ISRO General News and Updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Well, I've been in contact with a retired personnel related to VSSC he had conducted even many discussions in our college. And the thing I've been hearing since launch of last mid heavy launcher is not that the launcher without cryo engine is generally termed as LVM3 and with is GSLV Mk3 whose capacity may be boosted.
chinese sneaking in ISRO facility.. intruder spotted.. ALERT ALERT !! SECURE YOUR FILES:rotfl::rotfl:
May or may not, just cover them up.
Chinese may take screenshots or copies.:lol:

@shiphone Seriously man, I was surprised, lost my faith on innovation,

This was my favourite bike.
Is anything left you guys can't copy?
:rofl:
Original (Banner from Bajaj)

Chinese copy:

:D

Akask kumar

Well, I've been in contact with a retired personnel related to VSSC he had conducted even many discussions in our college. And the thing I've been hearing since launch of last mid heavy launcher is not that the launcher without cryo engine is generally termed as LVM3 and with is GSLV Mk3 whose capacity may be boosted.

May or may not, just cover them up.
Chinese may take screenshots or copies.:lol:

@shiphone Seriously man, I was surprised, lost my faith on innovation,

This was my favourite bike.
Is anything left you guys can't copy?
:rofl:
Original (Banner from Bajaj)

Chinese copy:

:D
cant believe they copied a bike !!
:facepalm::facepalm:

@shiphone Now what next?? baby diapers and indian condoms..kamsutra???

Akask kumar

@Indx TechStyle do you know how chandrayaan series mission planned..
1-> mapping
2> do chemical analysis of sites, n transmit the data..
3-> ???
4-??

i want to know how this is planned.. or is there a plan..coz chinese have planned from toe to head ,its available on wikipedia and its pure mining targetted..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle do you know how chandrayaan series mission planned..
1-> mapping
2> do chemical analysis of sites, n transmit the data..
3-> ???
4-??

i want to know how this is planned.. or is there a plan..coz chinese have planned from toe to head ,its available on wikipedia and its pure mining targetted..
Difficult to say before soft landing.

Though AFAIK, ISRO had once tried to send a sample return mission earlier in 2012 or 14 jointly with JPL corporation of United States but US Senate blocked the program so that critical tech may not leak to India (and you call them partners :biggrin2:).
So, out of Cdy-3 or Cdy-4, one must be sample return mission.
As far as Chinese are concerned, their entire space program revolves towards manned spaceflight and Moon. You will find only news about Taikonauts or Moon on their space threads. So, I'm not surprised.

And at first place, why to write plan from toe to head on Wikipedia? Every country would have same plans for very celestial body.
Reach the planet. Explore and exploit it.
If Chinese have spoken that they will be based mine there and we not, what do you else think ISRO will do on the Moon?
Bhangra?:biggrin2:
:balleballe:
Everything isn't needed to be documented or spoken for public. No offense intended though. I try to sort out in a funny way.:p

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Telangana partners with ISRO to monitor water resources

Kiran Kumar said they were happy that Telangana was becoming a proactive user of the data system. (Express Photo by Ashwin Sadhu)
Telangana on Saturday signed an agreement with ISRO to become the first Indian state to use space technology for real-time monitoring of its water resources.
The irrigation department signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to create the Telangana Water Resources Information System (TWRIS).
This will go online with ISRO’s Bhuvan geo-platform, capturing every dam, barrage, main canal and other resources up to field channels.
RELATED
The MoU was signed in the presence of Telangana Irrigation Minister Harish Rao and ISRO chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar.
Located in Hyderabad, NRSC will prepare a framework and mark every irrigation system on the Bhuvan satellite visualisation tool.
He said the data was available not just from ISRO’s own satellite but also from other collaborative space agencies.
Harish Rao said the system would work faster than Google maps to enable the state to monitor the depth and quantity in all water sources.
The data will be updated every 15 days and, from chief engineer to field engineer, every officer will have on-hand information.
The minister said the data would also help the state know the exact area irrigated under each project and cropping pattern.
He hoped that the system would help improve efficiency of the department and bring transparency as the data will be available to every citizen.
The system is also expected to come handy for impact assessment of Mission Kakatiya, the state government’s flagship programme under which 45,000 irrigation tanks are being restored.
Harish Rao said the data would also be vital for survey, design and implementation of new irrigation projects.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO just officially invited the media for Mangalyaan 2.:peace: I will covering all news about it on thread used to cover previous mission.
Here's the link.
Announcement of Opportunity (AO) for future Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM-2)
Don't wanna create any troll war.
Both Yingho 2(Chinese) and Mangalyaan 2(Indian) have been scheduled for 2020.
This gonna be interesting to see who'll launch first, more important who'll reach first and most important who'll find what.
For the official article, it is clearly saying that ISRO has plans for landers and rovers for Mars but article doesn't confirm that if ISRO is going to land this time or not. But don't worry, I have a contact in Bangalore who'll confirm me on Sunday.:)
And hey, how did I forgot to dance?
:first::dance::bhangra::bounce::balleballe::rock:

Guys, ISRO has invited media to cover second Mars Mission! It may be launched sooner than we think.
:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

@Bornubus @AnantS @Akask kumar @sayareakd @pmaitra
For more,
Mangalyaan 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

rishivashista13

Country flag
ISRO just officially invited the media for Mangalyaan 2.:peace: I will covering all news about it on thread used to cover previous mission.
Here's the link.
This gonna be interesting to see who'll launch first, more important who'll reach first and most important who'll find what.
For the official article, it is clearly saying that ISRO has plans for landers and rovers for Mars but article doesn't confirm that if ISRO is going to land this time or not. But don't worry, I have a contact in Bangalore who'll confirm me on Sunday.:)

Guys, ISRO has invited media to cover second Mars Mission! It may be launched sooner than we think.

For more,
That's great news !!
By the way our only Indian private team Indus is landing it's Rover to moon next year using PSLV under the compitition launched by google lunar exprise .
But it will not involve in any type of research , it's intention will only to complete the tasks for winning the compitition .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
That's great news !!
By the way our only Indian private team Indus is landing it's Rover to moon next year using PSLV under the compitition launched by google lunar exprise .
But it will not involve in any type of research , it's intention will only to complete the tasks for winning the compitition .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
ISRO is also launching a Moon lander in 2017 or 18 for research purpose.
Further, it has plans sample return missions in future Chandrayaan 2 & 3 and demonstration of nuclear powered spacecrafts.:)

Akask kumar

...............................wrong calulation.. deleted

Last edited:

Akask kumar

Here's the link.

For more,
GSLV MK3 capability is 4 tonne to GTO .. n as per my assumption it should be little more than 2 tonne to mars..

looking at the weight of a rover SPIRIT - 180 kg and weight of mangalyaan 1300 .. which makes roughly 1500 kg .. plus we have to take lander which should be around say 300 kg(depends we use baloon bubble or hover craft landing).. its 1800 kg..

roughly it can be said its within our limit of 2 tonnes.. I think ISRO can do both rover and satellite mission simultaneously.. PLus by 2020 GSLV MK 3 will be more efficient than it is now, i remember for MOM, scientists had change configuration of PSLV to give it little more punch..

on WIKIpedia -- they are saying that it may include a lander and rover.. PLUS i remember they did MOM mission within 1 year .. and mangalyaan 2 will be in 2020 .. so do you think they will take 4 years just to make a satellite.. now i am 100% sure it will be a rover cum satellite mission

ARE WE COLLABORATING WITH FRANCE FOR MANGALYAAN 2??

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
GSLV MK3 capability is 4 tonne to GTO .. n as per my assumption it should be little more than 2 tonne to mars..

looking at the weight of a rover SPIRIT - 180 kg and weight of mangalyaan 1300 .. which makes roughly 1500 kg .. plus we have to take lander which should be around say 300 kg(depends we use baloon bubble or hover craft landing).. its 1800 kg..

roughly it can be said its within our limit of 2 tonnes.. I think ISRO can do both rover and satellite mission simultaneously.. PLus by 2020 GSLV MK 3 will be more efficient than it is now, i remember for MOM, scientists had change configuration of PSLV to give it little more punch..

on WIKIpedia -- they are saying that it may include a lander and rover.. PLUS i remember they did MOM mission within 1 year .. and mangalyaan 2 will be in 2020 .. so do you think they will take 4 years just to make a satellite.. now i am 100% sure it will be a rover cum satellite mission
They'll be enhancing capacity to 6 tonnes to GTO within few years.
And my friend in Bangalore says that the next launch with cryogenic engine may have capacity of 5 tonnes (though satellite may be lighter).
And rover is confirmed to me too.:)
ARE WE COLLABORATING WITH FRANCE FOR MANGALYAAN 2??
Yes, we will putting some of their payloads on our probe because their equipments are better than ours for research.
We can use their equipments, in return, we will have to share information. So, it's a fair trade off.:borat:

Akask kumar

They'll be enhancing capacity to 6 tonnes to GTO within few years.
And my friend in Bangalore says that the next launch with cryogenic engine may have capacity of 5 tonnes (though satellite may be lighter).
And rover is confirmed to me too.:)

Yes, we will putting some of their payloads on our probe because their equipments are better than ours for research.
We can use their equipments, in return, we will have to share information. So, it's a fair trade off.:borat:
Damn 6 tonne to GTO .. which means now near 3- tonne for MARS..

""on spacex site they have written for their falcon rocket - 8 tonne to GTO and 4 tonne to mars .. so basically half the value. i have obtained the mathematics from here""

a lot can be done with three tonne loads . we can have bigger and better rovers.. i hope they make use of nuclear reactor powered rovers,, because the dust really decrease the efficiency of solar panels..

ROVER IS 100% CONFIRMED... WE HAVE TIME,(4 YEARS) , CAPABILITY(3 TONNES) , a partner (france).. plus french team will be developing the science experiment sensors.. we can totally focus on rovers.. i dont care about satellites now . ISRO can even manufacture satellite with their closed eyes..

now i am eagerly waiting for GSLV mk 2 and MK 3 lauches..
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
""on spacex site they have written for their falcon rocket - 8 tonne to GTO and 4 tonne to mars .. so basically half the value. i have obtained the mathematics from here""
VSSC says ISRO has been studying HLV which can lift 10-12 tonnes to GTO and 20+ tonnes to LEO.
ULV will be comparable with China's Long March 7 (read that thread for more.)
And as far as I know, there were concepts of various super heavy rockets with capacities ranging from 67 to 84, 100 and 140 tonnes to LEO. I'm eagerly waiting (would be doing for decades) to see them getting materialized whenever we put our flag on Moon.:p
Patriotism.jpg

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Akask kumar
Just researched.
It's only NASA and UKSA (as a part of ESA, they hadn't own rocket) have ever landed softly on Mars cuz Soviet missions have failed.
If we manage to land before China, ISRO will be third space agency to do so.:eyebrows:

Akask kumar

@Akask kumar
Just researched.
It's only NASA and UKSA (as a part of ESA, they hadn't own rocket) have ever landed softly on Mars cuz Soviet missions have failed.
If we manage to land before China, ISRO will be third space agency to do so.:eyebrows:
China's this mission is a suicide type. they failed to acquire knowledge of Mars orbit insertion..and are planning to do rover and satellite mission.. may be they are feeling competition from us. if something goes wrong ,, they will loose lot of credibility.

ISRO first mastered the art of mars orbit insertion and now we are thinking of next stage rover.. THis is a steady ,plan minimizing room for error.. CHINESE ARE JUST JUMPING LADDERS ON MARS MISSION..

i dont care whether we will stand 3rd or 4th.. i just care about no mission delay & safe orbit insertion and landing..

VSSC says ISRO has been studying HLV which can lift 10-12 tonnes to GTO and 20+ tonnes to LEO.
ULV will be comparable with China's Long March 7 (read that thread for more.)
And as far as I know, there were concepts of various super heavy rockets with capacities ranging from 67 to 84, 100 and 140 tonnes to LEO. I'm eagerly waiting (would be doing for decades) to see them getting materialized whenever we put our flag on Moon.:p
View attachment 9713
so do u know any rogh date for ULV and HLV first test demonstration??

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
China's this mission is a suicide type. they failed to acquire knowledge of Mars orbit insertion..and are planning to do rover and satellite mission.. may be they are feeling competition from us. if something goes wrong ,, they will loose lot of credibility.
They are so confident of thier rockets (last time they had to Russian Zenith 2M). Long March 7 is an advanced rocket. Don't underestimate it.
As far as evaluation of mission is concerned, we will be monitoring performance in LM7 as well as Yinghuo 2 spacecraft. Success rate of LM7 will determine the probability of Chinese success.
ISRO first mastered the art of mars orbit insertion and now we are thinking of next stage rover.. THis is a steady ,plan minimizing room for error.. CHINESE ARE JUST JUMPING LADDERS ON MARS MISSION..
They wanted to do the same. But the failure of Yinghuo 1 affected their schedule. So, they decided to land there directly.
BTW, doesn't matter much for them either. Their priority is Moon, not Mars.
i dont care whether we will stand 3rd or 4th.. i just care about no mission delay & safe orbit insertion and landing..
Me Too.
Praying Beaver.jpeg

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:
so do u know any rogh date for ULV and HLV first test demonstration??
I remember that 4-5 years ago, we used to be suggested that UMLV will take first flight in 2020.
We updated it too wikipedia too which was deleted later because of copyright issue.
But as we know, GSLV Mk3 was delayed for years after that. Time has changed, I guess it is nearly a decade away. HLV (likely to be based on ULV), may be started (development) just after ULV. May be for space station.
SHLVs are for long term.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
KTR seeks ISRO’s partnership
IT Minister K.T. Rama Rao on Saturday requested the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to partner with the State government on the proposed Research Innovation and Trade of Hyderabad when he called on its Chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar.
The Minister gave a glimpse of the ongoing schemes taken up by the government, especially Mission Bhagiratha which is to be launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday. The ongoing fibre grid programme once completed would provide net connectivity to the remotest corners of the State which would enable the government to take up e-education, e-health programmes and e-panchyat so that related services reach the masses.
Mr. Rao said the government was keen on leveraging the latest technology to take welfare schemes closer to people. He sought the ISRO help in further expanding the Softnet TV channel (earlier Mana TV) as programmes were being made to cater to students, farmers and women. Dr. Kumar, in turn, explained the technology available with ISRO like the Bhuvan software and how it could be useful for the government departments in the fields of rural development. IT secretary Jayesh Ranjan was present.
Freaking 30 characters.

Anupu

Country flag
They are so confident of thier rockets (last time they had to Russian Zenith 2M). Long March 7 is an advanced rocket. Don't underestimate it.
As far as evaluation of mission is concerned, we will be monitoring performance in LM7 as well as Yinghuo 2 spacecraft. Success rate of LM7 will determine the probability of Chinese success.

They wanted to do the same. But the failure of Yinghuo 1 affected their schedule. So, they decided to land there directly.
BTW, doesn't matter much for them either. Their priority is Moon, not Mars.

Me Too.
View attachment 9714
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

I remember that 4-5 years ago, we used to be suggested that UMLV will take first flight in 2020.
We updated it too wikipedia too which was deleted later because of copyright issue.
But as we know, GSLV Mk3 was delayed for years after that. Time has changed, I guess it is nearly a decade away. HLV (likely to be based on ULV), may be started (development) just after ULV. May be for space station.
SHLVs are for long term.
I don't think so it would have been a good idea to invest in ULV or HLV now... Specially since reusability should be the focus, the first power to make space access cheap will have much more lasting space exploration regradless of who goes where first.

NASA went to moon but the way they went there was so expensive that since last 30 years they have been planning another such exploration. ISRO was wiser to choose cost of access as it's goal. I am sure they must be giving a hard look at ULV design to insure reusability to further reduce cost. Musk has changed the game.

devlex

Country flag
NASA Moon mission had a ripple affect on technological base of US. It should not been seen just as a stand alone mission.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles