ISRO General News and Updates

Mantospace

Country flag
Yup…I am saddened too. The very passive policies of ISRO, internal sabotages like the Nambi Narayan episode, the Antrix-Devas debacle, not much focus on S&T by BJP, etc are also further reasons for this sorry state. The challenge is how to get out of it. What can be done to turn the ship around? I think this government’s focus is much more on DRDO military applications than in civilian science sectors. ISRO is going to struggle for a while now - that much is certain.
I m afraid might be we loose them.

its bit harsh word.

Varoon2

Country flag
Mangalyaan/Mars Orbiter Mission has completed 7 years in orbit!

India's Mars Orbiter spacecraft has completed seven years in its orbit, well beyond its designed mission life of six months. "Indeed, a satisfying feeling," K Radhakrishnan who as the then Chairman of Indian Space Research Oranisation (ISRO) led...

( btw, one really ignorant comment in the comments section, about not having seen one single photo taken by this satellite)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
It's quite irritating watching @RoaringTigerHiddenDragon and @SKC littering the thread.

If you guys don't have anything beyond this quality, why you don't restrict yourself to YouTube and FB comments whinning? There are plenty of video game addicted teenage SM warriors just like you with such quote quite such simple solutions for any sort of problems.

This thread was created for general "news & updates" and has bee found spammed by street stormers in 8 out of 10 notifications.

Varoon2

Country flag
^ Still, some legitimate criticisms can be, and have been made, about ISRO's functioning.

Reactions: SKC

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think we shld ask govt, what happened to ISRO, hw suddenly collapsed.
It's not the Government's fault that there are launch failures, and Chandrayaan landing failure happened.. That would lie at the feet of the current ISRO leadership.. and the project team..

Gessler

Country flag
This is a military program.. 😳
Yes, its a military-led program. However it also has civilian aspect to it, as the SSA data is shared with civilian agencies as well, toward the mutual benefit of not letting satellite collide in space.

To quote the USSTRATCOM commander at the time when JSpoC became CSpOC:

"Today’s establishment of the CSpOC is just the beginning, as our CSpOC family will continue to grow as we identify opportunities to work together with like-minded nations.”

Gessler

Country flag
Yes, its a military-led program. However it also has civilian aspect to it, as the SSA data is shared with civilian agencies as well, toward the mutual benefit of not letting satellite collide in space.

To quote the USSTRATCOM commander at the time when JSpoC became CSpOC:

"Today’s establishment of the CSpOC is just the beginning, as our CSpOC family will continue to grow as we identify opportunities to work together with like-minded nations.”

From the wiki:

• Commercial Integration Cell (CIC): integrates commercial space organizations, such as commercial satellite owners and operators, into the CSpOC, enabling greater communication between military and commercial space.
This is where the MoU with ISRO comes in.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
From the wiki:

• Commercial Integration Cell (CIC): integrates commercial space organizations, such as commercial satellite owners and operators, into the CSpOC, enabling greater communication between military and commercial space.
This is where the MoU with ISRO comes in.
Remember India was creating its own space fence. Any updates?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
^ Still, some legitimate criticisms can be, and have been made, about ISRO's functioning.
No, there is no legitimate criticism or genuine reasoning involved. I'm all up for introspection but what has been going on is all around whinning along with display of zero knowledge and nil willingness to lean anything either.

Gessler

Country flag
Remember India was creating its own space fence. Any updates?
Fence or Force :laugh:

I was imagining LoC type fence in space. :laugh::laugh:

You mean the Defence Space Agency (DSA). It's probably coming along just as slowly as everything else (Defence Cyber Agency, AFSOD, Theatre Commands etc.), if not much slower. No real updates to speak of.

Eventually though, SSA should be responsibility of the DSA.

SKC

Country flag
It's quite irritating watching @RoaringTigerHiddenDragon and @SKC littering the thread.

If you guys don't have anything beyond this quality, why you don't restrict yourself to YouTube and FB comments whinning? There are plenty of video game addicted teenage SM warriors just like you with such quote quite such simple solutions for any sort of problems.

This thread was created for general "news & updates" and has bee found spammed by street stormers in 8 out of 10 notifications.
You are not happy with our comment. Fine!
But personal comments like this. Do you know us personally that you are putting such labels on us?

You are a mod here so we cant even argue with you, you will simply ban us and claim victory.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You are not happy with our comment. Fine!
But personal comments like this. Do you know us personally that you are putting such labels on us?
It would have been a personal attack if we were actually engaged in a meaningful discussion.

But since it has been over stubbornness, I'm just attacking your tone which I guarantee that any person in field too will only ridicule.
I don't like to make grudges for me into my friends. But the "criticism" which has been offered so far is of nil value.

It's upto you if you can handle criticism or offer anything to support assumptions.
You are a mod here so we cant even argue with you, you will simply ban us and claim victory.
This green label puts more restrictions as far as my words and conducts are concerned. So no, I don't ban people who are arguing with me. Not even those trolling or abusing me, leave alone you.

I will although clean thread again and again if it deviates from its purpose.
Regards

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Fence or Force :laugh:

I was imagining LoC type fence in space. :laugh::laugh:

You mean the Defence Space Agency (DSA). It's probably coming along just as slowly as everything else (Defence Cyber Agency, AFSOD, Theatre Commands etc.), if not much slower. No real updates to speak of.

Eventually though, SSA should be responsibility of the DSA.
Bruh. Was talking about Space Fence similar to one operated by Muricans. Basically that radar network for SSA. To date, only news of Defence Space Agency I've heard are:-
1.) Defence Space Agency created.
2.) Defence Space Research Organization created.
3.) IndSpaceEx tabletop exercise conducted
4.) Looking at other space weapons apart from ASAT, like co-orbital killer sats.
And now
5.) Project Veda
Not sure if space fence is under ISRO or DSA.

sorcerer

Country flag
ISRO and Bhutan's Dept of telecom signs contract to jointly develop a small satellite-India News , Firstpost

India on Friday signed the implementing arrangement on the joint development of a small satellite for Bhutan.

The agreement was inked by Indian Space Research Organisation's Scientific Secretary R Umamaheswaran, and Director, Department of Department of Information Technology and Telecom, Bhutan, Jigme Tenzing, in a virtual signing ceremony, ISRO said.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles