ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
Takeaways:
  1. First abort test in April-May and second in September-October before G1 mission by year end. Same pattern of two abort tests before G2 mission next year.
  2. Crew for Gaganyaan are essentially Indian Air Personnel, confirms officially.
  3. Chandryaan-3 all ready for launch. Launch window falls in June-July and a delay is unlikely unless launcher assembly takes time.
  4. SSLV this February.
  5. Will carry a payload ADS-B to collect aircraft details from 30% of global airspace which is not covered by ATC
Copy pasting messages on relevant threads.
Gaganyaan schedule from above

April 2023 -May 2023-TV-D1
Sept2023-Oct 2023- TV-D2
Dec2023-April 2024 - G1
June 2024-Oct 2024- TV-D3
Oct 2024 - Dec 2024 - TV-D4
Dec2024 - April 2025 - G2
Oct 2025- April 2026 - H1

Above is most conservative timeline imo,but if they did it before April 2026, I would say it is indeed very much fast.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Above is most conservative timeline imo
Unless there are any other LVM3 launches planned in line other than M3 and M4, latest estimate of manned spaceflight should stand at first half of 2025 (assuming there are no failures or imperfections in between).

You have put an year gap between G1 and G2 assuming that there is lack of "data" with ISRO which is not the case at all given launched systems would be synchronized with available atmospheric and physiological data. Unless there is a deviation/mismatch/partial failure in demonstration missions, there is no way there will be 1 year gap between G1 & G2. But there will be greater gap between G2 & H1.

Vamsi

Country flag
Unless there are any other LVM3 launches planned in line other than M3 and M4, latest estimate of manned spaceflight should stand at first half of 2025 (assuming there are no failures or imperfections in between).

You have put an year gap between G1 and G2 assuming that there is lack of "data" with ISRO which is not the case at all given launched systems would be synchronized with available atmospheric and physiological data. Unless there is a deviation/mismatch/partial failure in demonstration missions, there is no way there will be 1 year gap between G1 & G2. But there will be greater gap between G2 & H1.
Indx ji, you too knew that there's exactly one year gap between LVM3-D1 and D2 missions, since HSF is an uncharted territory for ISRO they would be more than careful to make it successful,I think 1 year gap is more than optimistic, though I want to be proven wrong

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Indx ji, you too knew that there's exactly one year gap between LVM3-D1 and D2 missions, since HSF is an uncharted territory for ISRO they would be more than careful to make it successful,I think 1 year gap is more than optimistic, though I want to be proven wrong
D1 & D2 required launch vehicle validation, validation of a launch vehicle which was not in production. Gaganyaan requires validation of crewed spacecraft which includes TVD-1 to 4 and G & G2.

So delays could either for fabrication time or variations in outcomes. And if they are saying that they are only going to keep few months gap in missions (they might have all spacecraft already fabricated or subassembled), I don't find a reason to still contradict them just for the sake of my assumptions given that even HSFC administration would have thought out that they need data.

I would rather wait & watch what happens and the actual reasons if deviations appear.

Vamsi

Country flag
D1 & D2 required launch vehicle validation, validation of a launch vehicle which was not in production. It Gaganyaan requires validation of crewed spacecraft which includes TVD-1 to 4 and G & G2.

So delays could either for fabrication time or variations in outcomes. And if they are saying that they are only going to keep few months gap in missions (they might have all spacecraft already fabricated or subassembled), I don't find a reason to still contradict them just for the sake of my assumptions given that even HSFC administration would have thought out that they need data.

I would rather wait & watch what happens and the actual reasons if deviations appear.
TVD-1 to 4 are not validation of spacecraft, it is only validation of crew escape system. They need to validate crewed spacecraft in its all aspects,it needs time

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
TVD-1 to 4 are not validation of spacecraft, it is only validation of crew escape system.
Crew escape system and related aspects of spacecraft.
They need to validate crewed spacecraft in its all aspects,it needs time
That would be the case if they were developing one (what they actually had been doing since 2006) and not testing what they call finished product.

That's why I said they will take time if actual output deviates from expected one and G1 is NOT successful. If no, there would be no gap. Off course they wouldn't have given the gaps of less than 6 months if they needed more time just to analyse the data.

I would otherwise have assumed a gap of 1.5-2 years if they wouldn't have given a timeline. They gave means it must be met (tentatively with few months gap with fabrication time for rockets) if missions are success.
There you go.

Vamsi

Country flag
@Swesh @Indx TechStyle bad news regarding Venus Mission

Feasibility studies for Venus Mission were done in 2012 & initial plans were to launch it by 2023, but unfortunately govt didn't approve it because of Gaganyaan & commercial Programmes, So unfortunately it was delayed until 2031, next launch window with lowest Delta V is only in 2031, so it won't be launched NET 2031

Source: r/ISRO

Varoon2

Country flag
There is now talk of the GSLV Mk 3 with its second launch of OneWeb satellites, being pushed back to March. However, the GSLV Mk 2 with the new IRNSS will be launched first. Got this from another space news site.

Vamsi

Country flag
There is now talk of the GSLV Mk 3 with its second launch of OneWeb satellites, being pushed back to March. However, the GSLV Mk 2 with the new IRNSS will be launched first. Got this from another space news site.
LVM3-M3 delay to march might have impact on CY-3 launch schedule....we still don't know whether the SVAB is operational or not, only if it is operational,then it's possible to launch CY-3 by June,else it might be delayed again

TopWatcher

Country flag

Feasibility studies for Venus Mission were done in 2012 & initial plans were to launch it by 2023, but unfortunately govt didn't approve it because of Gaganyaan & commercial Programmes, So unfortunately it was delayed until 2031, next launch window with lowest Delta V is only in 2031, so it won't be launched NET 2031

I think govt not feeling good with ISRO on gaganyaan delay.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

I guess it was slated for December 2024 earlier itself and not 2023. And there is no way ISRO could timely deliver Shukrayaan spacecraft either given already being engaged a tonne other projects.

Both Shukrayaan and MOM-2 were supposed to get delayed provided a comprehensive plan for space exploration was adopted, since that would focus on Moon and human spaceflight first, done by US, USSR and China, which India hasn't completed yet either.

Shukryaan delay = Delay in asteroid bypass and lander = Delay in Jupiter mission. All slated for next decade now.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Copy same at Venus missions thread please.
Regards

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
ISRO has focused on other areas as well which is not talked about much. ISRO is behind improving IMD forecasts quite a lot through installation of Doppler weather radars all over the country. These radars are all designed and completely built in India.

TopWatcher

Country flag
ISRO payloads for Indo-Japanese Chandrayaan-4 aka LUPEX
Bahut news dekh liya, ISRO yeh kar raha hai , woh kar raha hai.

Launches kaha hai ? CY2/Aditya/IRNSS/etc sab kaha hai.

Why media giving so much in advance, if any project didnt get clearance from govt.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles