ISRO News and Updates

sorcerer

Country flag

FalconZero

Country flag

Now start buying ISRO stuff :drool:
Yaas, actually ISRO i think released an invitation for those last year or so and was eagerly waiting for it. I hope they do justice with our old isro projects. I will look up if the company is taking suggestions for t-shirts etc. Definitely will buy few.

mandestiny

Country flag
Yaas, actually ISRO i think released an invitation for those last year or so and was eagerly waiting for it. I hope they do justice with our old isro projects. I will look up if the company is taking suggestions for t-shirts etc. Definitely will buy few.
I am also looking for scale models of vehicles/sattelites/etc, definity will buy. Hope company will release scale models also.

sorcerer

Country flag
ISRO's merchandiser programme takes off with 8 companies already onboard

Now, one will be able to purchase authorised products connected to ISROs missions and work, such as scale models, T-shirts, mugs, space-themed educational games, science toys, and more.

ISRO believes this brand promotion exercise can play a "game-changing" role in creating awareness and kindling interest of students, children and public, in the domain of space science & technology, and propagating its achievements.

"Eight companies have so far registered with ISRO on a non-exclusive basis with a registration fee regarding customised ISRO-theme based articles / models", an official of the Bengaluru headquartered space agency, under the Department of Space (DoS), told PTI on Sunday.'

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Delay delay delay
Lol…I bet on this delay. ISRO won’t be able to launch any manned mission until 2030. They simply don’t have the in-house talent to do so. They keep saying help will be taken from several countries and these countries if plagued by the Wuhan virus are going to put helping ISRO in the low priority.

At this point, anyone and everyone can see that ISRO has serious talent shortage and no will/drive to execute big projects on time. The China virus is just an excuse. The entire leadership team and the way ISRO is being run has to be re-examined. And I am sorry but Dr. K. Sivan has to go. I have zero confidence in his ability as a leader. He has not delivered and has set the program back.

Akula

Country flag
Lol…I bet on this delay. ISRO won’t be able to launch any manned mission until 2030. They simply don’t have the in-house talent to do so. They keep saying help will be taken from several countries and these countries if plagued by the Wuhan virus are going to put helping ISRO in the low priority.

At this point, anyone and everyone can see that ISRO has serious talent shortage and no will/drive to execute big projects on time. The China virus is just an excuse. The entire leadership team and the way ISRO is being run has to be re-examined. And I am sorry but Dr. K. Sivan has to go. I have zero confidence in his ability as a leader. He has not delivered and has set the program back.
He has been given extension of 1 year by the government. Next year in January he will retire.

mandestiny

Country flag

I don't think ISRO has talent problem.

Problem is leadership, change the leader and see things will start working. Even no clue about Cy3 timeline.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
He has been given extension of 1 year by the government. Next year in January he will retire.
I think he should take responsibility and resign. He has failed and as a leader and he needs to step down demonstrating that leadership performance has to be taken seriously. ISRO needs a dynamic administrator and not just someone being promoted for working there forever. The internal politics is excessive and performance debilitating. The biggest frustration is announcing a date and then delaying and doing this repeatedly, which shows high levels of unprofessional behavior.
‘Now I am 100% sure and very saddened that under the current administrative model, ISRO will not be a key player in international space programs.

ketaki

Country flag
i m not surprised at all...ISRO works in that "speed" wonleee saar...

compare that with JFK declaring in 1961 (with NASA having only handful of "manned space hours" as an achievement) to land a man on the moon before the decade is out and NASA doing it in july 1969...

i m happy that at least modi made them seriously do HSP mission (literally declaring it on top of the red fort) even if he tasked them to do by 2022/23

Country flag
They simply don’t have the in-house talent to do so.
They need a network of 40 ground stations and 2-4 data transmission satellites. No administrator in the world has "talent" to produce them by farting from his @**. Construction takes time and talent manpower isn't an issue.
All humans have minds to execute tasks they are trained for. There aren't any superior or inferior, more or less talented races than Indians.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles