ISRO General News and Updates

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Isro planning to launch French satellite SPOT 7 on June 26

CHENNAI: Indian Space Research Organization (Isro) is planning to launch its next rocket PSLV C23 carrying a French remote sensing satellite SPOT 7, along with four others from Sriharikota spaceport on June 26, a senior official said on Friday. "As of now, we have scheduled the launch of PSLV C23 at 9.50am on June 26. A 52-hour countdown has been planned, which would commence at 6 am on June 24," the Isro official told PTI. SPOT 7 is an Earth observing satellite, similar to Indian Remote Satellite System (IRSS), he said, adding four other satellites would also be launched on the same day. This time around, Isro would use the core-only edition of the launch vehicle PSLV, he said. Asked if there would be any change in the date of launch, he said the date and time also depend on the availability of VIPs, if any, witnessing the launch. The satellites would be integrated with the launch vehicle on June 16 and heat shield check would be performed on June 18. Known for its expertise in launching PSLVs with smaller payloads up to 1,600kg, the national space agency Isro has earned a name in the space industry, attracting huge sum to the country as foreign exchange.

Isro planning to launch French satellite SPOT 7 on June 26 - The Times of India

vppurushothaman

New technologies using made a satlight Indias people expected .....

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk

vppurushothaman

world in nomber one. .. Indian space center. Isro.. .so. nasa. researching. same idia Indian methods

Ashutosh Lokhande

why u have to mention that u have send the msg from ur LG-D686 using Tapatalk? . just curious, i have seen that most of chinese guys mention it.

vppurushothaman

Sorry sir. Very realy sorry. That my mistake. I must lisson next time

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Countdown for ISRO's PSLV C23 begins at Sriharikota

CHENNAI: The 49- hour countdown for launch of ISRO's PSLV C23 carrying a French Earth observation satellite along with four others from Singapore, Canada and Germany on June 30, commenced at the spaceport of Sriharikota today. "The 49 hour countdown of PSLV C23 Mission started at 08:52 AM at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota," ISRO said. The Launch Authorisation Board (LAB), which met yesterday at Sriharikota, cleared the launch, paving the way for the start of the countdown. The launch, originally fixed at 9.49 am on June 30, has been rescheduled for 9.52 am due to the probability of space debris movement during the launch window. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to witness the launch of the French satellite, SPOT-7 and the co-passenger spacecraft from Canada, Germany and Singapore from the first launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, about 100 km from here. SPOT-7 is an Earth observing satellite, similar to Indian Remote Sensing System (IRSS). ISRO has so far launched 35 satellites of foreign countries onboard its workhorse Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
Countdown for ISRO's PSLV C23 begins at Sriharikota - The Economic Times

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Launch time has been changed from 9:52 to 9:58 to avoid space debris .

thethinker

Country flag
Waiting for Western media to again bring back following topics and blend them while reporting this successful launch :

a) Poverty in India
b) Lack of toilets
c) Crimes in India against women

and finally a new addition :

d) Hindu nationalist PM and his India vision :lol:

Articles