ISRO General News and Updates

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
ISRO Targets Landing Experiment Of RLV-TD This Month, Pushing It Closer To Orbital Re-entry Mission

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), which has made remarkable progress on the Reusable Launch Vehicle-technology Demonstrator (RLV-TD), is looking to carry out a key landing experiment (LEX) this month

The proposed LEX will push RLV-TD closer to an Orbital Re-entry Experiment (ORE). The planned landing experiment will be carried out in Challakere in Chitradurga district, some 220 km from Bengaluru.

“If the wind conditions are favourable, we should be able to it this month. This work is progressing," ISRO chairman, S Somnath, told The Times of India.

Concard

Country flag
When are we going to see a rocket which can lift 10 tons to Geostationary orbit? I am very disappointed with ISRO. GSLV MK3 compared to other rockets is very inefficient. It has a weight of 640 tons but only lifts 4 tons to GTO. Where as Japanese Rocket H-II has a mass of 260 tons but can carry a payload of close to 4 tons to GTO. They have been saying they are developing semi cryogenic rocket engines for so long. It looks like they haven't delivered. The rover they wanted to land on the moon looked like a high school project. ISRO is still run by old men, boomers if you want to call it.

Every time when a launch takes place I see the PC's used by ISRO employees, it looks like they are still on Windows XP. ISRO needs to be divided into departments. Robotics division, Rocket Propulsion division, Satellite communication division, Computer Science and Electronics division and so on. Our rocket technology needs to get better before we think landing on the moon or building our own space station.

TopWatcher

Country flag
When are we going to see a rocket which can lift 10 tons to Geostationary orbit? I am very disappointed with ISRO. GSLV MK3 compared to other rockets is very inefficient. It has a weight of 640 tons but only lifts 4 tons to GTO. Where as Japanese Rocket H-II has a mass of 260 tons but can carry a payload of close to 4 tons to GTO. They have been saying they are developing semi cryogenic rocket engines for so long. It looks like they haven't delivered. The rover they wanted to land on the moon looked like a high school project. ISRO is still run by old men, boomers if you want to call it.

Every time when a launch takes place I see the PC's used by ISRO employees, it looks like they are still on Windows XP. ISRO needs to be divided into departments. Robotics division, Rocket Propulsion division, Satellite communication division, Computer Science and Electronics division and so on. Our rocket technology needs to get better before we think landing on the moon or building our own space station.
Everything need money. GOI not investing too much. Govt wants pvt player shld come up.

Swesh

Swesh

I am deeply disappointed by the result of this guy's administration. He barely got anything done and just coasted on the prior administration's hard work. He was not a good administrator.
Upto some extent he is also a scapegoat of a miscalculated move by our pm who took a decision without considering circumstances and capabilities and later refusing to abide by his promise I just see isro as scapegoat. And this coming from who hate print and quint reporting

Swesh

I have an few information to you guys that lots of tests were bypassed in past 2-3 years including one crucial test of chanderYan-2 which resulted in its failure aslo it was not just oceansat-3 who faced faliure many more payload also failed in past six months risat was also delayed due to failure of one of its optical sensor.

Swesh

Swesh

ATR.

A1065/22 - GPS-RDO SONDE BALLOON ASCENTS WILL TAKE PLACE TO MEASURE UPPER AIR ATMOSPHERIC PARAMETERS FM AERONAUTICAL TEST RANGE(VARAVINA KAAVAL), CHALLEKERE,CHITRADURGA AS PER THE FLW DETAILS: LAUNCH SITE:AERONAUTICAL TEST RANGE(VARAVINA KAAVAL), CHITRADURGA 142313N 0763337E BALLOON COLOUR:WHITE BALLOON WT:600GRAMS BALLOON DIAMETER(AFT HELIUM GAS FILLING) :2M PAYLOAD WT:125GRAMS THREAD LEN:15M BALLOON HGT:UPTO 30KM ASCENT RATE:5MPS(18KMH) BALLOON ASCENT DUR:0120HR BALLOON DESCENT RATE:15-20MPS BALLOON TRANSMITTING FREQ:400MHZ-406MHZ BALLOON RELEASE TIMINGS:2330 0000 0200. GND - UNL, 2330-0400 DLY, 18 APR 12:50 2022 UNTIL 05 MAY 04:00 2022. CREATED: 18 APR 12:50 2022

It's a pre launch testing machanism for experimental or space vehicle to test suitability of atmospheric conditions before a launch a tell tale singn for any experiment or space vehicle launch

Swesh

On fast track
Forced to put off missions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ISRO is aiming to step up the pace in 2022. Around ten missions are planned this year, including four flights of the PSLV, and the RLV-LEX. The list also includes one mission each of the GSLV Mk-III and GSLV Mk-II and the maiden flight of the Small Satellite Launch Vehicle.

The delayed Gaganyaan human space flight mission will be given top priority, Mr. Somanath said. The next GSLV Mk-II will fly with modifications to its cryogenic upper stage as recommended by the Failure Analysis Committee which studied the failed GSLV-F10/EOS-03 mission.

Source: https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...v-landing-experiment-soon/article65344990.ece

Swesh

My dear friends i want to bring your attention towards a kind of information scam that is usually run by our PR team of isro while announcing launch dates they cleaverly switches between fiscal year and calander years this scam was being extensively used by k. Sivan to elude criticism for delay. S. Somnath is also using this technique to hide delays in project 😂😂😎😎

Swesh

My dear friends i want to bring your attention towards a kind of information scam that is usually run by our PR team of isro while announcing launch dates they cleaverly switches between fiscal year and calander years this scam was being extensively used by k. Sivan to elude criticism for delay. S. Somnath is also using this technique to hide delays in project 😂😂😎😎
@Vamsi @fire starter @Akula

Vamsi

Country flag
F**k they haven't released that AR....I have been waiting for it since a loonggg time

Vamsi

Country flag
You know what the other biggest scam is ....calling each launch as 2 different missions....they call it satellite mission, launch vehicle mission and add both of em & then declare, " see we have done 2 missions"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles