ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
And Re entry experiment along.

RLV mounted on GSLV's first stage for launch.
ORV itself is re-entry experiment, there is no separate experiment

Earlier plan was REX ( Re-entry eXperiment) , it was supposed to be a sub-orbital mission, it was combination of both HEX & LEX....it was now cancelled in favour of Orbital mission...which is launching ORV on top of GSLV derived LV

Varoon2

Country flag
Even the F-35 had Chinese manufactured parts..

This is a tech demo. It doesn't make sense to reinvent the wheel again and again when commercial options exist. The most important thing is that all crucial elements are available, and we have them available.
If we get too focused on import/indigenous, then we will lose sight of the product.

From reports, it does look like the majority of components were indigenously developed, particularly the very important landing gear. I was just wondering what is imported, I thought the radar altimeter would be, but reading further, it seems that was made in India. Of course, parts of different systems could be imported.

Vamsi

Country flag
From reports, it does look like the majority of components were indigenously developed, particularly the very important landing gear. I was just wondering what is imported, I thought the radar altimeter would be, but reading further, it seems that was made in India. Of course, parts of different systems could be imported.
Radar altimeter was Indigenous

Anandhu Krishna

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles