ISRO General News and Updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
With a UAE rover.
But assisted by a Japanese lander which plays the entire game for soft landing.

Anyway even the lander is built by ispace, a Japanese private company which was a competitor in GLXP along with India's team indus. I doubt whether a private company execute what a far more advanced JAXA could not.
We anyway should now be least bothered about "being forth" in soft moon landing and focus on larger space program for manned missions and outrespace for long term goals.

I anyway don't have much hopes from Chandryaan-3 landing either. If Japanese robo tech didn't succeed, it's tough for Indian tech too. Landing on moon is not easy.

SKC

Country flag
But assisted by a Japanese lander which plays the entire game for soft landing.

Anyway even the lander is built by ispace, a Japanese private company which was a competitor in GLXP along with India's team indus. I doubt whether a private company execute what a far more advanced JAXA could not.
We anyway should now be least bothered about "being forth" in soft moon landing and focus on larger space program for manned missions and outrespace for long term goals.

I anyway don't have much hopes from Chandryaan-3 landing either. If Japanese robo tech didn't succeed, it's tough for Indian tech too. Landing on moon is not easy.
The Israeli team from the same Google Lander competition also failed on Soft landing. So, I also don't have much hope with these smaller team to perform successful Soft landing on Moon.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The Israeli team from the same Google Lander competition also failed for Soft landing. So, I also don't have much hope with these smaller team to perform successful Soft landing on Moon.
Looking ahead for Cdy-3.

It will either lead to a great feel and confidence for Indian space capabilities in India and rest of world or

It will be a disappointment to hound ISRO for another decade like GSLV rocket.

SKC

Country flag
Looking ahead for Cdy-3.

It will either lead to a great feel and confidence for Indian space capabilities in India and rest of world or

It will be a disappointment to hound ISRO for another decade like GSLV rocket.
We just need to do proper testing of the lander system. The JPL Lab in US has proper Moon and Mars landing simulation where we can take their help for testing.

Swesh

Mayilsamy explains why isro building a launch pad in kulasekarapattinam

"Launchpads must be east facing and closer to equator,and also current sriharikota launched rockets has to swerve around SL for safety reasons, so requires more fuel,whereas kulasekarapattinam launch pad offers precious weight(fuel) saving.

Sslv based rockets and smaller rockets(read as payload) can be benefitted with this weight savings,many of our orbiting satellites are facing end of their life cycle, so much so,we might loose 1/2 per week,so to compensate that we are going to launch rockets weekly basis to compensate those satellites.

With this kulasekarapattinam launchpad we could send 2/3 satellites per launch,and k.pattinam LP will have a capacity to launch within 24hrs interval.

Mahendragiri(near k.pattinam) will host rocket/satellite production facility so it will save logistics and might see 1 launch/week"

P.S- translating credit to @Alamarathan

Chinmoy

Country flag
Mayilsamy explains why isro building a launch pad in kulasekarapattinam

"Launchpads must be east facing and closer to equator,and also current sriharikota launched rockets has to swerve around SL for safety reasons, so requires more fuel,whereas kulasekarapattinam launch pad offers precious weight(fuel) saving.

Sslv based rockets and smaller rockets(read as payload) can be benefitted with this weight savings,many of our orbiting satellites are facing end of their life cycle, so much so,we might loose 1/2 per week,so to compensate that we are going to launch rockets weekly basis to compensate those satellites.

With this kulasekarapattinam launchpad we could send 2/3 satellites per launch,and k.pattinam LP will have a capacity to launch within 24hrs interval.

Mahendragiri(near k.pattinam) will host rocket/satellite production facility so it will save logistics and might see 1 launch/week"

P.S- translating credit to @Alamarathan
I think land acquisition is not yet completed for this.

Swesh

After that he met the press. At that time he said, “Earth excavation work for setting up a rocket launch pad in Kulasekharapatnam has been completed.

Construction work is about to start there. Before that, soil tests should be conducted there. Will the area support the satellite during launch? Studies are being conducted about it.
Construction will begin next year.

Swesh

Land is to be acquired in phases it's not necessary to acquire whole land at one go total 3 phases are planned but they can construct launchpad even if only one phase is completed others phases are for evolution of launchpad. It's a catch 22 situation if they deny anymore land they will have tiny launchpad with no support system their own repo will suffer

Swesh

Land is to be acquired in phases it's not necessary to acquire whole land at one go total 3 phases are planned but they can construct launchpad even if only one phase is completed others phases are for evolution of launchpad. It's a catch 22 situation if they deny anymore land they will have tiny launchpad with no support system their own repo will suffer
If i am not wrong second phase will be completed by next year end TN govt is supportive and egger so far can't say anything about future

Chinmoy

Country flag

After that he met the press. At that time he said, “Earth excavation work for setting up a rocket launch pad in Kulasekharapatnam has been completed.

Construction work is about to start there. Before that, soil tests should be conducted there. Will the area support the satellite during launch? Studies are being conducted about it.
Construction will begin next year.
Ok. Acquisition completed in October.

But this two para don't make sense to me. Excavation work completed, but soil testing to be done? :confused1:

Or he means levelling work has been done?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle @Swesh I think it's time for dedicated CY-3 thread
Already one exists just for all Unmanned moon missions from India.

Swesh

FIRST BLOW DOWN TEST OF TRISONIC WIND TUNNEL AT VSSC

The first blow down test of the newly realised Trisonic Wind Tunnel was held on 8th December, 2022 at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram. The Trisonic Wind Tunnel is a system to aid aerodynamic design of rockets and re-entry spacecrafts by characterizing a scaled model by evaluating forces, moments, load distribution, unsteady pressures, acoustic levels etc. The tunnel has an overall length of about 160m and has a maximum cross section of 5.4m. The tunnel can be used for testing various space vehicles in three flight regimes - below the speed of sound, at the speed of sound and above the speed of sound: hence the name trisonic wind tunnel. The tunnel can simulate flight conditions from 0.2 times the speed of sound (68 m/s) to 4 times the speed of sound (1360 m/s).

The blow down was formally switched on by Shri S Somanath, Chairman, ISRO/Secretary, DOS in presence of senior officials of ISRO including Dr S Unnikrshanan Nair, Director, VSSC, Dr. V Narayanan, Director, LPSC and Dr D Sam Dayala Dev, Director,IISU.

The huge structure was built with several hundred tonnes of steel and was implemented through M/s Tata Projects India Ltd Mumbai in association with M/s Aiolos Engineering Corporation, Canada and fully realised by industries across India such as M/s Walchandnagar Industries, Pune, M/s Acoustic India, Tiruchirappalli, M/s Artson Engineering, Nashik, M/s Summits Hygronics, Coimbatore, M/s Hydrocare Fluid Power Systems, Bangalore and M/s Siemens Energy, Ahmedabad.

The trisonic wind tunnel is a major step towards India's increasing self-reliance in Aerospace sector.

1670586155229.png

1670586175997.png

1670586200910.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles