ISRO General News and Updates

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Sorry buddy. But it seems that your insider source has thrown you bait and hook.

View attachment 35007
View attachment 35008
View attachment 35009
Please count the number of launchpads. So the TLP status could be seen here itself.

Moreover you might have missed this particular para of reporting.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...-for-middle-of-april-isro/article25968158.ece

So the crew, crew module and vehicle would be Indian. But it is no where told that all the subsystems would be build from scratch in house.

Although it is a non-political thread, but somewhere I say that it has been mentioned that UPA was more inclined towards science then NDA. It might be. But let us have a look at one report from 2010.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...r-human-space-flight-mission-65857-2010-01-26

So you see, the Human mission is not something which NDA or for that Modi suggested. It was planned way back in last decade. But we all know how was the funding and political support towards institutions like these that it took more then two years after this announcement to start work on TLP. We already missed the 2015 timeline because of political inclination to the project.
Where is TLP??? I only see FLP, SLP and VAB.

1+1=2 not 3

Thanks............... ISRO has just changed the nomenclature as per verb IMO. MST in FLP is used for INTEGRATION whereas VAB is used for ASSEMBLY in SLP.

But I think TLP is already there in place.

View attachment 35050
That isn't TLP.

You want to see TLP?

Here it is proposed TLP site with no work in progress.

https://goo.gl/maps/wpLFVbXufbe6aD5Q7

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
But even the 2022 deadline can be met if countries like Russia, France give assistance in periheral technology like temperature control and other human rated technology.
No help will come from anyone. Arianespace and Roscosmos are both competing for low cost human launches. No way they will help their competitor.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Khatarnak negativity hai bhai tumhari.
ISRO is doing things that even if a failure occur, world will not look away (though I do hope this does not happen with manned space mission ).
Even if they can't do in that time frame, they can do it within 2030 then also INDIA WILL STILL BE THE FOURTH Nation to do this sort of thing.
I AM NOT AT ALL WORRIED ABOUT "NON-EXISTENT HUMILIATION".
Humiliation will come from SUPARCO sending Pakis in space in 2022 before India. They want to take a giant leap in space race against India. We on the other hand are not sure what to do. When our program fails and we will have to go to SPACEX or Roscosmos for a ride to ISS many years after Pakis, it will be a humiliation.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Humiliation will come from SUPARCO sending Pakis in space in 2022 before India. They want to take a giant leap in space race against India.
Sending a human onboard foreign spacecraft in orbit isn't an achivement. India has done that long back with Rakesh Sharma.
Ignorant pakis who compare their linear implosion based bombs to vast Indian nuclear program, small array of ballistic & cruise missiles to Indian systems and a couple of such Indians who have a false sense of parity between India & Pakistan may be affected though. Their bubble doesn't make difference.

Its impossible to "humiliate" a space agency with full launch capability even in next 30 years given where rest of the world is.
We on the other hand are not sure what to do.
Agreed, we don't have long term plans yet. We just keep adding capabilities over capabilities.
When our program fails and we will have to go to SPACEX or Roscosmos
In what way SpaceX? In what way it will "fail" first place? Are we going to shut down ISRO after 2022?
for a ride to ISS many years after Pakis, it will be a humiliation.
You think that ISS itself will survive that long?

You think India can't conduct manned spaceflight before 2030 because you belive making life support systems is difficult (stupid).
But you believe that SpaceX can prepare tech to colonize space by then. No matter how much resources, money and time will be needed. Where is SpaceX and rest of world today, do you have any idea?
No help will come from anyone. Arianespace and Roscosmos are both competing for low cost human launches. No way they will help their competitor.
We have pacts with them for training however.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Humiliation will come from SUPARCO sending Pakis in space in 2022 before India. They want to take a giant leap in space race against India. We on the other hand are not sure what to do. When our program fails and we will have to go to SPACEX or Roscosmos for a ride to ISS many years after Pakis, it will be a humiliation.
:pound::pound::pound:

India already sent a astronaut RAKESH SHARMA to space using a foreign launcher in 1984 , which the porkistanis are trying to emulate, that is send a porky to space using Chinese launcher, so going by your logic it is our humiliation that the porkies are 40 years too late to realise their own humiliation.:pound::pound::pound:

Oh incase you genius did not realise around 40 countries including India have already taken your so called giant leap in space :pound::pound::pound:

Porkies are too late to the party of getting a astronaut into a space piggybacking on a foreign launcher. Nobody gives a fuck about porkies except for ignoramuses

Last edited:

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Wait...So you believe in SUARCo but not in ISRO...( I doubt you are an Indian),then tell us which one has done more development in manned space tech, unless you are talking of some Porkies going on Chinese craft, we have already done that through ROSCOSMOS. So no humiliation from Pakis...

Advaidhya Tiwari

SUPARCO sending via Chinese launcher is like India sending via Russian launcher. India has already done this and first Indian to space is Rakesh Sharma. Dozens of countries have already flown their astronauts to space on USA or USSR rocket before 1990. How is it a humiliation?

How many people have got a ticket for such low cost launches? I don't think anyone has any such intention at all.

India will pay France & Russia to get non military technology like life support systems and they will gladly provide few such system for 1-2 launches. It is a win-win for both.

Last edited:

knathan

Country flag
Yes NASA Also humiliated by SUPERCO because SUPERCO launched hupple telescope

scatterStorm

Country flag
"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" -- Murphy's Law.

Its better to crawl when you can't walk. In case of ISRO we are not anymore crawling, however we are hot stepping. But if we can fit few couple of lakhs rupee camera rather than a price tag of million on-board mars satellite, I am pretty sure our sharp minds are working on solutions already.

SUPERCO can suck my balls, but they are long way from texas. They don't possess that curiosity, those leaders and visionaries, those generations of mathematicians and scientists who built what ISRO is today. If SUPERCO thinks they can piggy back a ride than they must realise how regressive there approach is.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
ISRO's timeline of interplanetary/Scientific missions in next decade.

• Xposat Planetary exploration - 2020 (Xray sat for high energy astrophysics)
  • Aditya L1 - 2021 (Study of sun) (Prediction of solar winds and solar coronas)
  • Mars Orbiter Mission 2 - 2022 (Much awaited, may include rover like NASA)
  • mission to Venus - 2023 :india2:
  • Chandrayaan 3 - 2024 (more advance mission to moon:clap2:)
  • Solar Mission - 2028 (Detailed study of sun)

:india::india::india::india::india::india::india:

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Mission to Venus now has 20 payloads shortlisted

spacecraft to Venus will lift off with more than 20 payloads

“We have received great response from across the world, and more than 20 payloads planned

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...lanetary-travel-list/articleshow/69381185.cms

Xposat to study cosmic radiation in 2020, Aditya L1 to the Sun in 2021, Mars Orbiter Mission-2 in 2022, Lunar Polar Exploration or Chandrayaan-3 in 2024 and Exoworlds, an exploration outside the solar system in 2028

Xposat will be a five-year mission, carrying a polarimeter instrument made by Raman Research Institute to measure cosmic radiation. The spacecraft will be placed in a circular 500-700km orbit.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
PSLV-CA C46 / RISAT-2B

Some highlights

• Primary payload: RISAT-2B (615 kg) SAR imaging satellite.
  • Mission duration: 15 min. 30 sec.
  • Target Orbit : 557 km (circular), Inclination = 37°
  • Launch Azimuth: 140°
  • PSLV configuration : Core Alone
  • 48th flight of PSLV

Primary Payload:

RISAT-2B: X Band, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging satellite for Earth observation.

• Mass: 615 kg
  • Orbit: 557 km (circular) at inclination of 37°
  • Mission life: 5 years

Launch countdown

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...g=PSLV-CA+C46+/+RISAT-2B&font=sanserif&csz=1#

Launch Kit

https://www.isro.gov.in/sites/defau...ch_kit/PSLV-C46_RISAT2B_launch_kit/index.html

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO's timeline of interplanetary/Scientific missions in next decade.

• Xposat Planetary exploration - 2020 (Xray sat for high energy astrophysics)
  • Aditya L1 - 2021 (Study of sun) (Prediction of solar winds and solar coronas)
  • Mars Orbiter Mission 2 - 2022 (Much awaited, may include rover like NASA)
  • mission to Venus - 2023 :india2:
  • Chandrayaan 3 - 2024 (more advance mission to moon:clap2:)
  • Solar Mission - 2028 (Detailed study of sun)
:india::india::india::india::india::india::india:
LOL, this is your source again. Right?
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/af...lanetary-travel-list/articleshow/69381185.cms
Xposat Planetary exploration - 2020 (Xray sat for high energy astrophysics)
AFAIK, AstroSat-2 is a priority over XPOSat. News regarding development of equipment for it too are more recent and prevalent than that of XPOSat. There is no update on XPOSat for long time.
If you got any, let us know.
https://defenceforumindia.com/forum...pace-exploration-observatories-orbital.77402/
Aditya L1 - 2021 (Study of sun) (Prediction of solar winds and solar coronas)
No, first half of 2020. It's the timeline from latest official statement.
https://m.timesofindia.com/articleshow/69169011.cms
Mars Orbiter Mission 2 - 2022 (Much awaited, may include rover like NASA)
No, it will just be a larger orbiter with more equipment. That has been discussed sometimes in 2016. Timeline too is likely to get delayed.

Unlike Moon, Mars has an atmosphere. Landers used on Martian missions are nothing like that on Lunar mission.

Adding that its far away too. Getting the orbital insertion matured is a priority first. Mapping the Mars & interpreting composition of its environment is needed first.
Tough technology to master. Don't expect a Mars rover from India before 5 orbiter missions.
mission to Venus - 2023 :india2:
Timeline is unrealistic.
Chandrayaan 3 - 2024 (more advance mission to moon:clap2:)

Solar Mission - 2028 (Detailed study of sun)
Timelines are unrealistic for Cdy-3. Moreover, its first time that I heard about a second solar mission.

I think this source reports a bit more accurately than TOI.
https://www.wionews.com/world/isro-...issions-in-a-decade-chairman-dr-sivan-219508/

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
BREKING: RLV-TD Landing Experiment may happen this year. 2019.

According to Inside sources ISRO may be planning for LE of RLV-TD by air dropping scale model.

More info will come....

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/af...lanetary-travel-list/articleshow/69381185.cms

AFAIK, AstroSat-2 is a priority over XPOSat. News regarding development of equipment for it too are more recent and prevalent than that of XPOSat. There is no update on XPOSat for long time.
https://defenceforumindia.com/forum...pace-exploration-observatories-orbital.77402/

No, it will just be a larger orbiter with more equipment. That has been discussed sometimes in 2016. Timeline too is likely to get delayed.

Unlike Moon, Mars has an atmosphere. Landers used on Martian missions are nothing like that on Lunar mission.

Adding that its far away too. Getting the orbital insertion matured is a priority first. Mapping the Mars & interpreting composition of its environment is needed first.
Tough technology to master. Don't expect a Mars rover from India before 5 orbiter missions.

Timeline is unrealistic.

Timelines are unrealistic for Cdy-3. Moreover, its first time that I heard about a second solar mission.

https://www.wionews.com/world/isro-...issions-in-a-decade-chairman-dr-sivan-219508/
Well, from my friend!
ISRO has actually had missions to the outer solar system/intersteller space planned for some time. I believe at one point they had a mission to jupiter planned for 2024. Given the current stage of the GSLV MK-3 program we should have the capability to launch interstellar spacecraft on escape trajectories from 2024-2025 onwards.
Jupiter mission, how I forgot?
Wait
and Exoworlds, an exploration outside the solar system in 2028
So, some mission like Voyager or Pioneer is booked? Same medium GSLV Mk3 or with a heavy lift launcher?

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power

Timeline is unrealistic.

I have my sources, don't have to relay on news-scrapers. Timeline may shift a bit but those missions won't be to difficult as we already have working knowledge in this field. Now its just more instruments and heavy launcher.

If any changes in timeline I will update.....

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Well, from my friend!

Jupiter mission, how I forgot?
Wait
Jupiter and Saturn projects are in pipeline. Those missions will happen not sure about timeline.

So, some mission like Voyager or Pioneer is booked? Same medium GSLV Mk3 or with a heavy lift launcher?
Mission to explore outside solar system is scientific in nature, still in early concept stage. It would be too early to call it escape mission.

Would you mind apprising me with a few?
Its a secret:hat:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Jupiter and Saturn projects are in pipeline. Those missions will happen not sure about timeline.
Saturn?
Anywa leave it, tell me about Cdy-3.
Mission to explore outside solar system is scientific in nature, still in early concept stage. It would be too early to call it escape mission.
I'm just simply asking if its a hubble type space telescope or a spacecraft going beyond Pluto.
No other confusion is there when they told about "exoworlds".
Its a secret:hat:
I'm wondering how come I don't know things like Saturn mission despite being this close.

Guess either all the projects aren't shared with staff or you are trolling me.

We will come to know after some time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles