ISRO News and Updates

Country flag
How soon is 'very soon' ?

Current gslv mk3 has a capacity of only 4 Tons to gto and semi cryo engine has not been even ground tested yet.
20-25 tonnes to GTO won't be a HLV but a super heavy rocket. Obviously, ISRO is at least a decade behind before even trying something like this.

Just 2 years back, they were floating the concept of a large version of UMLV with 35 tonnes capacity to GTO which now is nowhere mentioned at ISRO. May be in next decade, if they increase budget suddenly by manifolds, it isn't unrealistic either. It happened during cold war too.
Or probably Sivan is making a mistake? 20-25 tonnes capacity might be to LEO. We are not very far from testing a rocket similar to Delta-IV or CZ-5 or Ariane-V.

Akula

Country flag

I must say that ISRO is really coming off age.
Personal rant:-
ISRO should not broadcast their rocket launch on DD national. If they can't atleast provide an alternative in form of live streaming of high quality on YouTube. Use a dedicated crew for broadcast and PR activities. Be active on social media platforms with blue ticks.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ISRO should not broadcast their rocket launch on DD national. If they can't atleast provide an alternative in form of live streaming of high quality on YouTube. Use a dedicated crew for broadcast and PR activities. Be active on social media platforms with blue ticks.
Imagine some one copy righting shitty quality video.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
😂
I don't want to see broadcast of Gaganyaan in 480p. I feel shame that a Government owned organization (DD network) can't provide 1080p broadcast. Republic day also have the same story.
At least invite private news channels.

SKC

Country flag
I have been to Prasar Bharti studios in Delhi multiple times during my school era for various school programs.
They have late 80s to mid 90s SD resolution equipment. They are not getting away from it soon.
Just check the production quality of TV shows being aired on DD National. Same old SD Resolution of 480p and 540p.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles