ISRO General News and Updates

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
No satellite works individually, they work like a hockey team.
Agree with everything except this one line.

Our navy has specially commissioned a fully dedicated standalone satellite which has different communication, encryption and bandwidth protocols from our other satellites, to prevent spoofing (in case our other satellites get decoded somehow). This is a hardcore military satellite called Rukmini, it will possibly be our first choice if it comes to nuclear strike. Last time I read a report that the navy was getting so much incoming data that they were facing a bandwidth shortage and needed one more dedicated satellites to handle the data load. Our navy hands out location devices to local ferry men and mounts ELINT kits even on civilian fishing ships and neighboring towns, so the data just keeps on increasing. I wonder when that second Rukmini would be launched, that's why I asked. Anyway, keep and eye out for that one.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Notes for Interested People:

1. NAVIC will be operational in June.
2. RLV-TD of AVATAR (for indigenous space shuttle) will be carried out in May.
3. Either GSAT-9 from GSLV Mark2 or ScatSat will be launched from PSLV-XL in June.
I would prefer launching GSAT-9(it's more important) with GSLV Mk2(before a commercial launch (yes, guys, GSLV will also launch foreign SATs soon, we must test it's reliability well but customers have already shown interest (I guess Singapore was that.))
I wonder when that second Rukmini would be launched, that's why I asked. Anyway, keep and eye out for that one.
Explained above.
It's GSAT-9 probably, or any other GSAT in near future around September- October if somebody not hires GSLV for launching it's commercial satellites making India's bid in space industry stronger. :peace:

One notable thing:
We are conducting one launch every month. :biggrin2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
^ Yaaaas !! with this our mijjiles are now 100% kuffr proof. Now the ebil umrika can't do batti gul of our super djinn teknaliji mijjiles alhamdulillah ! :first: also plis to x-post to the IRNSS thread no ?
What's IRNSS?o_O
Oh, the ancient name of NAVIC. :biggrin2:
Anyway, IRNSS will be operational in June. No need to create big topics.

But ISRO is launching Cdy-2 in 2017 and announced Cdy-3 and Cdy-4.
So, I think, I will create a thread about Indian Lunar Exploration Program very soon.

salute

What's IRNSS?o_O
Oh, the ancient name of NAVIC. :biggrin2:
Anyway, IRNSS will be operational in June. No need to create big topics.

But ISRO is launching Cdy-2 in 2017 and announced Cdy-3 and Cdy-4.
So, I think, I will create a thread about Indian Lunar Exploration Program very soon.
they changed the name from navik to navic,

so navic must means navigation constellation.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
they changed the name from navik to navic,

so navic must means navigation constellation.
I was thinking that European System is called Galileo, Chinese is called BeiDou or COMPASS. Why not a cool name for Indian?
Modi just fulfilled my wish. He named nice. :biggrin2:

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Feeling so proud....:india:
this is the post of an YouTuber- SpaceToday (Brazil)
the fun part is that in 6 Hr, it got 252/0 likes vs Dummbolikes ( all Brazilians i guess)

kr9

Country flag
Finally, time for indigenous precision guided munitions. Next should be thermal imaging capabilities (if it is not there already).
:drool::bounce::devil::india::india::india:

Naxalites, infiltrators, terror hideouts....., like fish in a barrel.
We should start targeting terror bases on the Pakistani side of the border as soon as the system is operational.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Finally, time for indigenous precision guided munitions. Next should be thermal imaging capabilities (if it is not there already).
:drool::bounce::devil::india::india::india:

Naxalites, infiltrators, terror hideouts....., like fish in a barrel.
We should start targeting terror bases on the Pakistani side of the border as soon as the system is operational.
laser walls deployed on paki border.
ISRO is conducting Hyperspectral Imagery program.
I will post updates on it.
For thermal imaging.
http://m.patrika.com/news/bangalore...-equipment-collaboration-with-france-1136496/
:first:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Feeling so proud....:india:
this is the post of an YouTuber- SpaceToday (Brazil)
the fun part is that in 6 Hr, it got 252/0 likes vs Dummbolikes ( all Brazilians i guess)
Good to see Brazilians admiring space program of India. Wishing them success as well.

3deffect

Country flag
one question how to use our Free GPS on my Phone...i mean Free without internet connection..is there a way

i know other methods like download maps and use..but i m asking other method without download map

Kshatriya87

Country flag
one question how to use our Free GPS on my Phone...i mean Free without internet connection..is there a way

i know other methods like download maps and use..but i m asking other method without download map
I don't think you can use without downloading the maps then use your cellular network to triangulate your position. Maybe look into car gps and see how it works. Try to get that into your cellphone.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Sir, you need to have IRNSS capable receiver in smartphone to start with. Commercial applications will take time... also commercialization will depend on cost to manufacturer to include this receiver.

@Indx TechStyle You are the lead on this one. Please keep a track of Smartphone app of IRNSS and let us know. I can't wait to delete google maps and use ours.

Anupu

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle You are the lead on this one. Please keep a track of Smartphone app of IRNSS and let us know. I can't wait to delete google maps and use ours.
You won't need to delete google maps, NAVIC would just use a different receiver than the GPS receiver which is normally used on our phones. The phone map apps simply use the co-ordinates provided to it, irrespective of where it comes from, GPS or NAVIC.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Sir, you need to have IRNSS capable receiver in smartphone to start with. Commercial applications will take time... also commercialization will depend on cost to manufacturer to include this receiver.
Alright. I heard in the news yesterday that pretty soon we will get an app to use IRNSS for positioning.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles