ISRO News and Updates

Akula

Country flag
I know, but bring it don't help much.
Competition is very high, finding forien order is very difficult, since gov of usa/china/Russia/eu don't support it.
Adding mk3 bring isro to achieve 97% of Indian needs.
Best thing about ISRO is low cost for space mission and not launching satellites. Reusable launch vehicle like ones of space x is a huge challenge. ISRO don't have that kind of money, it's like IAF building a force like USAF.
Reusability is the future. Earlier only government owned space agencies were there. Now private companies have shown their capabilities eg Spacex. Even Rocket lab is planning Neuron reusable rocket. ISRO is planning a test demonstrator called 'Admire'.
The only thing I hate about ISRO is there timeline and specially that December dates.

Country flag
First launch pad has been modified during the lockdown.
Won't be a big deal, it will be made a commercial mission launch pad for PSLV. (Minimum 10 PSLV/GSLV launches are required for an year besides 4-5 GSLV Mk III launches if India actually wants to show itself as some real kind of space industrial power).
What is HLV and SHLV?
Hevay and super heavy rocket projects which have been in study in India since 2010. They will use clustered SCE-200 engines which will be tested on GSLV Mk III in 2023-24 first. They also wanted to bring a new series of modular rockets (UMLV) to replace PSLV/GSLV etc. but seems that's in cold bag now.

I think we have discussed those earlier a lot in thread with details, updates, news and official slides from ISRO.

mandestiny

Country flag
Reusability is the future. Earlier only government owned space agencies were there. Now private companies have shown their capabilities eg Spacex. Even Rocket lab is planning Neuron reusable rocket. ISRO is planning a test demonstrator called 'Admire'.
The only thing I hate about ISRO is there timeline and specially that December dates.
Yeh December mar dalta hai. Har project ka deadline december hi hota hai :)

Varun2002

Country flag
Indx Tech Style. excuse the naivete , but how did ISRO manage two huge launches in May-June/2017, within a month of one another. On May 5th, the GSLV Mk2 launched South Asia Sat GSAT-9, and on June 5th the GSLV Mk3 launched GSAT-19. And both of course from the second launch pad. Was it a case of being one of those times when all the components for the two vehicles were available for the respective launch dates? Again in 2018, a GSLV Mk 3 was launched on Nov 14th, and a Mk2 on Dec 19th. Just 5 weeks apart.

Country flag
Indx Tech Style. excuse the naivete , but how did ISRO manage two huge launches in May-June/2017, within a month of one another. On May 5th, the GSLV Mk2 launched South Asia Sat GSAT-9, and on June 5th the GSLV Mk3 launched GSAT-19. And both of course from the second launch pad. Was it a case of being one of those times when all the components for the two vehicles were available for the respective launch dates? Again in 2018, a GSLV Mk 3 was launched on Nov 14th, and a Mk2 on Dec 19th. Just 5 weeks apart.
Rockets are assembled in explodable structures called Vehicle Assembly Buildings (VABs). At that time, India had just one operational and second was just given just for this purpose.

Obviously, ISRO already had components of both rockets stacked at once.

Simultaneous assembly of Vehicle in two different buildings took place.

Lonewolf

Country flag
:hmm: its resolution is 42m,free sat imagery available online is 10m per pixel.

hows that gonna help at border ?

Anyone know ?
That is for us , isro is developing 4m a resolution for public so for military will surely this will also be better than 40 m

shubu

Country flag

Anyone know ?
GISAT is geostationary satellite i.e, above 35000 km from earth surface that's why low resolution imagery. But the advantage of geostationary imagery satellite is that they are available at any given time.

Country flag

Anyone know ?
It is a hyperspectral satellite, can scan resources, weather or presumably materials from space.

Border job is for CartoSats which have resolution in centimeters.

Country flag
@Karthi @FalconSlayers
This sub-forum is named "Indian Space Program" and have different threads from RLV and human spaceflight. I suggest only keeping this thread for general news and not littering place with everything.

Instead we should have dedicated threads from evey spacecraft series and sticky threads for long endurance or high importance missions. Like one for GISAT?

I'm gonna create a couple of great threads tomorrow.

FalconSlayers

Country flag
@Karthi @FalconSlayers
This sub-forum is named "Indian Space Program" and have different threads from RLV and human spaceflight. I suggest only keeping this thread for general news and not littering place with everything.

Instead we should have dedicated threads from evey spacecraft series and sticky threads for long endurance or high importance missions. Like one for GISAT?

I'm gonna create a couple of great threads tomorrow.
Thats ok but it is related to ISRO and the thread is related to its news so I posted it, anyways will follow the right thread today onwards.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles