ISRO News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
Things change, 3 years ago we would not have expected the decline, ISRO was talking about 12 launches per year so on.
Then covid and gaganyaan was made the priority and here we are with ISRO trying to hide their faces.

He is pretty trustable source, eric berger of India.
When twitter user name frustrated pluto filed RTI about CY-3 tests, they replied that they can't share info because of NatSec reasons. Only after repeatedly grilling them, they gave the Info about CY-3 tests.You cannot blame govt or Gaganyaan project for above.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I hope he releases CY-2 FAC
Or might launch a new moon exploration program instead of Chandryaan series. All eyes are now on Gaganyaan.
Chandrayaan-3 is nothing more than a robotic landing experiment for now. Making heavy launchers and sending humans to space is real deal. That would allow far heavier missions to moon & Mars instead of sending symbolic demonstrators.

India doesn't have anything equivalent to Delta-IV Heavy, CZ-5, Proton-M, Ariane 5 and even H-IIB rockets yet.

Vamsi

Country flag
Or might launch a new moon exploration program instead of Chandryaan series. All eyes are now on Gaganyaan.
Chandrayaan-3 is nothing more than a robotic landing experiment for now. Making heavy launchers and sending humans to space is real deal. That would allow far heavier missions to moon & Mars instead of sending symbolic demonstrators.

India doesn't have anything equivalent to Delta-IV Heavy, CZ-5, Proton-M, Ariane 5 and even H-IIB rocket yet.
Immediately after CY-2 failure there were reports that ISRO submitted roadmap for lunar exploration to the govt. Let's see what happens

FalconZero

Country flag

India doesn't have anything equivalent to Delta-IV Heavy, CZ-5, Proton-M, Ariane 5 and even H-IIB rockets yet.
If ISRO says that we are not planning for Moon base by the end of the decade i am going to loose myself. Of course it's only possible once SCE200 successfully performs and we get SHLV. I am more excited about the prospects of HLV than anything.

Our new goal for Moon mission should be Moon Base, Dakshin Gangotri of our times. Should name it Chandra station 😄

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
If ISRO says that we are not planning for Moon base by the end of the decade i am going to loose myself. Of course it's only possible once SCE200 successfully performs and we get SHLV. I am more excited about the prospects of HLV than anything.

Our new goal for Moon mission should be Moon Base, Dakshin Gangotri of our times. Should name it Chandra station 😄
Even making a fully operational space station in earth's orbit by end of the decade is unrealistic for DoS. Leave alone moon base.

Vamsi

Country flag
Even making a fully operational space station in earth's orbit by end of the decade is unrealistic for DoS. Leave alone moon base.
Robotic lunar base is possible. Its less complicated, less expensive and consists of some rovers and landers ,can be used as tech demo for insitu resource utilisation

FalconZero

Country flag
I am not contesting that point, i just stating it cuz the returns of a space station at some meme earth orbit are less than what we can accomplish using station on moon, not saying directly create a base by 2030, rather start by sending a man on the moon first, some small habitat using 3d printing the regolith. It's very much possible in 10 years.

FalconZero

Country flag
BENGALURU: Senior rocket scientist S Somanath has been appointed as the tenth chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) and secretary, department of space (DoS). He will replace K Sivan, who will complete his term, which included a one-year extension, on January 14.
Somanath, who at present is serving as director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), told TOI: “The most important responsibility is to create a space enterprise in India where all the stakeholders, including DoS, Isro, IN-SPACe, industry and start-ups are all part of the efforts to expand the space programme on a bigger scale. This is the primary responsibility.”
just one part the article.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Robotic lunar base is possible. Its less complicated, less expensive and consists of some rovers and landers ,can be used as tech demo for insitu resource utilisation
No, a robotic base rather than an individual robotic mission would be far more complicated, expensive and less productive as far as current state of Indian space program is concerned.
I am not contesting that point, i just stating it cuz the returns of a space station at some meme earth orbit are less than what we can accomplish using station on moon, not saying directly create a base by 2030, rather start by sending a man on the moon first, some small habitat using 3d printing the regolith. It's very much possible in 10 years.
You are considering everything to go smooth.
You aren't accounting delays and failures which have delayed nearly every project by a decade at least.

FalconZero

Country flag
No, a robotic base rather than an individual robotic mission would be far more complicated, expensive and less productive as far as current state of Indian space program is concerned.

You are considering everything to go smooth.
You aren't accounting delays and failures which have delayed nearly every project by a decade at least.
One thing our space program lacked was a vision that would excite our common public, look at elon he said about putting men on the moon almost 8 or close to a decade ago and slowly worked hard towards it. There were countless videos of failures of SN1 to SN10 but people it only made people more support the likes of SpaceX.

People don't hate failures, people hate when others make excuses for not trying at all. This is what spaceX has achieved, giving people something to inspire too and working hard towards the goal. Currently i doubt even ISRO knows what it stands for, they will repeat the same quote from Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, i get it but people don't care.

Gaganyaan is good but there's nothing more powerful which is also achievable within the decade than landing Indians on a literal Moon and having a Moon Base by 2030, an Indian Lunar Base. You give the people that this is what we want to achieve and this is how we are going to achieve, now next thing is you share your progress and government should pour the money, 20billions in the span of 10 years for a single goal is not a bad quote.

Sorry for the late reply, i was calculating the delta v required to reach to the moon in good conditions and i realized i need to study more but SHLV should do it. Now let's just think about for the sake of the argument, we have sce200 ready and probably test is complete and now they are going to flight test it on gslv mk3, it's alright and next thing then need is to strap more of these engines together and create s400 and then s90 (I am not sure about this still reading on it) and we already have c32 which can be upgraded pretty easily i assume and if we go into full mission mode we can achieve SHLV within 6 to 7 years considering we got the Engines which is the most crucial part next thing is just creating a structure around it.

After that launch some people at the Moon, we got 3 years for to prep for that human rating so on. Enough to get a first man on the moon and subsequent launches for permanent base. This should be our ultimate goal for the end of the decade.

And yes it sounds a bit outlandish but sometimes we just have to aim a bit bigger, take risks. I for once wish we do it....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles