ISRO News and Updates

Swesh

Country flag
This is one area where I disagree with Modi and disappointed in. I will criticize Modi on this aspect since he is the self appointed Minister of Space. Modi needs to do a better job of supporting ISRO.
Word is called eyewash... Should be used here

Swesh

Country flag
Data seems inaccurate, how expenditure much higher then actual budget?
actual Dos budget/Total expenditure (total national budget)
You might be reading it wrong data itself taken from various budget ishueed by government of india

SKC

Country flag
From 2014 budget going down, it means govt not much supporting
Isn't it based on the requirement from agency.
If ISRO did not had requirement of increase in budget for 2020-22 due to COVID (they are blowing COVID trumpet themselves since last 2 yr) then the budget allotted will automatically decrease.

They are not doing launches in the same rate as before. Gaganyaan project is delayed. Only Chandrayaan 3 is in progress in priority.

SKC

Country flag
How can we expect from ISRO with peanut budget and such govt support.
They are getting what they ask for. Last 2 year ISRO PR only saying all the time, we got stuck with Covid and projects are delayed. Then what kind of money you are expecting to be put into their wallet.

I suspect have they even consumed the budget allotted to them in previous years fully?
Even with full budget the performance in recent year took nose dive and it shows up in the forum here.

Hope that with new chairman things go north again.

Last edited:

Swesh

Country flag
ISRO now much behind in space frontiers. Look how other space agencies in world doing doing interplanetary missions.
You my friend are getting it wrong it's interplanetary mission that are sucking blood of strategic projects. If you and anybody ask i can give you list of strategic projects that has vanished from books and launch schedule you will be amazed to know the implications

karn

Country flag
You my friend are getting it wrong it's interplanetary mission that are sucking blood of strategic projects. If you and anybody ask i can give you list of strategic projects that has vanished from books and launch schedule you will be amazed to know the implications
Problem is ISRO just wants to do all these scientific missions .. they want to off load all the satellite launches ,Military or otherwise to the private sector.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Data seems inaccurate, how expenditure much higher then actual budget?
Expenditure column is total government budget. First column is what has been allocated to ISRO and Third column is percentage of national budget allotment to ISRO.

Chinmoy

Country flag
This is one area where I disagree with Modi and disappointed in. I will criticize Modi on this aspect since he is the self appointed Minister of Space. Modi needs to do a better job of supporting ISRO.
I on my part disagree with the policy of decentralizing the space authority of India. But on other hand Government is giving impetus on ISRO working for core technology development rather then working on launch vehicles and satellite launching. For example if we look into the cost of one PSLV launch, it comes to around 130-200 crore per launch. Now even if 4k Crore or 5k Crore is allocated as budget to ISRO and we launch 10 missions of PSLV, half of the budget goes into non-productive activity.

So, the budget cut should be seen into the prospect where Govt is pushing pvt companies to take the job of launching and making commercial satellites so that ISRO could focus more on core technology development. In 2020-21 itself, around 100+ ToT has been provided by ISRO to pvt organizations.

But whether I or you agree to this step or not is another matter.

Blademaster

I on my part disagree with the policy of decentralizing the space authority of India. But on other hand Government is giving impetus on ISRO working for core technology development rather then working on launch vehicles and satellite launching. For example if we look into the cost of one PSLV launch, it comes to around 130-200 crore per launch. Now even if 4k Crore or 5k Crore is allocated as budget to ISRO and we launch 10 missions of PSLV, half of the budget goes into non-productive activity.

So, the budget cut should be seen into the prospect where Govt is pushing pvt companies to take the job of launching and making commercial satellites so that ISRO could focus more on core technology development. In 2020-21 itself, around 100+ ToT has been provided by ISRO to pvt organizations.

Well look at the launch rates of US and China even Ariana. ISRO has fallen way behind. India needs to put some serious gas to its space programs.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Well look at the launch rates of US and China even Ariana. ISRO has fallen way behind. India needs to put some serious gas to its space programs.
What is the point of launching 200Cr 400Cr rockets with just 1 or 2 payload?

TopWatcher

Country flag

Any idea when we see first pvt launch.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles