ISRO General News and Updates

angryIndian

Country flag
I'm not aware that, that manifold assembly is for water pumps or something else like propellant/gas/air or any other couplant?
The red colour is a dead give away that it's a water deluge system.

You cannot randomly paint pipelines as per your wish.We have to follow a common standard.In India Yellow color is used for hazardous gases,blue for air and red for water deluge/fire fighting system.

This is what it looks like
1679828376470.png

1679828415246.png

TopWatcher

Country flag

SKC

Country flag
Maybe the track record of GSLV mk2 is problem for customers
Does Mk2 has any future now?

I think we will continue with the current configuration of LVM instead of Mk2.

Vamsi

Country flag
One question i have why isro didnt use gslv mk2 for oneweb launch. Capacity to LEO is qualifying for mk2 also ?
GSLV Mk-2 payload capacity is 5 tons to 22deg 300KM LEO .....while LVM3-M3 carried 5.8tons payload to 450KM 88deg inclination orbit .....so technically GSLV-MK2 cannot carry Oneweb payload to required orbit...hence not used for this mission....also it's less reliable than LVM-3, it has too many points of failure...

btw GSLV-F12/NVS-01 is planned for NET May 24,2023 as per NASA space flight forum

TopWatcher

Country flag
GSLV Mk-2 payload capacity is 5 tons to 22deg 300KM LEO .....while LVM3-M3 carried 5.8tons payload to 450KM 88deg inclination orbit .....so technically GSLV-MK2 cannot carry Oneweb payload to required orbit...hence not used for this mission....also it's less reliable than LVM-3, it has too many points of failure...

btw GSLV-F12/NVS-01 is planned for NET May 24,2023 as per NASA space flight forum
Ok, that's a technical reason.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Can anybody compile this interview. I am not able to understand.

angryIndian

Country flag

The MK-2,i find to be the strangest rocket in operation anywhere in the world. A Solid core and a Hypergolic Boosters,the core dies out before the boosters because of which they have to carry the weight of the dead core stage for almost 1 minute.

Vamsi

Country flag
The MK-2,i find to be the strangest rocket in operation anywhere in the world. A Solid core and a Hypergolic Boosters,the core dies out before the boosters because of which they have to carry the weight of the dead core stage for almost 1 minute.
Our scientists knew this flaw, but they were forced to choose this configuration because of lack of funds....

Dr.Nambi Narayanan during Vikas Engine development program, proposed to build a test stand to test 4-Vikas engined L220 core stage...that test stand proposal was rejected by Prof. Satish Dhawan,who later accepted that it was his mistake....

had they build that test stand .....we would have had LVM3 capability in early 2000s itself, lack of funds & Prof Satish Dhawan's reluctance has pushed our Space Programme by 2 decades...

Swesh

Our scientists knew this flaw, but they were forced to choose this configuration because of lack of funds....

Dr.Nambi Narayanan during Vikas Engine development program, proposed to build a test stand to test 4-Vikas engined L220 core stage...that test stand proposal was rejected by Prof. Satish Dhawan,who later accepted that it was his mistake....

had they build that test stand .....we would have had LVM3 capability in early 2000s itself, lack of funds & Prof Satish Dhawan's reluctance has pushed our Space Programme by 2 decades...
Yes I was mentioned in some book i remember

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles