ISRO General News and Updates

Varoon2

Country flag
Link to conversation
I positively saw a photo of PSLV C54's first stage being assembled on a social media site. Unfortunately I cannot locate it anywhere presently. It may have been removed. Anyway, it looks like it will be launched in November.

Swesh

I positively saw a photo of PSLV C54's first stage being assembled on a social media site. Unfortunately I cannot locate it anywhere presently. It may have been removed. Anyway, it looks like it will be launched in November.
It's weird that many times pslv c54 is mentioned it's immediately removed from source

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Was scheduled for this October. Must have slipped to November only in favour of OneWeb launch as they were about ready in September.
wasn't there some launchpad or building being built that isro was getting ready so that the rate of launches would increase?

what was the status of that .I am more concerned about future and sustainable launch rates.

Swesh

wasn't there some launchpad or building being built that isro was getting ready so that the rate of launches would increase?

what was the status of that .I am more concerned about future and sustainable launch rates.
Actually isro is shifting pslv launchpad to slp want shift mini launchers like sslv. Pvt launcher to tamilnadu launchpad which is under construction and want a dedicated FLP for Human space flight.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Actually isro is shifting pslv launchpad to slp want shift mini launchers like sslv. Pvt launcher to tamilnadu launchpad which is under construction and want a dedicated FLP for Human space flight.
I think ISRO changing its strategy. Now gslv will see more commercial launch, as cost will be less for customers due to high payload. SSLV going to replace pslv.

Vamsi

Country flag
No, PSLV will still be launched from 1st LP....there is a reason why they constructed new 'PSLV' integration Facility at FLP. Kulashekarapatnam space port is for both SSLV & Private launchers .

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I think ISRO changing its strategy. Now gslv will see more commercial launch, as cost will be less for customers due to high payload. SSLV going to replace pslv.
Ya'll Nibbiars all cost the same pet KGs.

Swesh

Another article confirming pslv November launch
P.S.- use Google translator

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
so there was a russia angle here too.
====
36 satellites belonging to OneWeb, the part UK government-owned broadband satellite company, are launched from India using ISRO’s GSLV rocket, after the use of Russian Soyuz rockets was suspended in March.

OneWeb is building out a constellation of 648 broadband satellites. Before today, 426 of those spacecraft had reached orbit, all of them atop Russian-made Soyuz rockets operated by the French company Arianespace. But the ongoing Russian invasion, which began on Feb. 24, splintered that spaceflight partnership, forcing OneWeb to look elsewhere for rocket rides.

Vamsi

Country flag
Naam m kya rakha hai kaam dekho
Naam is also important na, back to the topic, he also said there is also a Mk-2 launch with NVS-1, he said it will be year end, which year end does he mean, this year end i.e Dec 2022 or this financial year 2022-23 end i.e March 2023??

Swesh

Naam is also important na, back to the topic, he also said there is also a Mk-2 launch with NVS-1, he said it will be year end, which year end does he mean, this year end i.e Dec 2022 or this financial year 2022-23 end i.e March 2023??
Most likely He meant financial year they do have tendency to confuse media. Following Sivan's footsteps i guess!

TopWatcher

Country flag

1000 cr for 2 launches of LVM-3 ? How is it possible ? LVM-3 itself cost around 700cr (I read some where). Then ISRO earn ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles