ISRO General News and Updates

shankyz

Country flag
Paki concern during Chinese ASAT test : Nil

But no shortage of thekedaari.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy J7

Akask kumar

1. I'm not pitching for destroying environment. We can make weapons in a safer way to earth, test them way farther than earth.
  2. Yes, few countries are going for it, US, Russian Federation and PRC. India must not lag.
  3. I'm not pitching for preventing other countries' entry in space. But First Come, First Serve. India must master this technology for more and more interests before countries around the world start competing.
  4. Space has a huge territory to live, a large reservoir of fuel gases and energy sources, this is more than a clash for requirements, this is a clash for greeds.
Nothing personal at you my friend, I.can understand your wish for peace but being too pacifist following Nehru's approach is going to be proved a slumber.

You say that we must not do if other countries don't but sad truth is that it has already been done, space already has been weaponized. After using space program for civilian purposes only for decades, finally India has awaked from slumber and started utilizing it's *all* resources for security. You have a communist neighbor too which will never hezitate from deploying an aerospace conflict force.
There is no method to know , if the missile is having a nuclear warhead or a conventional warhead .
It revels only after detonation .
So it is very very difficult to restrict nuclear warheads in space .
I don't know any method by which we can restrict nations to place nuclear warheads but allow to place other warheads anywhere .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
Ya i agree.. we should not lag,the game was started when china shot down itS own satellite putting the HEAT on us..

i am not worried about the beginning/initial stage of the space weaponization.. initially it will be restricted to shooting down GPS and communication satellites..which will create just space debri no threat to environment..

the second stage will be putting anti-sat missile defence - no prob here too.

third stage - will be satellite destroying satellites..no need to fire missile from earth ..

fourth stage - satellite destroying ground targets [HERE the problem starts].but i still believe only a moron country like china will put nuclear war head in space..because a simple kinetic weapon can do equivalent damage without using nuclear war head(ROD from God)..

if space weaponization is restricted to third stage and countries start using LASER tech to hunt down sat.Then no problem..it will create no debri plus will push tech level to next stage like all previous great wars had done (WW1 WW2)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Ya i agree.. we should not lag,the game was started when china shot down itS own satellite putting the HEAT on us..

i am not worried about the beginning/initial stage of the space weaponization.. initially it will be restricted to shooting down GPS and communication satellites..which will create just space debri no threat to environment..

the second stage will be putting anti-sat missile defence - no prob here too.

third stage - will be satellite destroying satellites..no need to fire missile from earth ..

fourth stage - satellite destroying ground targets [HERE the problem starts].but i still believe only a moron country like china will put nuclear war head in space..because a simple kinetic weapon can do equivalent damage without using nuclear war head(ROD from God)..

if space weaponization is restricted to third stage and countries start using LASER tech to hunt down sat.Then no problem..it will create no debri plus will push tech level to next stage like all previous great wars had done (WW1 WW2)
Stage 5, colonizing other planets and Moons of Solar System for resources and place, make bunkers for shelter for people and military bases.
Not a technological challenge for more than 50 years for any major space power if there was no funding problem, heavy; very heavy funds.:p

Stage-6 Make your own fleet of startships which are enough to store your people (this won't gonna be easy at all to.store millions and nearly a billion in case of India, for some centuries at least), suck up all resources of earth and solar system bodies and then, competition with other fleets (countries) to search, absorb and destroy other planet.

Countries with their respective fleets will voyage around the Universe for their people.
They will have huge X-Ray beam lasers, infra red and micro red vapourizers, gamma ray blasters, obviously fusion weapons, electromagnetic and plasma weapons to kill each other, aliens or for destroying planet.

Seems that I have gone too deep in Star Trek.LOL!:biggrin2:

rishivashista13

Country flag
Off course ,Very deep , in science fiction ..........

What looks possible is -

Construction of a system like SDI (strategic defence initiative ) or star wars missile defence system , the project which was started by America during cold war .

Placing nuclear and other powerful weapons on moon .

Using nuclear powered lasers as a space weapon .

Armed satellites , rail guns etc .

Akask kumar

Off course ,Very deep , in science fiction ..........

What looks possible is -

Construction of a system like SDI (strategic defence initiative ) or star wars missile defence system , the project which was started by America during cold war .

Placing nuclear and other powerful weapons on moon .

Using nuclear powered lasers as a space weapon .

Armed satellites , rail guns etc .

that laser thing on Moon or earth/mars orbit may happen to push crafts powered by solar sails.. but that is still fantasy ..

Akask kumar

SAARC satellite launch delayed
Finally, a sane decision. I will even suggest to do eveb Pad Abort Test after LVM3. We can donate these thankless neighbors later.
Yes may be at the end of this gvt tenure..dnt let this program to overtake other crucial ones.. Though this is imp one too..as i said before it will boost our image further on international level..

why dnt we have myanmar(immediate neighbor),indonesia(close to andaman) in SAARC.. they are better than pak,nepal,bangladesh nd sri lanka both in terms of relation with us and economy too..

Yes LVM3 before PAD abort test.. whats the point of carrying PAD abort test if our carrier vehicle isnt fully ready..

Akask kumar

Why we don't have USA and Russia etc. in SAARC. Why SAARC didn't replace UN?:D
Myanmar and Indonesia are SE Asian Countries.
may be indonesia is SE nation but myanman is next to india.. sharing border with us.. These SE,ME exist in western dictionary..FYI the definition of ASIAN is different in west society and here..

for them we arent asians but chinese are.. LOL..:rofl:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
may be indonesia is SE nation but myanman is next to india.. sharing border with us..
We already have huge projects in those countries, even bigger than SAARC. Latest one is to connect Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam etc. with infrastructure. Don't worry in.this case.
These SE,ME exist in western dictionary..FYI the definition of ASIAN is different in west society and here..
In my dictionary,
  1. Middle East Region of Religion of Peace - it's incredible against any part. I hope this cancer doesn't spread to rest of Asia.
  2. North East Asia Some super rich yellow monkies who were as poor in 50s as we were. Though double digit growth rate put their living standards at par (sometimes even higher) with Western countries. Like Japan is ahead of USA in Inequality adjusted HDI. So, they too are incredible cuz nobody in Asia have living standards anywhere near them.
  3. North Asia, Central and North West Asia, ruskies, turkies, azeris, Kazhaks etc., middle income economies, somewhat above world and Asia's average in development (though nowhere near NE Asia). A fascist commie bunch, was mostly a part of USSR in Soviet era. Struggling to re achieve their Soviet Era might and have Uranium etc. nuclear materials and minerals as their sources for income.
  4. Eastern Asia, One is China, most fashionable name when we talk of emerging superpowers, HD Indicators at world average but living standards behind because of a high inequality of income among citizens. Once, it was a war torn, fourth world, a poor country, but economic growth, America's Soviet Policy (to support China against Soviet), China's vast richness in minerals, global order (that China got to make a huge industrial complex), all factors in favour of China and China didn't let this oppurtuinity go unlike our pacifist Nehru ji. Now, a days busy in victimization propaganda to won sympathy of citizens in South China Sea. Rest are tigers like NE Asia whose success story doesn't nees to be mentioned.
  5. South East Asia, the mix of middle income, very poor and third world economies, on average coming out with same living standards as that of India. Many times they are trolled by NE Asians on forums that how poor they are. Though their economic growth is back on track now. Engaging with China in SCS. Have higher HDI than India because of high literacy rate.
  6. India and it's tiny thankless neighborhood, former British colonies whose money was drained by britards during great game. 7 out of 8 suffering from identity crisis are trying their best to prove that how there was no India before 47, and they have their own millions of years of history. Rest of them aspire to be the mix breed of Arabs, Turks, Iranians and probably even aliens. In 50s, around Chinese civil war, they were even behind Africa in living standards. Though economic boom in last few decades improved conditions. One of them, is experiencing the boom since last 25 years is India, who has 75% of entire economy. Taking advantage of huge manpower and economy, it has invested heavily in research and military. Aspires to be a really big power in upcoming decades. Already, overtaken most of neighbors in living standards and gap is expanding between them. Engaged in a number of strategic issues. And as a result, citizens of this country are able to do nationalistic chest thumping on DFI.:biggrin2: But the people of this country are kanjoos, daal khane wale, vege, fascist and unislamic. As long as India has aspirations to be as great as China and America, we will keep doing every jugaad to MAKE INDIA GREAT AGAIN.:bounce:
In my opinion, Asia is a huge continent, actually a collection of subcontinents with huge diversity and can't be integrated in any way like Europe. Big powers and regional powers inside the continent won't let their monopoly end.
for them we arent asians but chinese are.. LOL..:rofl:
That's for USA. Vice versa occurs in UK.
In USA, Asian refers of East Asian, given their majority over Indians and history of yellow peril, Americans are more familiar with them.
Meanwhile in UK, they refer to Indians as Asians as they are taught in school, how bravely, they invaded abd ruled us, it fills them with glory.:rofl:

Last edited:

Akask kumar

We already have huge projects in those countries, even bigger than SAARC. Latest one is to connect Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam etc. with infrastructure. Don't worry in.this case.

In my dictionary,
  1. Middle East Region of Religion of Peace - it's incredible against any part. I hope this cancer doesn't spread to rest of Asia.
  2. North East Asia Some super rich yellow monkies who were as poor in 50s as we were. Though double digit growth rate put their living standards at par (sometimes even higher) with Western countries. Like Japan is ahead of USA in Inequality adjusted HDI. So, they too are incredible cuz nobody in Asia have living standards anywhere near them.
  3. North Asia, Central and North West Asia, ruskies, turkies, azeris, Kazhaks etc., middle income economies, somewhat above world and Asia's average in development (though nowhere near NE Asia). A fascist commie bunch, was mostly a part of USSR in Soviet era. Struggling to re achieve their Soviet Era might and have Uranium etc. nuclear materials and minerals as their sources for income.
  4. Eastern Asia, One is China, most fashionable name when we talk of emerging superpowers, HD Indicators at world average but living standards behind because of a high inequality of income among citizens. Once, it was a war torn, fourth world, a poor country, but economic growth, America's Soviet Policy (to support China against Soviet), China's vast richness in minerals, global order (that China got to make a huge industrial complex), all factors in favour of China and China didn't let this oppurtuinity go unlike our pacifist Nehru ji. Now, a days busy in victimization propaganda to won sympathy of citizens in South China Sea. Rest are tigers like NE Asia whose success story doesn't nees to be mentioned.
  5. South East Asia, the mix of middle income, very poor and third world economies, on average coming out with same living standards as that of India. Many times they are trolled by NE Asians on forums that how poor they are. Though their economic growth is back on track now. Engaging with China in SCS. Have higher HDI than India because of high literacy rate.
  6. India and it's tiny thankless neighborhood, former British colonies whose money was drained by britards during great game. 7 out of 8 suffering from identity crisis are trying their best to prove that how there was no India before 47, and they have their own millions of years of history. Rest of them aspire to be the mix breed of Arabs, Turks, Iranians and probably even aliens. In 50s, around Chinese civil war, they were even behind Africa in living standards. Though economic boom in last few decades improved conditions. One of them, is experiencing the boom since last 25 years is India, who has 75% of entire economy. Taking advantage of huge manpower and economy, it has invested heavily in research and military. Aspires to be a really big power in upcoming decades. Already, overtaken most of neighbors in living standards and gap is expanding between them. Engaged in a number of strategic issues. And as a result, citizens of this country are able to do nationalistic chest thumping on DFI.:biggrin2: But the people of this country are kanjoos, daal khane wale, vege, fascist and unislamic. As long as India has aspirations to be as great as China and America, we will keep doing every jugaad to MAKE INDIA GREAT AGAIN.:bounce:
In my opinion, Asia is a huge continent, actually a collection of subcontinents with huge diversity and can't be integrated in any way like Europe. Big powers and regional powers inside the continent won't let their monopoly end.

That's for USA. Vice versa occurs in UK.
In USA, Asian refers of East Asian, given their majority over Indians and history of yellow peril, Americans are more familiar with them.
Meanwhile in UK, they refer to Indians as Asians as they are taught in school, how bravely, they invaded abd ruled us, it fills them with glory.:rofl:
Yes u are right about the thankless neighbors.. they have no history of their own and all are created by the british .be it bangladesh,pak,srilanka,nepal etc.. sikkim was also a country but later forged itself with india in 1971..Though we share a common heritage but they pretend to differ from us in every way..
Without India ,they cant express their true past.. and cant survive in present..

Our foolish media just show Pak as our lost brother and part of India without ever discussing about the other nations & many ignorant Indians also think that these neighbors existed since the birth of universe..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Story of the Week - Indian Space Research Organization
NARL MST Radar observes echoes from the Moon

The high power, large aperture Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radar established at National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Gadanki nearly two and half decades ago was designed to study the middle and upper atmospheric dynamics. This radar has now been successfully employed to detect the moon echoes, providing opportunity of probing planetary bodies, a new dimension of future research activities from NARL. The detection of moon echoes also provides an opportunity to characterise the large phased array antenna system including the calibration of the radar.
Since the moon is about 3,68,000 km away from the earth, the RF pulse has to travel for ~2.5 seconds to return to the radar from the moon’s surface. Since the primary design of the radar was not meant to study the moon, experiment was conducted cleverly in range-ambiguous mode in such a way that the range folded echoes from the moon fall in the height region where apparent source of atmospheric echoes were absent. The radar beam was positioned at 18° East, 12° East, 6° East, Zenith, and 6° West sequentially so as to receive moon echoes while it was apparently transiting from East to West. Due to the finite beam width (2.8°) of the antenna pattern and the apparent angular dimension of the moon is about 0.5°, the transit time of the moon across the antenna beam is estimated to be about 15 minutes. Observations were made for 26 minutes at each beam position in order to detect echoes beyond the half power beam width of the antenna radiation pattern.
The experiment was successful and an example of moon echoes observed in different directions, in the form of range-time variations of Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), is shown in the figure. In this Figure, the true range ≈ observed range + 3,67,740 km. Salient results obtained are:
  • the moon echoes are found to have SNR as high as 20 dB
  • echo power changes as the radar pulse travels from the sub-terrestrial point towards the limbs consistent with the angular dependence of echo power
  • Doppler spectral property changes from narrow single peak spectrum to multi-peak spectrum as the radar pulse travels from the sub-terrestrial point towards the limbs
  • multi-peak spectra are found to be originating from multiple discrete targets on the moon
The first results from the moon echo experiments conducted using the MST radar are shown to be in agreement with those reported earlier at similar frequencies. The strong signals with narrow spectral features have been attributed to radar returns at normal incidence from places close to the sub-terrestrial point on the moon while the weak echoes with relatively broad spectral features have been attributed to discrete multiple scattering centers along the limb, which have also been confirmed by higher-order spectral analysis.
Radar techniques have been extensively used for studying the moon ever since the radio signals reflected from the moon were detected using ground-based radar. Both earth-bound and satellite-based radar techniques have since been employed for probing the moon’s surface topography, impact craters morphology, and regolith. Most of the radar observations for studying the moon, however, have been made at centimeter wavelengths except for a few which were done from the earth in the meter-decameter wavelength. Radar experiments at meter-decameter wavelengths provided important information on the wavelength dependence of radar cross section and angular dependence of backscattering, which were used for characterising lunar surface properties, regolith and underneath rocks.
It is planned to employ the delay-Doppler technique on the MST radar for mapping the moon’s surface, which would be a reality in the near future once the active array MST radar project is upgraded for incoherent scatter radar applications. Such observations then can be compared with those of Mini-SAR onboard Chandrayaan-1 not only to understand the moon surface but also to study the Very High Frequency (VHF) echoes from the moon and the ionospheric effects on radio experiments.
Details on the echo characteristics and its implications can be found in a research paper published recently in Current Science.
Link to MST Radar

SNR of moon echoes as a function of ambiguous-range and time observed in different beams. Echoes marked as A, B, C, D, and E correspond to observations made in 18° East, 12° East, 6° East, Zenith, and 6° West beams, respectively
Story of the Week - Archive
Oct 24, 2016 : NARL MST Radar observes echoes from the Moon
Oct 17, 2016 : INSAT-3DR Augments INSAT-3D for Improved Weather Monitoring and Prediction
Oct 10, 2016 : Indian Space Science Data Centre (ISSDC) - Gateway to India's Space Science Data
Oct 03, 2016 : AstroSat Completes One Year in Orbit
Sep 26, 2016 : SCATSAT-1 – Satellite for Weather Forecasting, Cyclone Detection and Tracking
Sep 19, 2016 : Updated Flood Hazard Atlas for Assam State
Sep 12, 2016 : Bengaluru Space Expo (BSX)-2016

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Get ready to know more about ISRO's moon, mars missions
(Representative image)
CHANDIGARH: It is time for space enthusiasts to get ready for 'astronomical delight' with Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) all set to organize fifth national conference on space in Chandigarh this season. The conference will witness discussions on ISRO's recent landmark missions and upcoming missions, including Chandrayaan II and Mangalyaan II.
Also, a science exhibition would be organized by Isro showcasing models of satellites launched by it. It will be jointly hosted by International Space Society(ISS) and Dikshant Group of Schools in association with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in the Tricity. The exhibition would be open for all.
The conference will be held in the auditorium of Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, Chandigarh, whereas the exhibition will take place at the campus of Dikshant Global School, VIP Road, Zirakpur, said Suresh Naik, former group director, ISRO-cum-chairman, International Space Society (ISS) and Mitul Dikshit, chairman, Dikshant Group of Schools and president, ISS.
"These expert presentations will be coupled with a breathtaking exhibition on astronomy, showcasing various models and posters for students. While the conference is being organized at GMCH auditorium on Tuesday, the ISRO exhibition will be inaugurated at Dikshant Global School, VIP Road, Zirakpur, on Wednesday," said Dikshit.
"The conference will see pertinent and current subjects being discussed about space science by experts. As many as 3,000 students from the region as well as other parts of the country are expected to participate. The space exhibition being put up by ISRO is a major attraction for students as the motive is to give a boost to science culture in schoolchildren," said Dikshit.
For two days, Chandigarh will be home to top speakers in the field of space science. A talk on Astrosat by professor J S Bagla of IISER, Chandigarh, is planned during the conference. Dr M C Uttam, who is currently working as director, ISRO-UoP, Space Technology Cell, University of Pune, will give an informative talk on GSLV mission with cryogenic engine. Prof Suresh Naik will present a talk on Chandrayaan I and Mangalyaan.
Naik said, "The International Space Society aims at creating awareness about space science and astronomy through outreach and training programmes specifically focused on school students. The objective of the upcoming conference is to give exposure to students so as to ignite an interest in them about the fascinating world of space science and technologies. We have also kept a session named career options in ISRO."
I hope some more and critical info about Mangalyaan 2 is released here.:)

Akask kumar

salute

stream live - "earth from space" iss hdev cameras onboard iss ,

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Vemana varsity inks MoU with ISRO
Yogi Vemana University has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for exchange of technical knowhow for research in the fields of communication, GPS and agricultural data, Vice-Chancellor A. Ramachandra Reddy said on Wednesday.
YVU has ISRO nodal centre on its campus, he said. Mr. Ramachandra Reddy exhorted the faculty members to strive to work with ISRO network and secure projects from the government. The Vice-Chancellor and Rajkumar Chowdary of ISRO signed an MoU in the university.
Prof. K. Krishna Reddy said YVU secured the first project when Mr. Madhavan Nair was ISRO Chairman. The 20-year project was working on estimating the changes in the ionosphere in the atmosphere and change in evaporation density, he said.
Mr Rajkumar Chowdary said the project was aimed at developing the multi-purpose GPS signal receiver system.
YVU Registrar Nazeer Ahmed said the university has been working with ISRO for the last seven years and was pursuing research on troposphere. Dr. Venkataramu said agreements were also reached with Spain and Germany on research on material sciences.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Resourcesat-2A launch on November 28
ISRO is planning to launch Remote Sensing Satellite Resourcesat 2A on board Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-36).

ISRO is planning to launch Remote Sensing Satellite Resourcesat 2A on board Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-36) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Shar, Sriharikota, on November 28. (Representational image)
Nellore: ISRO is planning to launch Remote Sensing Satellite Resourcesat 2A on board Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-36) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Shar, Sriharikota, on November 28. Resourcesat-2A is a follow on mission to Resourcesat-2 and it is intended to continue the remote sensing data services to global users provided by Resourcesat-2, and to provide data with enhanced multispectral and spatial coverage as well.
The configuration is similar to Resourcesat-2 having three-tier imaging capability, with a unique combination of payloads consisting of three solid-state cameras, namely, a high resolution Linear Imaging Self Scanning Sensor - LISS-IV, a medium resolution Linear Imaging Self Scanning Sensor - LISS-III and an Advanced Wide Field Sensor (AWiFS).
The spacecraft mass is around 1,200kg with a power generation capacity of 1,250W and a mission life of five years. Speaking to this correspondent, Shar director P. Kunhikrishnan said the Resourcesat-2A data will be used for national needs and they are gearing up for the launch on November 28. “The launch campaign is started today,” he said with preparations for the integration of the first stage of the launch vehicle- PSLV-C36," Mr Kunhikrishnan said.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles