ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
Dunno. I do remember posting those slides after looking at this post and then thinking it would be a shame if the tweet got deleted so I should post the images directly in DFI. I mean I positively remember making that post. Maybe you posted the same slides in another thread?
You posted it in another thread,not here. @Indx TechStyle posted these slides here

notaname

Country flag

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
According to reports, Mangalyaan reaches the end of its mission life after more than 8 years in orbit around Mars. Mangalyaan was a significant mission for India as with it India became the first nation to reach planet Mars on its first maiden attempt.
mars1.jpeg
Here is an image of Mars captured by Mangalyaan orbiter.
MOM2.jpg
One thing that is remarkable to me about Mangalyaan is how long the mission lasted. The mission was intended to last for only 6 months but in the end it lasted for more than 8 years! Good job ISRO.

Super Flanker

Country flag
According to reports, Mangalyaan reaches the end of its mission life after more than 8 years in orbit around Mars. Mangalyaan was a significant mission for India as with it India became the first nation to reach planet Mars on its first maiden attempt. Here is an image of Mars captured by Mangalyaan orbiter. One thing that is remarkable to me about Mangalyaan is how long the mission lasted. The mission was intended to last for only 6 months but in the end it lasted for more than 8 years! Good job ISRO.
Hopefully we can expect a follow-up mission like a Mangalyaan-2 etc. They did do a follow on mission for Chandrayaan-1 in the form of Chandrayaan-2, I would like to see a follow on mission on Mangalyaan as well. Farewell Mangalyaan!

Swesh

Hopefully we can expect a follow-up mission like a Mangalyaan-2 etc. They did do a follow on mission for Chandrayaan-1 in the form of Chandrayaan-2, I would like to see a follow on mission on Mangalyaan as well. Farewell Mangalyaan!
There is mangalyan - 2 and that is going to be a rover in that too

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Problem when no one know. ISRO timeline very frustrating.
You will know if you have watched panel discussion video.
~2025 for MOM-2
~2030 for MOM-3

These are tentative timelines from recent "Future Roadmap" program announced since Chandrayaan-3, 4 are a priority of over MOM-2, Shukrayaan-1, Chandrayaan-5 and 6 are priority over MOM-3 and Gaganyaan is priority over everything so I can see that easily slipping to 2040 unless space budget touches $3 billions before 2025.

Delays are common in experimental projects and frustration for any project whose manager you are not, is not the instinct of mature person.

Criticism for the sake of it without any objective just doesn't work. Isn't it?

Super Flanker

Country flag
There is mangalyan - 2 and that is going to be a rover in that too
Mangalyaan 2 will not have any kind of rover in it, it will be the same like Mangalyaan-1 which was only an orbiter. If there is going to be a Mangalyaan-3 then we can expect that to have a rover in it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles