ISRO General News and Updates

Swesh

They were bypassing a lot of things for early launch that means no local training facility and testing facility which eventually has to be established locally to maintain hsf program.

Varoon2

Country flag
One more official confirmation that CY-3 delayed to next year

View attachment 192212

Source : r/ISRO & 2023-24 budget document
Not meaning to nitpick but for number of satellites launched through SSLV, it should be at least 3, assuming there's only one SSLV launch this year. And for LVM-3, the number is positively 36 :)

Nice to know that there are two GSLV Mk2 launches confirmed this year.

dfcool

Country flag
NISAR

and coconuts ofcourse
View attachment 192524

View attachment 192525

wait, What about QUAD alliance satellite to monitor chinese illegal activity in south china sea, US, IND are supposed to develop/launch jointly. Where did that project go.

Vamsi

Country flag
Chandrayaan-3 page updated in ISRO's official website, lots of Interesting details, pictures
interestingly total mass of CY-2 stack i.e Orbiter + Lander + Rover = 3850Kg
but for CY-3, total mass i.e Propulsion Module + Lander + Rover = 3900Kg
CY-2 lander mass = 1477Kg
CY-3 lander mass = 1726Kg
mass increased due to new sensors like LDV, strengthened landing legs, additional antennas etc

More details below

@Indx TechStyle copy this to Indian Lunar Programme thread

Vamsi

Country flag
Chandrayaan-3 page updated in ISRO's official website, lots of Interesting details, pictures
interestingly total mass of CY-2 stack i.e Orbiter + Lander + Rover = 3850Kg
but for CY-3, total mass i.e Propulsion Module + Lander + Rover = 3900Kg
CY-2 lander mass = 1477Kg
CY-3 lander mass = 1726Kg
mass increased due to new sensors like LDV, strengthened landing legs, additional antennas etc

More details below

@Indx TechStyle copy this to Indian Lunar Programme thread
Most interesting payload in CY-3 mission is SHAPE payload which will be on Propulsion Module....this payload is a TD for a possible habitable Exo-planet hunting mission in future...most probably for Exo-Worlds mission
Spectro-polarimetry of HAbitable Planet Earth (SHAPE)Future discoveries of smaller planets in reflected light would allow us to probe into variety of Exo-planets which would qualify for habitability (or for presence of life).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles