreaming.:p

Akask kumar

Brits are like pakis.
Like pakis cheer about China instead of their own country, Brits cheer for US, on the British Forum Army Rumour Service, RLV thread has crossed 400 pages, filled up with stuff that how American Space Shuttles are superior to India!:pound:
Though, there are Americans too, but they keep themselves away from this.

You know many Indians (many members on DFI (me), even Senior mods like pmaitra and Ray) have colonized that forum in past.
Threads of IAF vs RAF are filled up with superiority of USAF over IAF cuz RAF comes nowhere near.

:finger: Conversations like above one occur at regular bases and if you'll argue further, they will start calling us poor (no matter how fast we're catching up).
Let us post thread over successful launch of GSLV Mk3 in December there. Entire thread will be full of pictures of Delta 4 Heavy and even probably Saturn-5.:rotflmao:
And if GSLV Mk2 launch of next month fails (though I don't want so, nor it's likely), we won't even need to post any thread ourselves about in there.:D
On Topic:
Skylon is as of now way away from reality without ESA (support of NASA can change the destiny though).
But at first, they could make only a micro and mini satellite launcher which can't make them stand anywhere near us.

Japan is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world, it's obvious to catch up.
In fact, JAXA could be other ESA if their projects would not have failed. You know, they have already launched missions to Venus, Jupiter and Mars etc. way before us. Japan has penetrated deep in space like US and USSR indeed. But unfortunately, all missions failed (I don't blame them either, they're comparatively newer player with lesser experience and did better than expected).

And for human spaceflight, we have projects to search deep space like ESA and JAXA.
So, sending humans in space will only cement our position in something more advanced than these agencies.:)
in JAXA only money is the limiting factor that hold it down.. there economy is not doing good ,who knws this better then u ,

.astro-a/b/c/d/eII
.solar-a/b
.ms-t5
.planet-a
.ASTRO-F
.GEOTAIL'
.EXOS-D
.MUSES-Cはやぶさ

7. ...
8. ...

yeah ....so called maybe emptytalking and daydreaming wise better than anyone on this earth...
i was talking abt the JAXA..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAXA

,it appears.,moron chinese have started taking opium again.No wonder japs tortured them for hundreds of years for fun.. and british made them drug addict.. poor chinese unable to make decisions .. any one cud come and fuk them for pleasure....
have some sense before jumping into some topic..show humility if u want to be respected ..

UR space program is good but dnt think its the only good space program..

Prashant12

Country flag
‘ISRO’s Aditya to be launched by 2020’

The Indian Space Research Organisation’s plan to launch its satellite, Aditya, to study about the sun will materialise by 2020, Mylswamy Annadurai, director, ISRO Satellite Centre at Bengaluru, has said.

Speaking to reporters here on Saturday, Mr. Annadurai, after inaugurating the INSPIRE - DST Science Camp at VOC College, said Aditya, the first Indian mission to study the sun, would be launched in 2019 – 2020. Preliminary works for this mission are progressing as planned.

The Chandrayan II, which would be launched with Geosynchronous Launch Vehicle in 2017 – 2018, would land on the moon to conduct a range of tests. The ISRO, which has planned to launch 70 satellites within the next four years by launching a satellite every month, would launch a weather satellite, INSAT 3DR, in September, GSAT-8 in October and Resourcesat 2 A in November, he said.

R.S. Sundar , site director, Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, explained in detail about nuclear power generation and the safety features installed in the 1,000-MW reactors built with Russian assistance.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...tya-to-be-launched-by-2020/article9012446.ece

rishivashista13

Country flag
‘ISRO’s Aditya to be launched by 2020’

The Indian Space Research Organisation’s plan to launch its satellite, Aditya, to study about the sun will materialise by 2020, Mylswamy Annadurai, director, ISRO Satellite Centre at Bengaluru, has said.

Speaking to reporters here on Saturday, Mr. Annadurai, after inaugurating the INSPIRE - DST Science Camp at VOC College, said Aditya, the first Indian mission to study the sun, would be launched in 2019 – 2020. Preliminary works for this mission are progressing as planned.

The Chandrayan II, which would be launched with Geosynchronous Launch Vehicle in 2017 – 2018, would land on the moon to conduct a range of tests. The ISRO, which has planned to launch 70 satellites within the next four years by launching a satellite every month, would launch a weather satellite, INSAT 3DR, in September, GSAT-8 in October and Resourcesat 2 A in November, he said.

R.S. Sundar , site director, Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, explained in detail about nuclear power generation and the safety features installed in the 1,000-MW reactors built with Russian assistance.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...tya-to-be-launched-by-2020/article9012446.ece
Will this satellite orbit sun ???
Or will orbit some planet and face towards sun ?

Akask kumar

Will this satellite orbit sun ???
Or will orbit some planet and face towards sun ?

http://www.isro.gov.in/aditya-l1-first-indian-mission-to-study-sun

A Satellite placed in the halo orbit around the Lagrangian point 1 (L1) of the Sun-Earth system has the major advantage of continuously viewing the Sun without any occultation/ eclipses. Therefore, the Aditya-1 mission has now been revised to “Aditya-L1 mission” and will be inserted in a halo orbit around the L1, which is 1.5 million km from the Earth

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO To Launch Four Key Satellites In The Next Three Months, Reveals Plans To Go To The Sun
Speaking to the media during an inaugural ceremony of a private college, Mylswamy Annadurai, director, ISRO Satellite Centre at Bengaluru, has said that ISRO will soon launch four key satellites in the coming three months.
With a whopping plan of launching close to 70 satellites in the next three years, ISRO aims at exploring the outer space like never before. ISRO has already launched ten satellites between August 2015 and August 2016 and now Indian scientists are planning to lift up four more satellites — INSAT-3DR and SCATSAT-1 on September this year, GSAT-18 in October and ResourceSat-2A in November 2016.
After the distinguished success of Chandrayaan mission, ISRO had planned to launch Chandrayaan-2 (second lunar mission) along with Russia, however, it will now be India’s solo project. The launch of this indigenous lander and rover is expected to take place by the end of 2017 or the beginning of 2018.

attemptnwin
According to Annadurai, ISRO also has the plan to launch ‘Aditya-L1’, the first Indian mission to study the sun by the year 2020.
Under the realm of ISRO’s phenomenal journey, India has seen the launches of several space voyages in a single flight. Behind this exceptional journey of more than 82 satellites in the space and a successful mission of exploring the Moon, Mars and the stars, lies a team of trailblazing ISRO scientists and engineers.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Students told to get ready to launch satellites
The National Conference on Technological Trends began here on Friday with a call to engineering colleges and universities in Kerala to acquire the capability to develop satellites for various uses.
More missions
Inaugurating the conference, PSLV project director B. Jayakumar said India’s achievements in space science could be sustained only if educational institutions came forward with their own initiatives in making satellites. ISRO, he said, had already launched four satellites developed for research purposes and was willing to take up more such missions.
“When will an engineering college in Kerala approach ISRO for the launch of a satellite developed in- house?” asked Mr. Jayakumar in his address to a packed hall comprising teachers and research students in engineering.
College Principal Vrinda V. Nair presided over the function.
ISRO scientists R. Hatton, L. Sowmiya Narayanan, A.G. Radhakrishnan, Roy P. Varghese, V.J. Saji, S.R. Biju, G. Geethanath and N.S. Sreekanth who played a key role in the success of the PSLV C-34 mission were honoured on the occasion.
Platform
The two-day conference provides a platform for research students to interact with teachers and technical experts from various institutions.
‘Students should take the lead in sustaining achievements in space science.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Story of the Week - Indian Space Research Organization
RAPID: Gateway to Indian Weather Satellite Data

The INSAT series of satellites carrying Very High Resolution Radiometer (VHRR) have been providing data for generating cloud motion vectors, cloud top temperature, water vapour content, etc., facilitating rainfall estimation, weather forecasting, genesis of cyclones and their track prediction. These satellites have also carried Data Relay Transponders (DRT) to facilitate reception and dissemination of meteorological data from in-situ instruments located across vast and inaccessible areas. Currently, there are three meteorological satellites Kalpana-1, INSAT-3A and INSAT-3D in the geosynchronous orbit. Quick visualisation and analysis of data and products enable accurate weather assessments. Towards this, Space Applications Centre (SAC), ISRO, Ahmedabad has developed a weather data explorer application - Real Time Analysis of Products and Information Dissemination (RAPID) which is hosted in India Meteorological Department (IMD) website. This software acts as a gateway to Indian Weather Satellite Data providing quick interactive visualisation and 4-Dimension analysis capabilities to various users like application scientists, forecasters, and the common man.
This innovative application introduces the concept of next generation weather data access and advanced visualisation capabilities. It provides access to last 7-day satellite data including images and geophysical parameters from Indian Satellites in near real time. More than 150 Products from Indian Weather Satellites are being hosted using this application. The scientific products which affect our daily lives like Fog, Rainfall, Snow, Temperature etc, retrieved from INSAT-3D and Kalpana-1 are made available for the common man. It also provides animation of images based on start/end time. This feature is very useful in visualising the movement of severe weather events like cyclones.
This tool integrates the ISRO’s Geo-portal Bhuvan Map Layer enabling user to get zoomed view of the city. ‘Place Search’ allows the user to search, based on place name or latitude/longitude. The administrative boundaries have been integrated to provide zoomed view upto district level. The Indian Sub-basins boundaries and Flood Meteorological Office (FMO) basins provide a view of basins and sub-basins.
This web application provides many analysis features that are of interest to the scientific community. These features include Point Probe, Time Series, Vertical Profile and Transect, Box Statistics, Distance and Area Plots. It also provides simple image processing features like Contrast Stretch, Transparency, Red Green Blue (RGB) composites from multiple layers and colour table applications. Colour tables and RGB composites help in enhancing severe weather events like cyclones, fog, cloud conditions, rainfall etc. RAPID also provides access to the temperature and humidity vertical profiles of the atmosphere at various pressure levels retrieved from INSAT-3D Sounder, the only Geostationary Sounder over the Indian Region.
In addition to the satellite data, support for overlaying the ground observation data from Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) of ISRO and Global Telecommunication System (GTS) has been provided. These AWS measures the parameters like Temperature, Rainfall, Sunshine, Wind Direction/ Speed and Humidity. Option is also provided to synchronise ground observation with satellite data.
The latest addition to RAPID is 'Nowcast Data', which provides the forecast for next 3 hours prediction of the convective cells development and possible areas of thunderstorm.
As per the recent direction from the Government of India on the effective use of space technology by user ministries, more than 20 ministry portals are unveiled and have been discussed during the National meet on the use of space technologies, chaired by Hon’ble Prime minister of India. RAPID has become a popular platform that hosts data from Indian Geostationary Meteorological Satellite Missions in Geo-graphical Information System (GIS) environment in the country.
RAPID is also acting as a hub for satellite data and scientific products. They are effectively used for scientific studies and help students, researchers and organisations to understand the atmospheric phenomenon. During the India-South Africa Test Match at Bengaluru, (Nov 14-18, 2015) on Day 2, RAPID received whopping 4000 hits as there was a large cloud cover over the Southern India. There was a special mention by cricket commentators about RAPID for the latest weather conditions.
Special session towards effective utilisation of weather data using RAPID has been carried out at latest SPIE Conference held at Delhi during April 4-7, 2016. RAPID was presented and received special appreciation by Global Community in CGMS-44 Conference hosted by EUMETSAT at Biot, France during June 5-10, 2016. RAPID has become a widely popular site among all the age groups and nearly 3 lakh hits have been received since Aug 2015.

NDVI Point Probes with District Boundary Overlay in Red Color

Monthly Sea Surface Temperature (SST) Time Series Plot (Nov 2014)

INSAT-3D TIR-1 (10.8 micron) Brightness Temperature Image of Hudhud Cyclone in Bay of Bengal dated October 11, 2014

RGB Composite of INSAT-3D - VIS (0.65 micron), Shortwave IR (1.625 micron) and TIR-1 (10.8 micron) Reflectance
Yellow Color shown in Indo Gangetic Plain indicates dense Fog cover. The Orange Color shown in Indian Ocean is dense high Level Clouds

Temperature Vertical Profile Plot and Profile of INSAT-3D Sounder
Story of the Week - Archive
Aug 22, 2016 : RAPID: Gateway to Indian Weather Satellite Data
Aug 16, 2016 : ISRO enables Telemedicine service enroute Amarnath
Aug 08, 2016 : ISRO Trains ITI Students - A new initiative towards supporting ‘Skill India’
Aug 01, 2016 : Antarctica Ground Station for Earth Observation Satellites (AGEOS)
Jul 25, 2016 : ISRO's Participation in Antarctic Expedition
Jul 18, 2016 : Space-based Distance Learning for ITIs
Jul 09, 2016 : MOU Signed Between ISRO and MoRD for geo-tagging the assets of MGNREGA

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles